Trumpkins Zig, Trump Zags (Hint: you are no longer of use to him)

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-booster-shot-anti-vax-reaction-1275660/

Even if he ultimately doesn't run again, he's definitely reading the polls and, umm, "adjusting" his messaging.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago when formerly mainstream Romney Republican Hugh Hewitt interviewed Trump an openly encouraged him to run on two great achievements:

1. Operation Warp Speed - seize credit for pushing vaccine research and production! Claim to have shown the leadership necessary to turn the corner on the COVID situation in America.

2. The Abraham Accords - claim this as a huge turning point in U.S. foreign policy!

https://hughhewitt.com/former-president-trump-on-boris-johnsons-woes-sidney-powells-dough-and-more/

Anti-COVID vaxxers, he just pulled the rug out from under you.

It now has to become something wishy-washy like, "Yeah, it's a personal choice, and he made his choice and I'm making mine." But ... what's left of the "it's poisoning us, it's an instrument of government control," or [and these people show up here from time to time] "they are using it to monitor us/rearrange our DNA" opposition? I mean, a core belief is that the Democratic controlled government is forcing all of this vaccine nonsense on us, and if Trump isn't the Marvel Superhero standing alone against this, at a minimum he's the "guy who knows what's really going on." And face facts: he's decided it polls better to present himself as the Vaccine Savior rather than the Personal Freedom Anti-Mandate Defender.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-was-angry-at-capitol-mob-only-because-they-looked-cheap-and-poor-report/

He used you when it was politically expedient. He's kind of done with you now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-booster-shot-anti-vax-reaction-1275660/

Even if he ultimately doesn't run again, he's definitely reading the polls and, umm, "adjusting" his messaging.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago when formerly mainstream Romney Republican Hugh Hewitt interviewed Trump an openly encouraged him to run on two great achievements:

1. Operation Warp Speed - seize credit for pushing vaccine research and production! Claim to have shown the leadership necessary to turn the corner on the COVID situation in America.

2. The Abraham Accords - claim this as a huge turning point in U.S. foreign policy!

https://hughhewitt.com/former-president-trump-on-boris-johnsons-woes-sidney-powells-dough-and-more/

It now has to become something wishy-washy like, "Yeah, it's a personal choice, and he made his choice and I'm making mine." But ... what's left of the "it's poisoning us, it's an instrument of government control," or [and these people show up here from time to time] "they are using it to monitor us/rearrange our DNA" opposition? I mean, a core belief is that the Democratic controlled government is forcing all of this vaccine nonsense on us, and if Trump isn't the Marvel Superhero standing alone against this, at a minimum he's the "guy who knows what's really going on." And face facts: he's decided it polls better to present himself as the Vaccine Savior rather than the Personal Freedom Anti-Mandate Defender.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-was-angry-at-capitol-mob-only-because-they-looked-cheap-and-poor-report/

You must be into the egg nogg early today, Frankish. 

As of 12/24/21 at 1:11pm, we have a number of vaccines to treat COVID available.  Citizens are free to be vaccinated or not, unless of course you work in a super-spreader environment currently defined by your boi Joe as "working for a big company or in some cases, government.". 

Donald Trump was vaccinated in January, and was President when the vaccine was being developed.  He spoke about it frequently, in fact, did so as your Biden/Harris team spread misinformation to their supporters about the trustworthiness of the vaccine. He held many press conferences to keep the public informed on the progress.  Interestingly, if polls are to be believed, a large portion of the anti-vax folks you mentioned historically voted democrat , and the message point delivered likely caused massive delays in seeking out the virus for those only vax-hesitant.  So, it seems quite logical that anti-vaxxers you've described would have jumped off the Trump train long, long ago when his admin worked with the pharmaceutical industry to develop the vax to begin with. 

Given that he was previously vaccinated, it seems not at all unusual that he would seek out the booster shot.  Interestingly, one of the major problems seems to be that a majority of people previously vaccinated aren't rushing out to get boosted quite yet:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2021/12/02/poll-significant-uptake-in-booster-shots-in-us-as-omicron-looms/?sh=40a9a913e692

Now, the cool part is that with DJT continuing in the pro-vax/pro-booster camp, the mixed messaging delivered by team Biden can be marginalized.  You should be happy about this. 

