We built a team to beat KC ... and can't beat anyone else.

damj

54 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Yep, just go heavy OL run-package and you can push our Defense around all night, and we have no real run game.  We're an Arena team and when bad weather games are upon us we fold like a house of cards. It's embarrassing.

Best part is Bills coaching will change absolutely nothing.  "It's not me who is wrong, it's everyone else!"  Tampa's coaching staff can take the week off and still win by 30

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, damj said:

Brandon Beane has built a finesse team designed to beat Kansas City.

We're not built to handle physical teams that can run the ball.

The offense has little room for error and unfortunately we often shoot ourselves in the foot with bad play calling, penalties at the wrong time, drops, red zone inefficiency, etc...

No running game in the red zone is just clocking this team over and over and over again 

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This offseason I want to see the Bills get bigger, tougher, more physical on both sides of the ball. It's frustrating watching the Bills get dominated at the LOS. Until Beane can do this I don't see a Lombardi coming to Buffalo.U We have the QB and we are OK at the skill positions although they will need to get younger at WR soon and get an RB. OL and DL are the biggest priority without a doubt.

Lombardi?  I'd settle for a winning record this season, but i'm not betting on it.  Unless McBeane are told by someone to change their ways, they wont.  I'm telling you, it'll be a couple tweener DL, a project OL, maybe a RB in round 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

The way the Pats are constructed will only work for them in some games.  I know that they have a 7-game win streak going - but I don't think they're built to go on a playoff run.

KC will likely STILL be the team to beat next month.  It's easy to fault the team construction after last night - but let's see how it plays out from here.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In fairness, that was the only team we couldn’t beat last year.  The NFL aid going through another shift where teams play more Cover 2 and have a power run game. 

The same thing happened after the Rams greatest show on turf.  This is a trend league 

I agree with this 💯 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

The way the Pats are constructed will only work for them in some games.  I know that they have a 7-game win streak going - but I don't think they're built to go on a playoff run.

KC will likely STILL be the team to beat next month.  It's easy to fault the team construction after last night - but let's see how it plays out from here.

Their Defense, Special Teams, and running game are all built for just about anything or anyone.  Their only weakness is or at least suspect weakness is the passing game. They haven't had to rely on it yet, so we don't really know.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with this 💯 

I know its a trend league, but Hoodie has been doing the same thing for 35 years.  

2 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Their Defense, Special Teams, and running game are all built for just about anything or anyone.  Their only weakness is or at least suspect weakness is the passing game. They haven't had to rely on it yet, so we don't really know.  

I know its a trend league, but Hoodie has been doing the same thing for 35 years.  

which high powered passing attacks have been dominating the league this year?  Not one…..except maybe the GOAT.  But he has a monster OL and very good backs to lean on

Edited by NewEra

5 minutes ago, Success said:

The Pats are constructed to be flexible. They don't have an incredibly dynamic passing offense, but it's good enough and there are plenty of games where Jones has thrown a lot. They took Tampa and Dallas down to the wire where one play would have flipped the outcome.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, OJ's Glove said:

The Pats are constructed to be flexible. They don't have an incredibly dynamic passing offense, but it's good enough and there are plenty of games where Jones has thrown a lot. They took Tampa and Dallas down to the wire where one play would have flipped the outcome.

Yep.  Bill has built a team that can win in a variety of ways.  They aren’t great at any one thing, but they can adapt to take advantage of just about any weakness a team has.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, damj said:

The offense has little room for error and unfortunately we often shoot ourselves in the foot with bad play calling, penalties at the wrong time, drops, red zone inefficiency, etc...

We would lose to KC right now. 

1 hour ago, Fallser said:

Yep, just go heavy OL run-package and you can push our Defense around all night, and we have no real run game.  We're an Arena team and when bad weather games are upon us we fold like a house of cards. It's embarrassing.

Yes we got pushed around on defense last nite.  Although I thought Milano and Dodson made some plays, as did Harrison Phillips.  (Vernon Butler did not dress again.  Waste of money keeping him.  Should have been let go after last years disappearance)  Haven't heard anyone talk about Tremaine Edmunds.  He was dreadful last nite.  He is NOT built to play MLB in the NFL.  The guy is thin,  He is 6'5 and has no bulk.  He can not take on O lineman and has no leverage due to his height to knock back thick RB's.  Its a matter of physics.  And on top of that he overruns many plays.  No instincts.  He totally overran Damien Harris on his long TD run.  Signing Tremaine Edmunds to a large extension will not make us a better team.  I actually think that Dodson and Klein have a better understanding of how to play the position then Edmunds.  But this organization is too pig headed to admit their mistakes and cut bait sooner then later.  Not sure why the team loves so many tall lanky players.  Epenesa Rousseau Edmunds.  Football is physical.  Bring me some guys who are thick and win the line of scrimmage.  

