Dion Dawkins, Stefon Diggs named to Pro Bowl

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dopey's point was there is a reasonable argument both ways. And he is right. They have had very similar seasons. 

True but cisco's point is that context matters.  The Chargers have a far better OL (I'd switch with theirs in a heartbeat) and Josh has been pulled early in several bllowouts where he could easily have racked-up more stats.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

True but cisco's point is that context matters.  The Chargers have a far better OL (I'd switch with theirs in a heartbeat) and Josh has been pulled early in several bllowouts where he could easily have racked-up more stats.

Allen & the Bills regardless have lost every big game to date this year (except KC).

Actually very similar to the Chargers last year that resulted in Anthony Lynn being fired....

Let's hope this week doesn't come down to late fourth quarter.

Lamar was good the first half, but great is a stretch.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Billl said:

on field and off field are two different things.   he's a sh@t talking problem starter in just about every game he's played in.   his fans know it,  and the multitude of people who dislike him definitely know it.    just cuz yer "good" in the community doesnt mean your peers on the field think youre all that great.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Plus we had one game in a hurricane already, gross stats are just one part of the story

Herbert operates well within the Chargers system, Allen is the Bills system. There’s a difference.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They had a much worse line last year though. So should we have counted Herbet's stats higher last year? I see the argument about context but Dopey's point was it is an arguable opinion either way. It is not an egregious oversight even though I would go with Josh of the two. I think it is more egregious with Lamar. I don't see that one as even arguable.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Plus we had one game in a hurricane already, gross stats are just one part of the story

Herbert operates well within the Chargers system, Allen is the Bills system. There’s a difference.

Not sure I agree with that. I think Herbert is their system too. I'd still take Josh Allen. I don't think Herbert is yet where Josh is, but I don't think the Chargers are a system offense. They are a talent offense. I think they have more talent around him than Josh does (both protection and weapons) if that is what you were meaning though. 

Edited by GunnerBill

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They had a much worse line last year though. So should we have counted Herbet's stats higher last year? I see the argument about context but Dopey's point was it is an arguable opinion either way. It is not an egregious oversight even though I would go with Josh of the two. I think it is more egregious with Lamar. I don't see that one as even arguable.

Not sure I agree with that. I think Herbert is their system too. I'd still take Josh Allen. I don't think Herbert is yet where Josh is, but I don't think the Chargers are a system offense. They are a talent offense. I think they have more talent around him than Josh does (both protection and weapons) if that is what you were meaning though. 

I may be biased by a couple games where I saw the Chargers down late and Herbert was not comfortable taking the initiative. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe they should have counted Herbert's stats higher last year?  That's another discussion entirely. 

What I took exception to is the "Bills homer."  No, you don't have to be a Bills homer to have Josh not only as a Pro Bowler, but the starter over Herbert.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

But that is the problem though.  Allen was not able to make those game changing plays at the end of the game to win it.   If he had done them he would be the king right now.    I think the all time greats make those plays count;  Allen did it last season;  However, this season he has not delivered. 

*.  1st and goal -  He had four chances to punch it in against the titans 

* In the Red zone - He had his chance to score in the red zone against the Patriots and failed 

*. In the Red zone -  He had his chance to score the winning game against the Jaguars and he failed 

* Against Tampa - He had his chacne to go ahead with the winning TD and he couldn't.

I am not saying Allen failed on all the above plays (many were due to poor play by his team mates) but he needed to will himself to make that one play in each game and he did not.

BTW Allen is my favourite player and our lone superstar after such a long time...But he failed in critical times.

Its not all Allen there were plays in all those games were other players and coaching decisions that could have changed those games. Of course allen could have made some plays but thats the problem with this team is they are putting it all on Allen, everyone needs to step up and then Allen Will be able to make more plays.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Maybe they should have counted Herbert's stats higher last year?  That's another discussion entirely. 

What I took exception to is the "Bills homer."  No, you don't have to be a Bills homer to have Josh not only as a Pro Bowler, but the starter over Herbert.

That wasn't what Dopey said. He said you have to be a homer to believe it isn't at least a legitimate conversation. You can still say "I'd take Josh" but to say it is an egregious overlooking is homerism. The two have been pretty close this year.  

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That wasn't what Dopey said. He said you have to be a homer to believe it isn't at least a legitimate conversation. You can still say "I'd take Josh" but to say it is an egregious overlooking is homerism. The two have been pretty close this year.  

That’s exactly what he said. He argued that the only people who would say Herbert over Allen is a stretch would be ‘Bills homers’. And that’s just not true. There are a lot of impartials who (correctly) rate Allen above Herbert.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That’s exactly what he said. He argued that the only people who would say Herbert over Allen is a stretch would be ‘Bills homers’. And that’s just not true. There are a lot of impartials who (correctly) rate Allen above Herbert.

"Is a stretch" means is a stretch of reality. Basically is beyond argument. He didn't say anyone who would have Allen ahead this year is a homer. He said anyone who thinks you need to stretch reality to have Herbert ahead is a homer. You don't need to stretch reality to consider Herbert over Allen this year for a pro bowl berth. There is an arguable case either way. I am with those who'd have gone for Allen, but I can absolutely see why someone would go for Herbert. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Several other Bills players were named alternates for the all-star game:

1st alternate: QB Josh Allen, LB Tremaine Edmunds

2nd alternate: TE Dawson Knox, LB Tyler Matakevich

3rd alternate: S Jordan Poyer, LS Reid Ferguson

4th alternate: S Micah Hyde

5th alternate: C Mitch Morse, K Tyler Bass

The idea that a pro bowl still exists is a 5th alternate. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.