And holy crap, look at this article.  On the watch of the Biden admin, turns out the books may have been cooked and we really cannot trust the number of people who got only one of the required two shot cocktail:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-18/vaccine-data-gaps-point-to-millions-more-in-u-s-who-lack-shots

I really think if folks followed DJT's lead, we really would be in a much, much better place.  Instead, we've got some people actually supporting the spread of disinformation by current leadership by referring to it as good old 'political gamesmanship", in spite of the spiking numbers of infected and dying during a pandemic.  Some people, huh? 

However, when a solution is delivered table ready to a team lead by a person in the full throes of a steep cognitive decline, things are likely to get off track quickly.  You probably should have known that.  

Anyway--you never responded on what you meant by suggesting that the protests last summer "in and of themselves" weren't problematic with respect to COVID.  I feel like you got cold feet when asked to explain. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

all those NFL and NBA players who refused to get vaccinated are sure all big Trump guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Did Trump ever say that people should not take the vaccine (which would be dumb considering he took it himself)?  Or did he (again, take it himself and) telepathically tell people this, like he apparently did with breaking into the Capitol on January 6th?  No, he never did.

The next question is: are libs so dumb/desperate as to believe that people who refused the vaccine don't know Trump took it?  Everyone I know who refused to get it knows he got it and DGAS.  That includes people from the entire political spectrum.

And then how do you explain POC having such a high refusal rate?  Or those in other countries?  Closet/overseas Trump fans.

The libs are truly deranged.  It's bordering on psychopathy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Did Trump ever say that people should not take the vaccine (which would be dumb considering he took it himself)? 

Well, I'm not calling Trump or his acolytes dumb, but there was this precious bit of pandering just a few months ago:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-he-is-unlikely-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot-11630694477

Take your pick:

1. He's dumb.

2. He's not dumb, but he thinks his supporters (or at least a lot of 'em!) are dumb.

3. He did a lot of his own research (his uncle taught at MIT!) and decided that a booster was wise after all. This one would make sense, but weirdly enough he's not saying that. He's just saying "deal with it" to his anti-vaxx supporters.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-covid-booster-shot/

Trump revealed his booster status during a conversation with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, telling the host "yes" when asked if he received the booster shot. O'Reilly continued the conversation, but Trump interjected when he heard some in the crowd booing his answer. 

"Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, no, no. That's — there's a very tiny group over there," the former president said in response to an apparent smattering of boos, according to video posted by O'Reilly's show "No Spin News.

Prior to the question about the booster, Mr. Trump lauded his administration's efforts to develop the three COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the U.S., saying "we did something historic" and urging supporters to "take credit — we saved tens of millions of lives."

The former president was criticized for not disclosing his vaccination status while in office, in contrast to former Vice President Mike Pence and other top officials. Pence and others received the vaccine on camera, something Trump declined to do. Only in March did news outlets learn Trump was vaccinated at the White House in January, and many in his own party wanted him to be more consistently vocal in support of the vaccine. 

4 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

if your premise is people haven’t gotten the vaccine because of Donald Trump, then you’re not listening to what anyone is saying.

My premise is that Trump thought he would gain support of the nutty anti-vaxxers by feigning vaxx skepticism, all the while lining up for his shot/booster as soon as it became available. Look at the timeline.

Oh, and I know all too well "what people are saying." Some have said it right here - the vaccine is poison, it is used to track you, to compel compliance with the agenda of a mysterious cabal, to rearrange your DNA, etc., etc.

8 hours ago, 716er said:

Luckily this forum is nowhere close to representing the majority of Americans who agree Covid vaccines are safe and effective.

The anti-vax morons are the same ones who adored QANON until it wasn't cool.

Do you think it is proper to mandate a vaccine for a 6 year old who has virtually no threat from Covid?

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I'm not calling Trump or his acolytes dumb, but there was this precious bit of pandering just a few months ago:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-he-is-unlikely-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot-11630694477

Take your pick:

1. He's dumb.

2. He's not dumb, but he thinks his supporters (or at least a lot of 'em!) are dumb.

3. He did a lot of his own research (his uncle taught at MIT!) and decided that a booster was wise after all. This one would make sense, but weirdly enough he's not saying that. He's just saying "deal with it" to his anti-vaxx supporters.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-covid-booster-shot/

Trump revealed his booster status during a conversation with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, telling the host "yes" when asked if he received the booster shot. O'Reilly continued the conversation, but Trump interjected when he heard some in the crowd booing his answer. 

"Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, no, no. That's — there's a very tiny group over there," the former president said in response to an apparent smattering of boos, according to video posted by O'Reilly's show "No Spin News.

