Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Allen once again wad asked to do it all.  I think they could have ran him more, especially in the red zone. On a few occasions Allen could not see open receivers because the was scrambling for his life.  I wish Allen would not look for Knox so much.  Beasley and Davis are far more reliable. 

In the modern NFL and considering how defenses play Allen, asking him not to look for the TE is a non-starter.  I know you were being sarcastic here but the TE plays such an important role in offenses today that when Knox has the dropsies the Bills effectively do not have an NFL caliber TE on the field as Sweeney has also underwhelmed. 

It's extremely hard to score TD's in the red zone when you effectively don't have NFL caliber RB's or TE's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There is no excuse for Bills fans not to understand this.  It was an extreme wind game.  If you get first downs and run clock going into the wind it's almost as good as scoring. 

Not when you have a qb that can throw rockets into the wind clearly lol no excuse? Come on now that’s a bit hyperbolic 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Controls the clock and keeps the opposing QB off the field. See the 1990 Buffalo Bills in the SB.

Yes.  Everyone on this board over 32 remembers where they saw this before.  

It wasn’t Belichick who stopped us in that game, by the way.  We still scored a point a minute.  We just only had the ball for 20 minutes. 

What killed us in that game was the inability to get off the ***** field on defense.  

40 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

That’s what I took away from the game. Defense gave up a long TD in the 1st quart and 6 points the rest of the play. Pats only made it to the redzone 2x on 10 possessions and never had a 1st and goal. Our offense came away with 10 points on 4 redzone possessions……that’s the bigger story.

Completely agree

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Daboll waited too long to let Josh loose air and land like last year. That’s the storyline. 1H we played like a heavy run team. Ah…We ain’t. 

D played “okay” and better after they figured the block scheme. 

Agreed…not sure if the wind died down a bit or they started trusting him more as the game went on 

9 minutes ago, BRH said:

Yes, but they ran it effectively throughout the third quarter.  Not to score points but to keep us off the field with the wind at our backs.  And it worked. 

The Bills seemed to move the ball better while going against the wind until they got inside of the red zone. In fact, I bet we had more total yards in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Dawson Knox can play like he did tonight and yet I have a strange feeling that there will be a long line of adoring fans at his autograph signing at Dave & Adam's on Friday.

Is his hand still broken? I feel like he gets a little more benefit of the doubt if he’s playing with an injury like that

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yes, the only one with the balls to ask real questions.

I mean, what real question did he ask?

The Bills not being able to stop the run cost them in the Indy game. No doubt about that.

Tonight? Not really. Sure, they gave up over 200 yards but they only gave up 14 points.

The Bills offense being unable to capitalize on numerous chances deep in Patriots territory was the story last night.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills seemed to move the ball better while going against the wind until they got inside of the red zone. In fact, I bet we had more total yards in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

I do not believe it was Belichick’s strategy to give us the ball going with the wind. 

Edited by BRH

1 minute ago, Beast said:

A lot of that had to do with Knox dropping two passes in Pats territory when we had the wind in the 1st quarter killing both drives,  And then on FIRST DOWN, Brieda loses a fumble without even being hit at the Pats 29 yard line.  

And in the 3rd quarter the defense struggled to get NE off the field and let the Pats burn up a lot of our wind time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.