Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I just called out your troll compadres on another thread, I give you props for showing up.

That being said, I hope NE keeps Mac Jones for a decade because he has a noodle arm and I think his ceiling is average starter at best.

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

I was much more disappointed in the D than the O. Sorry not forcing at least one punt is unacceptable.  (I literally yelled at the TV when Jackson dropped that INT thrown right to him with 7 minutes left.   I had to apologize for teaching my 7 year old nephew a new bad word lol)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

I think there must be a pit in the stomach of Pat's fans today realizing that Jones will simply never be capable physically of doing what Allen did today.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

I was much more disappointed in the D than the O. Sorry not forcing at least one punt is unacceptable.  (I literally yelled at the TV when Jackson dropped that INT thrown right to him with 7 minutes left.   I had to apologize for teaching my 7 year old nephew a new bad word lol)

PF, serious question, what do you see from McCorkle that gives you the idea that he's dynamic in any way?

• Agree 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

I think there must be a pit in the stomach of Pat's fans today realizing that Jones will simply never be capable physically of doing what Allen did today.

I don’t know I think if the D actually stops the Bills on that last drive, or Jackson actually holds onto the ball he leads them for the go ahead TD.. that doesn’t mean they win but I think he would have.. but then again the D sucked for the Pats.. (and probably because Allen made them look that way)

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

PF, serious question, what do you see from McCorkle that gives you the idea that he's dynamic in any way?

I see a smart player who gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately but has a decided lack of arm strength that will never allow him to truly be an elite QB.

I see him as Chad Pennington lite...you can make the playoffs with him, but he will never be the reason you win a game there.

For what it's worth, I see why the Pats only let him attempt 3 passes last game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Simple, he doesn’t panic when trailing and in every game has the Pats within a score or goes ahead in the fourth.  He always has the team in a place to win in the 4th. Most QBs can’t say that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Yup.  McD coached a helluva game today too.  

Dominating performance by Josh Allen feeding our Wr5 all game. 

Piss poor performance by Mac n ChZ.  1-10 on 3rd down conversions.  Very noodle like performance.  And we saw exactly why he was only trusted to throw the ball 3 times in the first matchup.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t know I think if the D actually stops the Bills on that last drive, or Jackson actually holds onto the ball he leads them for the go ahead TD.. that doesn’t mean they win but I think he would have.. but then again the D sucked for the Pats.. (and probably because Allen made them look that way)

Classy. I loved Bill's acknowledgment of Allen's performance at the end.

Mac had a rough day, but these 2 organizations are now actual foes. We will enjoy many more riveting games like this until Belichick hangs it up

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I see a smart player who gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately but has a decided lack of arm strength that will never allow him to truly be an elite QB.

I see him as Chad Pennington lite...you can make the playoffs with him, but he will never be the reason you win a game there.

You could be right,, but he is only a rookie who has done everything the Pats have asked him. He didn’t lose todays game for the Pats that was the D that dropped at least 2 INT but worse we’re never able to get off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

Good game, and classy post. 

we may see you in the playoffs! 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think you are making the same mistake many a Bills fan, including myself, have made with their QBs.  They show a little promise so we think its just a matter of growing and getting more help.  I just don't see anything more than a game manager in Jones.  He is a young Fitzpatrick IMO.  Good enough to win some games and keep the fans and the team interested but not good enough to win it all without the 85 Bears defense.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Almost no QB can.  Lemur may be able to run better, Br*dy might be able to fake better, but no QB has his complete package including willing to learn.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1-10 on 3rd down-  that’s what lost the game.

i was yelling at the TV when Levi drop the ball the hit him in both hands.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

You could be right,, but he is only a rookie who has done everything the Pats have asked him. He didn’t lose todays game for the Pats that was the D that dropped at least 2 INT but worse we’re never able to get off the field. 

Mayfield's best year was his rookie year. I could see Jones being similar. Once teams figure out his limitations and the "book" is out in him, he will struggle as teams tell him to beat them deep and squat on short routes...

Might not be a secret why he struggled badly in the last 2 games...that book might be published already.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.