Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

24 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I know some of our more brain dead posters are going to call me a warmonger or whatever, but hear me out.

If Putin's current strategy works, and Russia keeps the ability to execute it after he dies...

What incentive does the next Russian leader have to stop using it? 

Has the Russian army advanced past the disputed region?  

What's the strategy?  

We are probably working on another Alexie Navalny and western funded media site 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

17 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I know some of our more brain dead posters are going to call me a warmonger or whatever, but hear me out.

If Putin's current strategy works, and Russia keeps the ability to execute it after he dies...

His current strategy is working. Ukraine is at best just holding to a stalemate. They just lost a city and retreated. Hell Russia might not even want a peace agreement with how it’s going. 

36 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Is this the "Putin/Russia is going to start invading NATO countries" again? :rolleyes:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nice propaganda piece. 

F-16s firing 350-pound AIM-120s still are at a range disadvantage compared to MiG-31s firing R-37Ms.  

And Russia is using mig 31s all over Ukraine. 

Those voices  said the same about cluster munitions, tanks, and what not.  

Almost like a military industrial commercial. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

except they have nukes. What happens if they fire the nukes? You’re talking about the end of the world 

Giving the Ukraine F-16’s raises that spectre, since they can carry nukes.

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Here’s a good analysis of how the F-16 could change the environment in Ukraine:

The air war over Ukraine

We thought taking the super yachts would do it too lol. What happened to those things by the way? Wonder how much we’re paying to keep those babies docked up and maintained? And the private jets?

The F-16 is not a game changer.

It gives them more ability with older AMRAAM missiles and HARM.

The problem is that the efficacy of air warfare depends on integrated deployment of a number of things.

Jamming and other electronic warfare components are an integral part, and they don't have it.

Russian anti air defenses are significant and capable.

The F-16 would not do well against them, so must be kept out of range or low enough to avoid detection.

That would limit effectiveness.

It would limit Russian air offensive capabilities, but that isn't what they are doing.

They are doing what Russians always do, which is ground stuff.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

We thought taking the super yachts would do it too lol. What happened to those things by the way? Wonder how much we’re paying to keep those babies docked up and maintained? And the private jets?

Who thought taking the super yachts would end the war? 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Lots of people. They thought it would turn the oligarchs against him and he’d back down.

I mean, there was a hope that it would cause friction with the oligarchs but there isn’t a “one weird trick” to end the war.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

His current strategy is working. Ukraine is at best just holding to a stalemate. They just lost a city and retreated. Hell Russia might not even want a peace agreement with how it’s going. 

Right. So let's say Ukraine loses, and Russia swallows them up, but Putin dies.

What incentives are their for his successor to aside Putin's toolkit, if it turns out it works? 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Is this the "Putin/Russia is going to start invading NATO countries" again? :rolleyes:

Nope! 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

42 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

What incentives are their for his successor to aside Putin's toolkit, if it turns out it works? 

Nope! 

Where are they going after Ukraine?

53 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Growing BRICS? 

Probably Moldova. They already have their little green men there in Transnistria. 

Also, if Ukraine falls because the West fails to support it, that gives the green light to China, Iran, and even North Korea. 

17 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Nope! 

none.but that’s not what I said. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Probably Moldova. They already have their little green men there in Transnistria. 

Also, if Ukraine falls because the West fails to support it, that gives the green light to China, Iran, and even North Korea. 

So the fate of the world and human civilizations is dependent on the outcome of the conflict in Ukraine?  A place on Earth no American cared about until a few years ago.  Thst's one possibility but I could generate lots of other potential outcomes most of which are more plausible.

I recall previous experts issuing similiiar dire warnings in the Vietnam era. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So the fate of the world and human civilizations is dependent on the outcome of the conflict in Ukraine?  A place on Earth no American cared about until a few years ago.  Thst's one possibility but I could generate lots of other potential outcomes most of which are more plausible.

I recall previous experts issuing similiiar dire warnings in the Vietnam era. 

Vietnam isn't bordering European NATO nations.  interesting that the right was pro vietnam war and the left anti vietnam on the population level.  For Ukraine, it's flipped.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1