Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Gonzalo Lira, journalist critic of Ukraine, being arrested/disappeared by Ukrainian military is yet another fantastic example of why we’re simply funding a proxy war against Russia .. this isn’t preservation of democracy … the country is simply a lesser evil of corruption and authoritarianism. 

The "drone strike" is a false  flag effort. Saw a video of the "attack" and there were two people walking up the stairs on one of the domes on the 

kremlin at 2:30 AM. WTH were they doing there at that time?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Yeah.

The theory I saw, that seems the most reasonable, goes like this.

Russia knows they're going to get hit by some kind of Ukrainian counter-attack, and it's going to be big and well equipped. Russia also knows its most effective arm is its Artillery.  So the Russian Ministry of Defense is stockpiling artillery ammunition so they can give Ukraine the warmest possible reception.

However, Wagner Group is only concerned about taking Bakhmut, and to do so they need huge amounts of artillery support. Prigozhin, who owns Wagner, is in a political pissing match with the Russian MoD, and he'd love to take Bahkmut in order to humiliate Sergei Shoigu and Valerii Gerasimov.  Shoigu and Gerasimov control the arty ammo supply though, and are happy to tell Wagner to kick rocks, or continue their attacks without artillery. Which results in literal piles of dead Wagner mercenaries.

Prigozhin is a-ok with hurling the dregs of Russia's penal colonies into Ukrainian defenses, but only if he enhances his prestige, and gains him influence with Tsar Vladimir that he can use against the MoD. So he's happy to send Wagner back to Syria and Central Africa and let the Russian army twist unless he gets his artillery ammunition.  Which the Russian Army won't do, because they need that ammunition to try and blow up Ukrainian Offensive Guards brigades and Leopard 2 tanks, not polish their rival's resume. 

Russia is an interesting place. 

Seems plausible.  There doesn't seem to be a good explanation that paints Russia in a good light.  They're a mess and the Wagner guy calling out Putin would normally seem like an immediate death sentence or at least arrest.  We'll see...

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Gonzalo Lira, journalist critic of Ukraine, being arrested/disappeared by Ukrainian military is yet another fantastic example of why we’re simply funding a proxy war against Russia .. this isn’t preservation of democracy … the country is simply a lesser evil of corruption and authoritarianism. 

Please.  It’s not perfect.  But it’s not letting Russia run amok.  And for a MAGA to complain about corruption … spare me.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Please.  It’s not perfect.  But it’s not letting Russia run amok.  And for a MAGA to complain about corruption … spare me.  

It’s so tiresome to see y’all label anyone that disagrees with you as MAGA… but please, we must save Ukraine above all else!  

Thank goodness support for this proxy war is slipping, and there’s not much neolibs and neocons can do about it. 

In the meantime, at least Kiev knows how to party during this war.  The girl to guy ratio is amazing .. oh, wait…

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Somebody shot down a Kinzhal hypersonic missile supposedly. The Ukrainian Airforce is pissed because somebody blabbered that they can shoot down Kinzhals. And because they went further and said they did it with a PAC-3 patriot missile. 

Could all be nonsense. Could be true. Very interesting if it's true. 

14 hours ago, Chris farley said:

It's on.

OMG, the comments on this piece....tucker lickers everywhere.  and then they say liberals have a mental disease.  I'm now concerned that Blackrock has placed DNA in the eggs I will soon consume and that it will intercalate with my native DNA and start turning me into an alien.  What must I do?  What must I do?  OK, no eggs this morning

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

The leader of the Wagner mercenary group issued a blistering statement denouncing Russia’s defense leaders for “treason” and “destruction” on Tuesday — a particularly vociferous denunciation that came as Russian President Vladimir Putin praised the nation’s military strength amid a pared-down Victory Day celebration.

The holiday, among Russia’s most important, celebrates the Soviet victory over Nazi German in the Second World War — a fight Putin has often invoked to justify Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Yevgeniy Prigozhin, the Wagner head, claimed that his troops had “no ammunition” and that Russian troops were fleeing their positions in Ukraine. Blaming “those who give them orders and who set the tasks,” he said that “the fish rots from the head.” He declared that it was no time to celebrate: “Victory Day is the victory of our grandfathers. We don’t deserve this victory one millimeter.”

The Biden administration on Tuesday announced a $1.2 billion aid package aimed at bolstering Ukraine’s air defenses and sustaining its ammunition supply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/09/russia-ukraine-war-news-victory-day/

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This POS said infrastructure was 2 weeks away for four years and never delivered on TrumpCare - and he is going to end the war in 24 hours?

giphy.gif

I bet this fool is storing this plan is in the same place as Nixon's unpublished plan to end the war in Vietnam.  It's hard to believe that people buy what this blowhard is selling, but they do.  Lots of people are saying that Trump's followers are morons.  

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I bet this fool is storing this plan is in the same place as Nixon's unpublished plan to end the war in Vietnam.  It's hard to believe that people buy what this blowhard is selling, but they do.  Lots of people are saying that Trump's followers are morons.  

Trump supporters would jump over Niagara Falls if he told them to do so...

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

This POS said infrastructure was 2 weeks away for four years and never delivered on TrumpCare - and he is going to end the war in 24 hours?

giphy.gif

I can't wait to find out how nobody knew how complicated negotiating peace talks would be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well if the Russian forces around Bakhmut are in as much disarray then I bet Ukraine is attacking  

Ukraine needs more time before launching its long-anticipated spring counteroffensive against Russian forces, President Volodymyr Zelensky said. Speaking to the BBC and European public broadcasters, Zelensky said that while the effort could proceed now “and be successful,” it would incur an “unacceptable” level of loss.

But the founder of Russia’s mercenary Wagner Group, Yevgeniy Prigozhin, claimed Thursday that Ukraine’s counterattack in the besieged front-line city of Bakhmut is “in full swing.” Ukrainian forces are attempting to attack his fighters’ flanks, he said on Telegram, adding: “Unfortunately, in some places they are successful.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/11/russia-ukraine-war-news/