Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  On that 2nd to last drive with a first and goal at the 6, running Allen three straight times might have been a good idea. Or at least employ run/pass options. It looked like they went to straight drop back passes.

Yeah, that would’ve worked splendidly since it was clear that Bill designed the whole game plan around not letting Josh run the entire game.

2 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Belichick just dared the Bills to win the game but they didn't have it in them to do it. Patriots played not to lose, Bills played not to win.

Despite looking poor at times the Bills defense only gave up 1 TD.  It was the offense that lost them the game.  Allen didn't play bad but he also didn't do quite enough to win it and he did have a couple chances on those 2 drives. I seem to notice that when the Bills take a timeout on a big play, it seems to take away their momentum and they go out and make a poor play.  Don't give the defense a chance to regroup.  The Bills running backs are so weak its pathetic.  Not the the line is giving them any lanes to run thru but these guys get taken down by simple arm tackles. The Bills simply cannot beat physical teams that run the ball.  Indy, Jax, NE, etc.

You cannot put any blame on allen...he had a perfect 45 yard bomb on the money to diggs for a td and he had lasers to knox that were dropped..sure he misssed passes but he def did enough to beat the pats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Governor said:

You’re pretty far gone dude.

The reason we lost the game is because the Pats lined up and ran the ball 65 times at 7-10 yards a clip because we don’t have a LB.

Our Defense let up one big TD and other than that they did fine. Our offense got he ball in the red zone on the last two drives and on the second drive and got NOTHING. They called plays that got Allen sacked instead of giving them a chance to convert a 4th down. Hence why we had to kick a field goal everyone knew we'd miss on the second to last drive. I am not far gone. The offense was the issue today; and the offenses biggest issue was the play calling was piss poor. As it has been all year. If you dont see it, thats a problem. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

You’re pretty far gone dude.

The reason we lost the game is because the Pats lined up and ran the ball 65 times at 7-10 yards a clip because we don’t have a LB.

I don’t think he is…it’s certainly both things as a contributing factor but we kept them out of the end zone most of the night. Obviously we probably win if we don’t choke on that long td run but the offense choked numerous times. The pats weren’t even flipping the field really I feel like they had some punting issues… they had very little to show for their 200 plus rushing yards it’s just a really tough way to sustain drives.

• Like (+1) 1

Worst players of the game:

1. Matt “fumbled any chance away from being #1RB” Breida.

2. Trumaine “0-36 on reads” Edmunds

3. Dawson “oh no I suck again” Knox

These 3 are a huge reason why we lost to include poor coaching from Daboll and bad time management from McD.

One simple explanation for tonight is that our Oline is really bad. Other issues, wasting timeouts, not trying our passing game earlier, missed FG even in the wind shouldn't have happened, nothing creative offensively, poor linebacker play, threw away great field position twice in the first qtr. Poor coaching all around.

Just now, Weatherman said:

Worst players of the game:

1. Matt “fumbled any chance away from being #1RB” Breida.

2. Trumaine “0-36 on reads” Edmunds

3. Dawson “oh no I suck again” Knox

These 3 are a huge reason why we lost to include poor coaching from Daboll and bad time management from McD.

Don’t forget the complete inability to run block.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think he is…it’s certainly both things as a contributing factor but we kept them out of the end zone most of the night. Obviously we probably win if we don’t choke on that long td run but the offense choked numerous times. The pats weren’t even flipping the field really I feel like they had some punting issues… they had very little to show for their 200 plus rushing yards it’s just a really tough way to sustain drives.

Thank you! I didnt think so either. 

2 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Our Defense let up one big TD and other than that they did fine. Our offense got he ball in the red zone on the last two drives and on the second drive and got NOTHING. They called plays that got Allen sacked instead of giving them a chance to convert a 4th down. Hence why we had to kick a field goal everyone knew we'd miss on the second to last drive. I am not far gone. The offense was the issue today; and the offenses biggest issue was the play calling was piss poor. As it has been all year. If you dont see it, thats a problem. 

Allen did a nice job evading the pass rush and slipped when he had a wide open receiver in the end zone too lol I forgot about that one for my list of potential offensive plays we could’ve made. Pats certainly deserved the win and they’re the team to beat now but they dodged a ton of bullets all night 

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Allen is a freaking warrior. Diggs is clutch, even though he missed that TD. He normally makes crazy catches.

But we need more guys on offense who can step up.

Sometimes your guards and center have to make plays (blocks) at key moments.

Ya, the offense sucks. Beas sucks. Knox is still young and plays small, no quality RB’s, not big physical receiver like Mike Williams on the Chargers.

The team was built wrong and that falls on Beane.

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Stop lying. Left up to you would have gotten Golliday instead of Diggs. Only thing you mentioned about Jefferson was he should be consideration for the Bills with the 1st round pick since he ran a good 40 time.

?  
Golliday wasn’t available I don’t think when they traded for Diggs. And yes I thought keeping the picks and drafting Jefferson was the better long term move. Diggs was really good last year. He’s been mediocre this year. Would liked to have had the extra picks. But maybe would not have made a difference with Beane’s drafting prowess. 

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

That’s what I took away from the game. Defense gave up a long TD in the 1st quart and 6 points the rest of the play. Pats only made it to the redzone 2x on 10 possessions and never had a 1st and goal. Our offense came away with 10 points on 4 redzone possessions……that’s the bigger story.

The Bills have had Red Zone issues all year. I don't know if it's bad play calling, the personnel or what, but they have sucked at scoring TDs in the Red Zone. It was the biggest factor in the loss today. It will likely be what keeps them from the playoffs.

Just now, Governor said:

Ya, the offense sucks. Beas sucks. Knox is still young and plays small, no quality RB’s, not big physical receiver like Mike Williams on the Chargers.

The team was built wrong and that falls on Beane.

I’d let it play out…not like we have a choice lol but if we keep losing games this way at the end of the season that could definitely be true. Steelers game and this game felt pretty unlucky to me on the offensive side but maybe the drops are a trend that were doomed.

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

The Bills have had Red Zone issues all year. I don't know if it's bad play calling, the personnel or what, but they have sucked at scoring TDs in the Red Zone. It was the biggest factor in the loss today. It will likely be what keeps them from the playoffs.

Yea wind definitely exacerbated it at the end of this game I think…josh hits that back shoulder to diggs 9 times out of 10. I’m with everybody that’s saying why even run the ball  in the red zone at this point though for sure lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.