Prior to the question about the booster, Mr. Trump lauded his administration's efforts to develop the three COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the U.S., saying "we did something historic" and urging supporters to "take credit — we saved tens of millions of lives."

The former president was criticized for not disclosing his vaccination status while in office, in contrast to former Vice President Mike Pence and other top officials. Pence and others received the vaccine on camera, something Trump declined to do. Only in March did news outlets learn Trump was vaccinated at the White House in January, and many in his own party wanted him to be more consistently vocal in support of the vaccine.

Again, any diehard Trump supporter knows he got the vaccine, at least by March, and he never said to not get the initial vaccine.  So he's not the issue.  I'm not sure what you're not getting here. 

As for getting the booster, he initially refused and then changed his mind.  Which is his right.  Do we know definitively that we all need boosters?  Do we know that there are no long-term sequelae of the vaccines?

I have no plans on getting a booster, unless I'm required to do so by work.  There are more treatments for Wuhan virus than ever and it appears to be mutating to a less virulent form, albeit more infectious.  I'm hoping against hope that there are no long-term sequelae but at this point, the die has been cast.

As for the bolded, take your pick as to which one describes Kammy and other Dems who said they wouldn't trust the vaccine.  They did far more damage than Trump did.  It just doesn't fit your narrative.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/24/2021 at 11:46 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Being non vax is not a right wing position. Plenty of left wingers non vaxxed 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Frankish is knuckles deep into a conspiracy here.

Apparently,  the guy responsible for steering the federal government through the development of vaccines secretly aligns with the liberal d anti-vax crowd by being the president….who steered the federal government through the development of the vaccine they are “anti” about. The genius of the plan really shows when he took the vaccine and the follow up booster, employing the “dog whistle” technique wherein getting the jab really  sends the message that you’re against it.  

To be fair to @The Frankish Reich here, if one is determined to buy into another Trump conspiracy ploy, this one is good as urine and Russian hookers was already taken.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Supporting the individual's right to choose and expressing disapproval of mandates and the use of government force and coercion is not anti-vax or a left vs. right issue.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Frankish is knuckles deep into a conspiracy here.

Apparently,  the guy responsible for steering the federal government through the development of vaccines secretly aligns with the liberal d anti-vax crowd by being the president….who steered the federal government through the development of the vaccine they are “anti” about. The genius of the plan really shows when he took the vaccine and the follow up booster, employing the “dog whistle” technique wherein getting the jab really  sends the message that you’re against it.  

To be fair to @The Frankish Reich here, if one is determined to buy into another Trump conspiracy ploy, this one is good as urine and Russian hookers was already taken.  

first, hope you had a great Christmas.

No conspiracy theories here. Just plain old fashioned politics. Trump pandered to the conspiracy theorists, from the famous "I don't really know about QAnon, but I know they don't like child trafficking and they like me" to (after his election loss) being all coy about whether or not he got the vaccine, to stating he probably wouldn't get a booster just a few months ago. And now he's tacking hard to the middle in the hope of at least picking up some of those disenchanted with Biden.

This is not to say Biden won't do the same thing. In fact, he'd be a fool not to (so far the fool hypothesis is a pretty good one).

The point is what I said it was - he looking past his vaxx-skeptic base and to where most of America is.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

first, hope you had a great Christmas.

No conspiracy theories here. Just plain old fashioned politics. Trump pandered to the conspiracy theorists, from the famous "I don't really know about QAnon, but I know they don't like child trafficking and they like me" to (after his election loss) being all coy about whether or not he got the vaccine, to stating he probably wouldn't get a booster just a few months ago. And now he's tacking hard to the middle in the hope of at least picking up some of those disenchanted with Biden.

This is not to say Biden won't do the same thing. In fact, he'd be a fool not to (so far the fool hypothesis is a pretty good one).

The point is what I said it was - he looking past his vaxx-skeptic base and to where most of America is.

Thank you, and I hope you and your family did as well.  

Color me skeptical, though I suppose one man’s view of politicking is another’s conspiracy theory.   Interestingly enough, Trump’s messaging (as you see it, anyways) would go on the list of reasons people across the land might be vaxx hesitant or distrustful of the government/people in leadership.  

We’ve come this far and it’s almost a Christmas miracle.  What did you mean when you said protests were not superspreaders “…in and of themselves.”.   

