Is this finally the year we make a big push for offense?

whorlnut

8 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I am hoping for something like this -

1 - DT (gotta take them early)

2 - G

3 - Speed WR

4 - G

5 - BPA

6 - BPA

7 - BPA

It's unlikely that a 2nd and 4th round guard will transform our OL from bad to good.    If this is how we draft, I hope free agency is more productive.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Let’s face it…McDs love affair with using high picks on defense has finally caught up with this offense. Here is what I wanna see:

1.  Sign a nasty vet guard in FA

2.  Use first round pick on a WR

3.  Use second rounder on a speedy RB

4.  Use a third rounder on another nasty guard

Is this finally the year McD sees the light and understands we have a dawg at qb and we need to give him the weapons to get the most out of his abilities?

Depends on how FA shakes out, but id like them to use FA money on linemen (offense and defense).  They don't project to have a ton of cap space, and i don't know who they can use to lower cap hits - but they're usually players in your long term plans so id say Diggs, Milano, Dawkins.  

Holes - Interior Oline, CB2, MLB (need a plan here), RB, WR depth, Pass rush.  

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's unlikely that a 2nd and 4th round guard will transform our OL from bad to good.    If this is how we draft, I hope free agency is more productive.  

I understand the draft is not the end all be all. I am looking for talented depth. I presume there will be FA moves as well, as in a new starting Guard.

10 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Give me that monster DT from GA that is said to be a late round 1 pick... Dude is a monster who takes on doubles and triples every play run or pass.  He isnt a Aaron Donald push the pocket DT, but he is a wall that they cant move backwards.  That would allow LBs to fly around and not have to dance by OL every play

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-davis/omihIICY6n

Listed a 6'6" and 340. That would be a mighty slab of beef to throw in the middle. 

57 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Let’s face it…McDs love affair with using high picks on defense has finally caught up with this offense. Here is what I wanna see:

1.  Sign a nasty vet guard in FA

2.  Use first round pick on a WR

3.  Use second rounder on a speedy RB

4.  Use a third rounder on another nasty guard

Is this finally the year McD sees the light and understands we have a dawg at qb and we need to give him the weapons to get the most out of his abilities?

No high picks on RB's...our RBs will be fine with better blocking. Even with trash blocking, Singletary is averaging over 5 YPC for his career and 4.9 YPC this year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The problems with the OL are blindingly obvious.   This offseason there won't be any misguided talk about continuity making the OL better.  We need better players and there's no question both McD and Beane understand this.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Well…I agree to an extent. I will believe it when I see it in regards to them using high picks on offense.  Yes they took Allen. Yes they used a first on Diggs. But historically, they try to patch together the offense while using premium picks on the defense. 

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Well…I agree to an extent. I will believe it when I see it in regards to them using high picks on offense.  Yes they took Allen. Yes they used a first on Diggs. But historically, they try to patch together the offense while using premium picks on the defense. 

Wrong approach as it has been shown all things being equal, offense is far more consistent year to year than defense is.  Bills should be focusing on building an offense that can score 30+ point every game in a variety of ways and not just by being one dimensional unless Allen runs the ball.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No high picks on RB's...our RBs will be fine with better blocking. Even with trash blocking, Singletary is averaging over 5 YPC for his career and 4.9 YPC this year.

This is a myth imo. They are slow and have horrendous vision. We need upgrades. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

This is a myth imo. They are slow and have horrendous vision. We need upgrades. 

I mean it's hard to have vision when you are looking at a DL in your face almost every play as soon as you get the ball.  Bills RBs likely have forced more missed/broken tackles behind the LOS than any other RBs in the NFL.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I would suspect Schreff to get a very big payday...but Bozeman (already want to nickname him Boss Man) and Williams would be magnificent. Draft a 2nd guard and please also grab a competent OT as a swing T or if Dawkins doesn't bounce back. 

I am fine with that too.  Then go into the Draft for the Other OG Competition with D Williams, Felciano, and Doyle.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

How do we go from AFC Championship last year, to this loser mentality?

