Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

4 hours ago, Process said:

Ridiculous question

I hear ya, Process.

it’s interesting though, as I type there are 30 people with a response of rooting for the Colts to lose or undecided. I know it’s not a huge amount of people but it’s why I started the thread. It was interesting to hear throughout the week the people who are either wondering if they should root for the Colts to lose or hope for the Colts to lose. I even get why they’re thinking through it or thinking that way. I heard enough to where I wanted to get a pulse of the forum fan base. That’s all.

I’m hoping the Colts win because I believe we can win out. I believe when we play the patriots again, if the weather isn’t extreme, that were the better team and will win.

Edited by BillsFan619

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Your second paragraph makes no sense.  Bills have been inconsistent, yes, it’s put up or shut up. I believe they will put up with the talent and competent coaching. Yes they’re competent, the almost 4 year history of this regime tells me so. Recent play is the anomaly, they’ll get it right and get hot into the playoffs. So root for the colts and the Bills for a big showdown I know the Bills can win…handily. 

Yep, I’m pulling for the colts, why wouldn’t you want a show down with NE   You get a chance to show them what’s up and we’re still here. So yes go colts then go bills 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

While I get it, it was interesting to hear on the forum this week how many fans are rooting for the Colts to lose. So, I thought I’d make a poll to get a pulse of the fan base.

I think some who are rooting for P*ts to win are just more vocal.

Also if you look at history some root for P*ts every time they have an excuse; I think they are kindled spirits.

23 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

If you’re rooting for the Patriots,  then move to Boston....Massachusetts...

If the Colts win and then the Bills lose to New England the Bills chances of making the playoffs go down substantially. The Colts win will knock the Bills out of one of the wildcard spots. Be careful what you ask for. 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Pats need to lose two games and we need to win out.  They're two games up on us.

We play them.  We beat them and win out, Pats only need to lose one other, Colts would do.  If we win out, we hold the tiebreaker.  Head-to-head is split.  We would have a 5-1 division record.  Pats would have lost to us once, and Miami week 1, making their division record, at best, 4-2.

• Like (+1) 1

Pats. I don't care about winning the division anymore. The #1 seed is all but impossible at this point. And I don't really care what seed we get if the #1 seed is out of contention. I don't think we really have a great home field advantage and the difference in quality between the #2 team and the #7 team will be next to nothing so I don't care who we face. So I'm rooting for whatever scenario makes it most likely that we get into the playoffs at all. In that context we want all of the teams with 6-8 wins to lose as many games as possible. I would actually like the Colts to fall out of the playoffs entirely because they are the one team I would be terrified to face in the playoffs.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Pats. I don't care about winning the division anymore. The #1 seed is all but impossible at this point. And I don't really care what seed we get if the #1 seed is out of contention. I don't think we really have a great home field advantage and the difference in quality between the #2 team and the #7 team will be next to nothing so I don't care who we face. So I'm rooting for whatever scenario makes it most likely that we get into the playoffs at all. In that context we want all of the teams with 6-8 wins to lose as many games as possible. I would actually like the Colts to fall out of the playoffs entirely because they are the one team I would be terrified to face in the playoffs.

This. Agree totally. 

27 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Yep, I’m pulling for the colts, why wouldn’t you want a show down with NE   You get a chance to show them what’s up and we’re still here. So yes go colts then go bills 

Are you really confident the Bills can go into a cold Foxboro Gillette Staduim and beat the Patriots? Sure the Bills can win but they certainly will be under dogs. I don't understand how we Bills fans can be confident going into the game. Hopeful yes...i have little confidence that our coaching staff can match the Patriots coaching staff. Allen needs to be Superman for the Bills to win. He certainly is capable of wearing the cape. We will see soon enough. First, let's take care of business vs Carolina. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is spot on. I couldn't convey this any better. 👍

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm rooting for the Colts cuz I too think the division is still very much in play.  But if the Colts lose, it could help us in wild card. A win win.

Go Colts !!

this is how I am voting and thinking. It makes sense and the advantage goes toward our Bills possibly either way 🙂 Not often that happens.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

a question: is weather the determining factor as to wether or not there is a true home field advantage in Orchard Park? When I read that I thought Whoa why would you state you dont think 1BD is a great home field. Just curious thanks.

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

If the Colts win and then the Bills lose to New England the Bills chances of making the playoffs go down substantially. The Colts win will knock the Bills out of one of the wildcard spots. Be careful what you ask for. 

Is that because it will make the Bills lose the tie-breaker with at least 1 of the other 3 teams with a 7-6 record? 

10 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

the division is still very much open

But what is the benefit of winning the division? Even if we win out we will be 11-6. For that to be the #1 seed we would need the Chiefs to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games AND the Titans to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games. That is not happening. So if you assume the #1 seed is off the table, what is the benefit of getting a higher seed?

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

a question: is weather the determining factor as to wether or not there is a true home field advantage in Orchard Park? When I read that I thought Whoa why would you state you dont think 1BD is a great home field. Just curious thanks

In general home field advantage has not mattered as much in the NFL this year. As of November 30 home teams were 78-101-1 against the spread this year. I don't look at any team the Bills could face in the playoffs and feel that playing in their stadium is a disadvantage for us. And we all know that this Bills team is simply not built to win inclement weather games. I would rather play a mid-January game in Nashville than Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.