All-22 Grades for Bills/Patriots (The Athletic)

HappyDays

On 12/29/2021 at 4:18 PM, gordong said:

not surprised to see the rookies struggle they have hit the rookie wall....  Hopefully they can come out of it and provide something in the playoffs.  Bates motel earned another shot at guard to see if it was a one time thing or if he is that much better than mongo. 

Despite what that caller in NE* thinks, there is a definite “rookie wall”. At week 17, they’ve already played way more games than a college national champion and we’re still 2weeks away from the playoffs. This is a 24/7/365 commitment vs. a bunch of non-essential classes, lengthy breaks, being ‘po’ and dorm life/chasing skirt. 
It’s only going to be more evident going forward with another regular season game and bye added soon. Coaches Have to account for this. It’s inevitable, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Great insight and what they wrote is confirmed by the eye test.

Yes Kemerow really blew his opportunity and he isnt getting and younger.  The Rousseau grade is not a shock but a disappointment, maybe he is in a rookie tired phase.  Butler no shock,  Was hoping to see how Effee Obada scored.

To date the departure of Tre White hasn't cost us a game, dont think we can be as lucky going forward in the playoffs if the weather is nice. 

Obada got a B grade

On 12/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, chris heff said:

I remember another first round DE struggling during his rookie season, think his number was 78. If I remember correctly he improved.

I think that guy struggled compared to the expectations for a first overall pick. But he still had 6.5 sacks as a rook.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes

we had the opportunity to draft TJ Watt

And how many other teams had the same chance as us? He went #30, didn't he? So 29 other teams had the same chance and passed on it.

The correct answer is no, not yet, but improvement is needed.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Despite what that caller in NE* thinks, there is a definite “rookie wall”. At week 17, they’ve already played way more games than a college national champion and we’re still 2weeks away from the playoffs. This is a 24/7/365 commitment vs. a bunch of non-essential classes, lengthy breaks, being ‘po’ and dorm life/chasing skirt. 
It’s only going to be more evident going forward with another regular season game and bye added soon. Coaches Have to account for this. It’s inevitable, imo.

It happens to freshman in college too.

In HS, I played 25 games.  College, it was 56.  At about game 35 or so….my body was tired and so was my mind.  

I think my batting average dropped like 40-45 points in the last 20 games or so.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, JaCrispy said:

None of our 3 DE picks, the last few years, are producing...should we be concerned?

Don’t be concerned about them.  

be concerned about Joe Gatto leaving Impractical Jokers.  😞 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I think that guy struggled compared to the expectations for a first overall pick. But he still had 6.5 sacks as a rook.

And how many other teams had the same chance as us? He went #30, didn't he? So 29 other teams had the same chance and passed on it.

The correct answer is no, not yet, but improvement is needed.

I wanted to draft him , i could care less what other teams did

On 12/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, not getting it for the NE game either. I'm able to get it for previous games. I really hate the change in formatting of game pass. It used to be so much more user friendly and seemed to work so much better. I constantly have problems with it. 

I am sure they increased ability to collect and bill when they decreased reliability.  Someone got a bonus.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am sure they increased ability to collect and bill when they decreased reliability.  Someone got a bonus.

I have paid for game pass since it came out. I love being able to sit somewhere, all by myself, and enjoy spending my time going through each game, play by play - and being able to focus on whatever I would like at the moment. It is something I truly find enjoyable. However, their changes in formatting and continual problems I experience have really made me question whether it is worth the price and to consider letting my subscription lapse.

• Agree 1

Epenesa and Rouseau have flashed.  Tough to make a major impact with limited true true pass rush opportunities.  I like them both.  Next season they will be more relied upon.  I dont expect Addison or Hughes back.  Both have flashed enough to me for De not to be a major hole.  

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have paid for game pass since it came out. I love being able to sit somewhere, all by myself, and enjoy spending my time going through each game, play by play - and being able to focus on whatever I would like at the moment. It is something I truly find enjoyable. However, their changes in formatting and continual problems I experience have really made me question whether it is worth the price and to consider letting my subscription lapse.

Same here.  $100 is worth it though.  Considering all the time that I spend on GP, I’m paying maybe a dollar an hour.  If I didn’t rewatch every game 1-2 times, I’d def drop it due to the formatting and continual problems you mentioned.  You’d think they it would improve from year to year but it’s more like Madden (the video game)

Edited by NewEra

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same here.  $100 is worth it though.  Considering all the time that I spend on GP, I’m paying maybe a dollar an hour.  If I didn’t rewatch every game 1-2 times, I’d def drop it due to the formatting and continual problems you mentioned.  You’d think they it would improve from year to year but it’s more like Madden (the video game)

Yeah, I won't cancel because. like you, I go through every game at least 1-2 times and then keep going back to look at and breakdown certain plays. But, you would think with all of the advancements in technology we see every day, they would find a way to make changes that create an easier and more enjoyable experience for the user, rather than the opposite...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Groot and Espenesa are not on the same level. Groot has significantly more pressures, hurry ups, and stuffs this season. He’s been a consistent tackler and impacts the run game.

Correct. Rousseau has 22 pressures as a rookie and has only failed to register at least one pressure on three occasions - Houston, Tampa and the first New England game. He has been around the Quarterback plenty.

I was really impressed with Dawkins.  I've been watching terrible guard play more closely than Dawkins all year.  In the plays that Dawkins had given up earlier in the year it seemed to be more speed rushes around the edge than any stunts or inside pass rushes where poor guard play might be the issue. 

What I saw last week, was him setting up early in pass protection and engaging the pass rusher early.  He stood up the defender and typically gave no ground.  I thought at the time this may be a way to conserve energy if he was not 100%.  

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Groot and Espenesa are not on the same level. Groot has significantly more pressures, hurry ups, and stuffs this season. He’s been a consistent tackler and impacts the run game.

Epenesa has really been a non factor outside of the Miami game.  He was supposed to be a play to the whistle hustle guy but you don't see him making any of those type of plays.  I posted before I liked the idea of him trimming down but the weight loss has not translated into any type of athleticism.  He will be on the short list of surprise training camp cuts next season depending on what they do in free agency.  He probably is given one more season to prove himself as my guess is both Addison and Hughes will be gone.  I'd take a one year older Hughes over what we have seen from Epenesa so far.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.