It's unbelievable. You guys expect Super Bowl every single year? 

Beane* and McDermott* turned us from a team that didn't make the playoffs in 20+ years to a team that makes it consistently AND wins.

Good LORD where did all these depressed, ungrateful fans come from?

Agreed.

Ok maybe Beane did make wrong moves regarding OL, WR, TE, RB, whatever. But he didn't neglect anything, he tried to do what he found best and above all, I am pretty sure he is not acting like we don't have any issues.

Let's see how this season plays out (it is far from over imo), and then let's see how will they deal with it. I am pretty sure that if we don't make PO or are one and done they will make huge adjustments (something like firing Daboll, firing OL coach, overpaying some available guard at FA despite very limited cap space, drafting OL/WR high, getting rid of some unexpected players, etc.).

I really appreciate posts like yours. So many people going crazy these days.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll bet they go dumpster diving for interior Olineman, I don't believe they value the position of Guard very highly. I just hope they don't go looking for a couple Quarter Pounders with cheese and end up with a half eaten McDouble.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Agree 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'll bet they go dumpster diving for interior Olineman, I don't believe they value the position of Guard very highly. I just hope they don't go looking for a couple Quarter Pounders with cheese and end up with a have eaten McDouble.

My guess is that if they didn't value guard before, they do now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This is what I’d like to see happen in each round:

1) draft Trevor Penning at LT and move Dawkins inside to Guard

2) draft Breece Hall at RB (if he enters draft)

3) draft Travis Jones at DT from UCONN 

4) draft Markquese Bell at S from FAMU

5) draft Dohnovan West at C from Arizona St. Played multiple positions on line

6) draft Decobie Durant/Dejuan Warren at CB. HBCU standouts

7) draft Michael Turk, punter.

I’ve ran multiple mock simulations and was able to complete this draft on each one. Combine will make each player rise/fall but these are some talents I’d like to see as Buffalo Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

How do we go from AFC Championship last year, to this loser mentality?

It's unbelievable. You guys expect Super Bowl every single year? 

Beane* and McDermott* turned us from a team that didn't make the playoffs in 20+ years to a team that makes it consistently AND wins.

Good LORD where did all these depressed, ungrateful fans come from?

If you dont then what is the point?  Also Cool.  So we are the Marvin Lewis led Bengals

Edited by MAJBobby

30 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Give me that monster DT from GA that is said to be a late round 1 pick... Dude is a monster who takes on doubles and triples every play run or pass.  He isnt a Aaron Donald push the pocket DT, but he is a wall that they cant move backwards.  That would allow LBs to fly around and not have to dance by OL every play

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-davis/omihIICY6n

Drafting DL in first again would make people go nuts 😀

But I would be fine with him. Get me IOL in second, speedy WR in 3rd, take a shot on CB and TE in later rounds, sign the best guard you can in free agency, and get some cheap CB/TE vets on free market.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane -- contrary to what some of the negative nancies yelling the loudest right now might say -- is not an idiot. I'm not saying he's an infallible wizard, either, but he's certainly not an idiot.

That said, it's hard for me to imagine him seeing the way this season has played out, particularly with Josh now in a walking boot because he had to play Superman too often, and NOT seriously address the offense, ESPECIALLY the offensive line.

I don't think it's realistic to expect the defense to be completely ignored. We may need to add a cornerback and a 1T, at least. But for my money, the majority of draft picks and free agency dollars should certainly be spent on improving Josh's protection and weaponry, and I think and hope it will be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wouldn’t you like a home run hitter at RB? Someone who doesn’t have you on eggshells every time he carries the ball?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wouldn’t you like a home run hitter at RB? Someone who doesn’t have you on eggshells every time he carries the ball?

What about Rashard Penny? https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/14/pete-carroll-rashaad-penny-deserves-a-shot-to-show-he-can-be-a-starter/

He's going to be FA this offseason and clearly has talent (he was a first round pick). He has been a disappointment in Seattle, but maybe a change of scenery will get him going?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.