I would also let Singletary and Moss go.  Neither has power burst or vision.  The difference between those two and the way Stevenson ran for the Pats was nite and day.  Sure the O line is lousy, (and needs a major retool.) but dam we have the worst group of RB's talent wise in the NFL.  And the O line is close to that level as well.  Shame on Beane and McDermott for putting this trash on the field w a top 5 QB.  Wow we have fallen off dramatically this year.  With a tougher schedule we seriously could be 4-8 right now.  

1 hour ago, damj said:

I've said for some time that the KC game was the Bills SB similar to what happened with the 2018 Jaguars after falling short of the SB against the Patriots the previous year in the AFCCG. That team got off to a hot start in 2018 and throttled the Patriots early in the season and then completely fell apart the rest of the way.

And while the Bills haven't quite imploded on that level in terms of losing something like 6 games in a row like that 2018 Jags team did, they have proven that they put all their eggs in one singular basket to prove a point  but are not a mentally or physically strong team to sustain that momentum over the rest of the season.

At the end of the day though this HC's defensive scheme has always been an issue going back to 2017 when opposing teams have routinely had these type of games against the Bills defense on the ground. And nothing is going to change until we have a new coaching staff or at the very least a completely different DC and scheme implemented which also means big time changes in personnel as well.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

which high powered passing attacks have been dominating the league this year?  Not one…..except maybe the GOAT.  But he has a monster OL and very good backs to lean on

No teams have been dominant this year, kind of an odd season in that regard.   There's still plenty of potent passing teams though, couple QB's on pace for 5k yards and/or 40+ TDs.  

41 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We would lose to KC right now. 

Yes we would and very badly like last year.

That's why in hindsight it's going to be pretty sad come January when the Chiefs at minimum are in the playoffs again likely as the AFCW winner and the bills are either sitting home or one and done if they back into the playoffs.

Long story short nobody is going to care or remember that game just like 2018 Jaguars throttling the Patriots that year after 'avenging' their AFCCG loss the prior year.

The things that worked last year have been taken away by opposing defenses.  Even by teams like Jax. 

Allen is one of 6ge few bright spits.  He becoming much more patient which is good, but he needs help.  Better blockers, especially in the interior will help everything else be better.  Then add quality RB’s that have speed and power.   Finally, add a massive blocking TE.  We do not have a heavy package.  (That’s what she said). 

Buffalo is Buffalo.  Half the home games are in bad weather.  Historically, the teams that have won in Buffalo have strong OLs, power at running back, and blocking TEs.  Even dome teams need this, it’s part of football.   

McD is basically say8ng he is not happy with the make up (mindset) of this team.  I expect a lot of turnover this off season. 

18 minutes ago, P Riv said:

No teams have been dominant this year, kind of an odd season in that regard.   There's still plenty of potent passing teams though, couple QB's on pace for 5k yards and/or 40+ TDs.  

None have been dominant all year, but if the season is a horse race you can see a few teams who got off to a slow start that have begun to make their charge.  We’ll see what happens when teams go to the whip in the final quarter of the season, but it sure looks like there will be some familiar faces looking to pull away at the end.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

New England is limited in what they can do.  There are many teams in this league who can pull away and leave them for dead, and NE won't be able to respond.

Hell, we could have and should have done that last night, but our entire game plan was horrific and Josh didn't have a solid game, in part b/c the OL was lousy yet again and NE has a decent DL.

All we had to do was get a TD or 2 earlier and make BB come out of his turtle shell...and they would have struggled to do that.

NE isn't going anywhere this year.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Best part is Bills coaching will change absolutely nothing.  "It's not me who is wrong, it's everyone else!"  Tampa's coaching staff can take the week off and still win by 30

funny but sad, more than any other coaching staff that gets celebrated, the bills staff really don't adapt, it's a my way or the high way approach.

after this loss, i was thinking of who this team reminds me of.  this team reminds me of the ATL team of about 5 years ago.  they had a great record, and a massive lead in the super bowl, but their inability (and really, it came down to not being willing to) run the ball a little bit and kill some clock lost them the worst come back in super bowl history.  top flight qb, skill position talent (they beat us all to hell w the rbs tho) and speed on d, but not big and strong.  to me that's our ceiling at the moment, and those coaches had a rigid our plan is the best plan approach, and our guys do that to a fault.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.