Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Can someone find out why we never sent hurry up when we had the wind? No urgency to maximizing both our plays with the wind and ne plays against it. Instead we play into their hands and run the clock down. It’s the stubborn I will beat them at their game instead of win with my game. 

Even the broadcast team stated the Bills should go to a hurry up. I was very disappointed in the Bills game plan. Offensively they didn't seem to do anything different. They seemed predictable. I know the weather played a factor.

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought Allen played well under the conditions and vs a very good defense. I am a bit disappointed he wasn't able to bring it home and finish off the game with a td. I couldn't help but think a franchise QB gets into the end zone someway somehow. He had not one but 2 chances to do it. Granted he was excellent and the main reason why the Bills had their chances. Just a really disappointed game. Right now, I'm in no mood to stop the blame game. This team needs to make some changes. 

I'm disappointed that no one else on the offense stepped up to make a play when we were in the red zone.  From a RB that didn't bump the run to the outside for a TD to a TE that should have out muscled the smaller DB and caught what was a fantastic throw by Allen, after he escaped a sack, for a TD. EVERY week I watch a lot of NFL games where RB's bounce that play outside to the end zone and where TE's win the ball in the end zone and score.

And I haven't even mentioned that spectacular 50 yard throw in brutal wind conditions that went right through Diggs hands in the end zone.  Our Franchise QB played like a franchise QB tonight.  The issue was that no one else played at the top of their game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

How is that the OC’s problem. He has a system, has no control over player personnel. They didn’t hire him for a power running scheme. They didn’t draft players for a power running scheme. They don’t have an OL for a power running scheme. They run a zone blocking scheme.

How is that Daboll’s fault?

Simply put, if the OC wants to commit to building a decent ground game and practices enough at it the players will get better at doing just that. 

Look at the amount of runs by the Bills RBs each game.

Colts game 11 carries total between three backs, 5, 3, 3. Jags game RB carries 6, 3. which is typical for the Balls OC to call for Buffalo RB's all season. 11 carries a game, 9 carries total in a game by the Bills RBs. 

For an example, the Colts give Taylor 32 touches, 21 touches in another, against Buffalo 32 touches again. 

In order to run the ball effectively the Buffalo RB's need to have more than a few touches per game. Singletary is averaging 4.7 YPC AVG which isn't all that bad considering he doesn't get that many touches a game. Breida is at 5.2.

This game the New England Patriots ran the ball 46 times against Buffalo vs 19 for Bills RB's.

Half the time the Bills don't even attempt to try and run the ball other than using it as a distraction...perhaps for play action purposes. It is the OC!! 

McD even stated after the Colts game that the team relied on the QB to much to carry the game and the team needed to run more...which it hasn't done. Change is coming! 

19 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I wonder if this FO would even consider doing what the Colts did in drafting an OG #6 overall in Quinten Nelson? Or even drafting an OG with that first round pick at all? 

Well, sometimes there are some really good O line players that bad teams consider expendable because of their salary. The Bills did good with center Mitch Morse. Now they just need to find some decent OGs and perhaps even a new LT.

I'd argue that morse is part of rhe problem and not the solution.

I'm not blaming him he's played well. But he's a finesse player.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm disappointed that no one else on the offense stepped up to make a play when we were in the red zone.  From a RB that didn't bump the run to the outside for a TD to a TE that should have out muscled the smaller DB and caught what was a fantastic throw by Allen, after he escaped a sack, for a TD. EVERY week I watch a lot of NFL games where RB's bounce that play outside to the end zone and where TE's win the ball in the end zone and score.

And I haven't even mentioned that spectacular 50 yard throw in brutal wind conditions that went right through Diggs hands in the end zone.  Our Franchise QB played like a franchise QB tonight.  The issue was that no one else played at the top of their game.

That's fair. The loss isn't on Allen as much as others. In live time, I was envisioning Allen just bullying his way into the end zone or rolling out and making a great pass. 

17 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Beane has to take an OG or RB high surely. He's done the later round RBs and they haven't worked out. 

Looking back, I now think that the rumors of Buffalo taking RB Najee Harries might have been true. Granted he is averaging only 3.6 YPC behind that crappy Steelers line. But that guy is a beast and would really would have been an upgrade in Buffalo. 

At the end of the day, Beane is gonna have to go. Sure, fans will first blame the OC(who rarely deserves the blame), then after he’s fired, fans will want McD’s head a year later.

McD very well could be to blame for the terrible team building with the multiple whiffs on defensive picks but Beane approved it, and I feel he’s got to go at the end of the season. 

I don’t trust him to draft good running backs or linemen. Do you?

We’ll start to hear rumblings of a disgruntled Josh in the off-season and something’s got to give. 

We’ve all seen this play out before.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

McD is getting killed  for that Belichick remark, Fairburn got his payback with that out of context quote and everyone's running wild with it.

Pathetic, McD gets hot after some of these Ls, I do too, but you have to take one from Bill's book:

"we have to do a better job in all three phases.  we were beat.  we have to do a better job in all three phases. we have to play better if we want to win."

Just repeat this crap over and over, don't give the vultures anything to write about.

Edited by bouds

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Looking back, I now think that the rumors of Buffalo taking RB Najee Harries might have been true. Granted he is averaging only 3.6 YPC behind that crappy Steelers line. But that guy is a beast and would really would have been an upgrade in Buffalo. 

Look at it this way - on first and goal from the 6 you hand it off to Harris and now it's second and goal from the 2 or 3.  Now you can take full advantage of Allen's run ability.

Or how about all those 2nd & 3's that turn into 3rd and 2's after Moss or Singleterry gain a yard.

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I'd argue that morse is part of rhe problem and not the solution.

I'm not blaming him he's played well. But he's a finesse player.

He did get owned pretty badly at times in this NE game and the guy does have a sitting on the edge with concussions problem.

Although, most of the time he is the lone bright spot on that O line this season. 

Also, I still think Buffalo should have drafted Creed Humphrey over Boogie at that #2 spot.

• Like (+1) 1

Throw the damn ball.

They drafted Allen for games like this. They have videos proclaiming it.

Let him throw the damn ball. 

Throw it to Diggs on 4th down. The ball sailed out of bounds on the right on 1st down yet they kept Diggs in the same spot all the way through 4th down. 

He was open over the middle on 3rd down if Allen could have gotten rid of the ball on time.  

You drafted him to throw the ball. Let him throw the damn ball. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

At the end of the day, Beane is gonna have to go. Sure, fans will first blame the OC(who rarely deserves the blame), then after he’s fired, fans will want McD’s head a year later.

McD very well could be to blame for the terrible team building with the multiple whiffs on defensive picks but Beane approved it, and I feel he’s got to go at the end of the season. 

I don’t trust him to draft good running backs or linemen. Do you?

We’ll start to hear rumblings of a disgruntled Josh in the off-season and something’s got to give. 

We’ve all seen this play out before.

I can tell you this... barking up the wrong tree here. This isn't on Beane in the least.

The Buffalo Bills just lost to the team that leads the AFC in the 8-4 NE Patriots. A team that fields the #1 defense in points allowed and has a run first offense, game manager at QB.

Perfect for the conditions in Buffalo tonight. 

Previous to this game the 2021 Buffalo Bills were on offense, the #2 in points scored, #4 in yards. 

On defense #2 in points allowed, #1 in yards allowed. 

Pats QB Mac Jones 2 of 3 for 19 yards...

The Bills were out coached this game... they were also out coached by the LOWLY Jags, 6-10.

C'mon, ONLY 6 points scored against the Jacksonville Jaguars...and you have a problem with the GM??

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.