[edit: Jaguars LB Josh Allen] tests positive for COVID-19

cv05

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

😂 Not going to lie when I saw the original title I wanted to throw my phone against the wall 😂

Since it was not from a source I thought of as reliable, I immediately assumed it was the Jag’s Josh, and just some chump looking to get a cheap rise from people. Like almost any April Fools thread, I approach with caution.  I don’t know why that title would seem like a good idea, but some people are just “different” and like attention, regardless of whether most of it was negative. 

16 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

While not a fan of the second thread of the same title, why were people so worked up about the first one? I definitely got fooled when I read it too, but laughed at the joke. Too many people were legit angry at the first thread-why?

14 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

People take things way too seriously around here.  

Because you could do this all the time - for example a quick search pulled up a Josh Allen that was killed in a car crash in Iowa - would that be funny to start a thread with. 

It would be no more inaccurate as this, but would that make you laugh?  Would you get worked up if a thread on the first page was about Josh Allen being killed in a car crash.

How about a guy like Spencer Brown - I am sure with that name - we could find all sorts of articles about that people with that name.

How about a nice article about Gabe Davis getting arrested in Washington state for gun charges?

Starting a thread with a purposefully misleading title just to get fans worked up is sickening - especially when done by a straight up troll.  The earlier one was at least by a legitimate poster, but that actually makes it more realistic.

The idea should not be to fool your fellow posters, but to provide legitimate information.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Because you could do this all the time - for example a quick search pulled up a Josh Allen that was killed in a car crash in Iowa - would that be funny to start a thread with. 

It would be no more inaccurate as this, but would that make you laugh?  Would you get worked up if a thread on the first page was about Josh Allen being killed in a car crash.

How about a guy like Spencer Brown - I am sure with that name - we could find all sorts of articles about that people with that name.

How about a nice article about Gabe Davis getting arrested in Washington state for gun charges?

Starting a thread with a purposefully misleading title just to get fans worked up is sickening - especially when done by a straight up troll.  The earlier one was at least by a legitimate poster, but that actually makes it more realistic.

The idea should not be to fool your fellow posters, but to provide legitimate information.

Dude back away from the ledge it’ll all be ok…no reason to be that angry. You immediately lose all credibility when you compare a harmless prank to death. 

I hope you’re able to find some joy today, go Bills, and happy holidays! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Dude back away from the ledge it’ll all be ok…no reason to be that angry. You immediately lose all credibility when you compare a harmless prank to death. 

I hope you’re able to find some joy today, go Bills, and happy holidays! 

Whatever - I am not comparing a prank to death.  I am saying posters could just as easily post the exact same “prank” using 100’s of other stories and they are no different.

Why should one fake joke thread about Josh Allen having COVID be acceptable to you, but others not be?

The threads should reflect what they are about and when troll posters use it just to get a rise then the Mods should close and or modify the title to reflect the actual content - just as they did.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Whatever - I am not comparing a prank to death.  I am saying posters could just as easily post the exact same “prank” using 100’s of other stories and they are no different.

Why should one fake joke thread about Josh Allen having COVID be acceptable to you, but others not be?

The threads should reflect what they are about and when troll posters use it just to get a rise then the Mods should close and or modify the title to reflect the actual content - just as they did.

comparing this to death is why I said people take things wayyy to seriously.  No one here in their right mind would even consider joking around about death.  Lighten up dude!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.