Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

The International Committee of the Red Cross appeared Wednesday to give up — at least for now — its attempt to evacuate civilians directly from the besieged southern port city of Mariupol, saying conditions there have proved “impossible.”

The ICRC team struggled over five days to reach Mariupol, after Russia called a humanitarian cease-fire last week. The aid agency’s staff came within 12 miles of the city, it said in a statement, “but security conditions on the ground made it impossible to enter.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/06/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/

Health care and access to it are a key dividing line between the good and the bad people. The bad people do all they can to stop, impede or destroy greater access to health care. On the extreme right is Putin bombing hospitals but those GOP governor blocking their own citizens from greater access to Obamacare just represent the degree they can get away with in stopping health care from fully operating 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/06/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/

Health care and access to it are a key dividing line between the good and the bad people. The bad people do all they can to stop, impede or destroy greater access to health care. On the extreme right is Putin bombing hospitals but those GOP governor blocking their own citizens from greater access to Obamacare just represent the degree they can get away with in stopping health care from fully operating 

The delivery method for healthcare services is an interesting debate for sure. But calling people murderers for having a different vision for that delivery model does nothing to advance the conversation. The debate is NOT about who should live or die. The debate is about the delivery vehicle for medical services. One side wants a centralized system and the other…doesn’t. It’s that simple. Leave Putin out of it. He’s busy bombing innocent civilians right now.

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The delivery method for healthcare services is an interesting debate for sure. But calling people murderers for having a different vision for that delivery model does nothing to advance the conversation. The debate is NOT about who should live or die. The debate is about the delivery vehicle for medical services. One side wants a centralized system and the other…doesn’t. It’s that simple. Leave Putin out of it. He’s busy bombing innocent civilians right now.

No, GOP will block it all as long as then can. Putin just bombs them. 

• Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again....I'm begging ALL of you to google and rewatch the famous deer hunter scene from My Cousin Vinny!  Do you think the deer gives a flying "FUXH" what color pants the hunter is wearing when his little deer face is splattered all over the ground?

Hmmmm...love the thought...but what about the two utes.? 😁

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

Putin's savvy, calculating strategic genius at work.  Letting your enemy know that if you stop fighting, you'll be murdered, and your wife and children will be raped and/or murdered, or tortured and imprisoned.  

It is time Ukraine was given weapons that would strike inside Russia. Time for Moscow to feel pain. Russian citizens are cowardly and need a reason to make a decision. 

Either fight a war or Zelensky should resign and allow communists to run Ukraine. Limited wars do not work for anyone. Need I create the list. 

Time for sanctions to include no international travel for any Russian citizen. Time to deport any Russian visitors. Time to arrest Putin family members outside Russia. Time to arrest Oligarchy members, not just their money.

We are watching genocide. There is no fight for territory. There is just genocide.

I have a few friends who are Russian heritage. They are very quiet. I have friends who are Ukrainian heritage, they cry, they are angry, they send money, they apply to take in relatives. 

The time is here I think.

Putin is no genius. Hitler was no genius. Putin just hates like Hitler did. History will show it, but that does not stop this. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, no wonder politicians cannot agree with logic like this. I am not sure I have ever seen a more extreme position. Putin and Hitler = no Obamacare...wholly crapola.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

It is time Ukraine was given weapons that would strike inside Russia. Time for Moscow to feel pain. Russian citizens are cowardly and need a reason to make a decision. 

Either fight a war or Zelensky should resign and allow communists to run Ukraine. Limited wars do not work for anyone. Need I create the list. 

Time for sanctions to include no international travel for any Russian citizen. Time to deport any Russian visitors. Time to arrest Putin family members outside Russia. Time to arrest Oligarchy members, not just their money.

We are watching genocide. There is no fight for territory. There is just genocide.

I have a few friends who are Russian heritage. They are very quiet. I have friends who are Ukrainian heritage, they cry, they are angry, they send money, they apply to take in relatives. 

The time is here I think.

Putin is no genius. Hitler was no genius. Putin just hates like Hitler did. History will show it, but that does not stop this. 

Wow, no wonder politicians cannot agree with logic like this. I am not sure I have ever seen a more extreme position. Putin and Hitler = no Obamacare...wholly crapola.

Not equal, but similar but different in scope 

• Eyeroll 1

Good God 

A drone video verified by The Washington Post shows trenches in the forest near the abandoned Chernobyl nuclear plant. The recording was published Wednesday on the Telegram channel of Energoatom, Ukraine’s state-owned atomic energy enterprise. According to Energoatom, Russian soldiers dug the pits in the Chernobyl exclusion zone — the approximately 1,000 square miles surrounding the site where radioactive contamination is highest — during their occupation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/06/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/#link-V24JQIU5VBBQNNOJEU4YZY3S4Y

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I might agree with you on Putin being a piece of ***** and on health care to a general degree, but this is a stupid ***** comparison.

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm against me paying for your healthcare, if that's what you mean.  Get a job and get your own, because mine is already too expensive. 

Which might have something to do with you still paying for other people's health care in the current system.

Russia's going further and further down the rabbit hole.  The only way they can think of to get out of this is through slaughter, torture and deportations.  Not that any of this is new, it was the Tsar's SOP the Communists' SOP, now it's Putin's SOP. 

Everybody is waiting for a big offensive by Russia, aimed at a breakthrough somewhere near Izyum.  We'll see, hopefully nothing comes it.  Ukraine's been pretty wily so far and punched far, far above their weight, but it ain't over until it's over.

19 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm against me paying for your healthcare, if that's what you mean.  Get a job and get your own, because mine is already too expensive. 

Because you earned everything you got! You are a lone Ranger! Good thing the benefits of society were all earned by you 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Because you earned everything you got! You are a lone Ranger! Good thing the benefits of society were all earned by you 

I certainly have earned what I got, and I probably earned plenty of what you got. 

• Like (+1) 1