10 hours ago, Doc said:

As for the bolded, take your pick as to which one describes Kammy and other Dems who said they wouldn't trust the vaccine.  They did far more damage than Trump did.

Cole Beasley will have the same amount of receptions tomorrow as the number of people who have cited Kammy's remarks as their reason not to get vaccinated.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:20 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You must be into the egg nogg early today, Frankish. 

As of 12/24/21 at 1:11pm, we have a number of vaccines to treat COVID available.  Citizens are free to be vaccinated or not, unless of course you work in a super-spreader environment currently defined by your boi Joe as "working for a big company or in some cases, government.". 

Donald Trump was vaccinated in January, and was President when the vaccine was being developed.  He spoke about it frequently, in fact, did so as your Biden/Harris team spread misinformation to their supporters about the trustworthiness of the vaccine. He held many press conferences to keep the public informed on the progress.  Interestingly, if polls are to be believed, a large portion of the anti-vax folks you mentioned historically voted democrat , and the message point delivered likely caused massive delays in seeking out the virus for those only vax-hesitant.  So, it seems quite logical that anti-vaxxers you've described would have jumped off the Trump train long, long ago when his admin worked with the pharmaceutical industry to develop the vax to begin with. 

Given that he was previously vaccinated, it seems not at all unusual that he would seek out the booster shot.  Interestingly, one of the major problems seems to be that a majority of people previously vaccinated aren't rushing out to get boosted quite yet:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2021/12/02/poll-significant-uptake-in-booster-shots-in-us-as-omicron-looms/?sh=40a9a913e692

Now, the cool part is that with DJT continuing in the pro-vax/pro-booster camp, the mixed messaging delivered by team Biden can be marginalized.  You should be happy about this. 

And holy crap, look at this article.  On the watch of the Biden admin, turns out the books may have been cooked and we really cannot trust the number of people who got only one of the required two shot cocktail:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-18/vaccine-data-gaps-point-to-millions-more-in-u-s-who-lack-shots

I really think if folks followed DJT's lead, we really would be in a much, much better place.  Instead, we've got some people actually supporting the spread of disinformation by current leadership by referring to it as good old 'political gamesmanship", in spite of the spiking numbers of infected and dying during a pandemic.  Some people, huh? 

However, when a solution is delivered table ready to a team lead by a person in the full throes of a steep cognitive decline, things are likely to get off track quickly.  You probably should have known that.  

Anyway--you never responded on what you meant by suggesting that the protests last summer "in and of themselves" weren't problematic with respect to COVID.  I feel like you got cold feet when asked to explain. 

Americans had every right to question Trump about his opinion on mitigation.

From injecting disinfectant as treatment to UV lights - to doctors of America peddling bogus cures - why would anyone trust someone who repeatedly denied the severity of the virus and promised it would just go away?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e472db9b362529fddc366486e85173d.jpeg

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Americans had every right to question Trump about his opinion on mitigation.

From injecting disinfectant as treatment to UV lights - to doctors of America peddling bogus cures - why would anyone trust someone who repeatedly denied the severity of the virus and promised it would just go away?

Of course Americans had/have the right to question these things. That was part of the original point—and thank you for acknowledging it. 

You can pretend that the Dems advising those same Americans to be skeptical of the vaccine, and fighting the dissemination of information as part of the dem platform in 2020 had nothing to do with the skepticism, but that seems a fools errand to me just based on the numbers we all can see. 

I guess I wonder why in your mind American’s lost the right to question when your new admin took over?   It’s pretty obvious based on vax numbers that millions of Americans of all political stripes still do, yet suddenly the Biden messaging is to sit down, shut up and submit. 

You probably missed this up thread:

The B/H ticket is really struggling here as people reject their mitigation recommendations. 

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course Americans had/have the right to question these things. That was part of the original point—and thank you for acknowledging it. 

You can pretend that the Dems advising those same Americans to be skeptical of the vaccine, and fighting the dissemination of information as part of the dem platform in 2020 had nothing to do with the skepticism, but that seems a fools errand to me just based on the numbers we all can see. 

I guess I wonder why in your mind American’s lost the right to question when your new admin took over?   It’s pretty obvious based on vax numbers that millions of Americans of all political stripes still do, yet suddenly the Biden messaging is to sit down, shut up and submit. 

You probably missed this up thread:

The B/H ticket is really struggling here as people reject their mitigation recommendations. 

The non-stop hypocrisy is astounding from both sides however the left really is so much "better" at is.