Anyone else sensing a Bates dilemma?

BillnutinHouston

Play him and get Darryl Williams off the field, monster liability.  Williams should have been benched from the play at the end of the Jags game where he didn't know the snap count and allowed Smoot to go unabated at Allen. Dude is trash. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Disagree 3

On 1/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering that McDermott and Daboll and Josh have all been heaping praise on Morse as having his best season this year and so forth, moving on from Morse doesn’t seem likely to be on the menu.  And no, Feliciano is not a better center than Morse.

I said that because the rumors are that Morse may wish to retire at season’s end. I am not basing it on his play. He has to consider his family after all his concussions so he won’t be one of those lineman who plays to 35 IMO.

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

I said that because the rumors are that Morse may wish to retire at season’s end. I am not basing it on his play. He has to consider his family after all his concussions so he won’t be one of those lineman who plays to 35 IMO.

Curious about those rumors cuz I haven’t read

Morse hasn’t had a concussion this season (yet) has he?  He’s previously been pretty emphatic about he’s going to be fine because he “does things right” as far as concussion protocol

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious about those rumors cuz I haven’t read

Morse hasn’t had a concussion this season (yet) has he?  He’s previously been pretty emphatic about he’s going to be fine because he “does things right” as far as concussion protocol

I read it came from his father that Mitch was thinking about this being his last season and informed the team prior to this year. I truly believe that was why they were so urgent about the Feliciano resigning. I hope I am wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I read it came from his father that Mitch was thinking about this being his last season and informed the team prior to this year. I truly believe that was why they were so urgent about the Feliciano resigning. I hope I am wrong. 

What was urgent about the Feliciano resigning? They signed Milano and Williams before him I recall and Mongo signed a day or two before free agency started  on lower money than most thought

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:55 PM, Aussie Joe said:

What was urgent about the Feliciano resigning? They signed Milano and Williams before him I recall and Mongo signed a day or two before free agency started  on lower money than most thought

Because they had no backup center!!! Feliciano was a known quantity at center and passable at guard. Bates was a guess if they needed him at center and you don’t want a guess at the man who makes the line calls. So this way they had insurance at both roles. It makes even more sense now that Mongo isn’t even playing. They saw him as just a depth guy and not a clear cut starting guard. Remember Mongo played when Mitch was out and actually they performed pretty well with him at center so they trusted him there. I think the moment they draft a solid young center then Mongo will be a goner soon after because they don’t need him at that salary. 

Edited by Locomark

On 1/8/2022 at 11:05 PM, ArtVandalay said:

Play him and get Darryl Williams off the field, monster liability.  Williams should have been benched from the play at the end of the Jags game where he didn't know the snap count and allowed Smoot to go unabated at Allen. Dude is trash. 

This is one of the worst takes I've read in a while. 

No doubt Williams isn't an ideal RT candidate any longer, but he has been our best RG option all season. WTF are you watching? 

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is one of the worst takes I've read in a while. 

No doubt Williams isn't an ideal RT candidate any longer, but he has been our best RG option all season. WTF are you watching? 

Agreed. Williams was horrendous in the Jax game. But he has really looked good at guard. He has even looked much better when forced to shift to tackle when Dawkins and Brown were out.

i actually would be very comfortable going into next season with Dawkins and Brown at tackles and Williams at right guard.  I think the big questions will be what they do at LG and even with Morse at center. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think the team has decided that Bates is a better choice at Guard than Feliciano.  Not sure Feliciano will see that position again, unless due to injury.

I think (and hope) it all changes this off-season anyway with some new blood and maybe position reassignments.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.