Patriots at Bills: Game Week Thread (v2)

BuffaloBillyG

2. Dugger's void: Possibly because he is so soft-spoken, Patriots second-year safety Kyle Dugger doesn't generate a lot of media attention despite his growing impact on the defense (team-high 75 tackles). So it was no surprise the significance of his placement on the reserve/COVID-19 list last week -- and the growing likelihood of his absence Monday night -- seemed underplayed to me over the last five days. The Patriots are one of only two teams in the NFL to have three primary safeties (Devin McCourty, Dugger, Adrian Phillips) average more than 80% playing time, which reflects how the three-safety package is their base personnel (Washington is the other). The drop off after that trio -- with Myles Bryant likely the next safety up, and then Joejuan Williams bumping to the third corner spot in Bryant's place -- seems major. Especially against a pass-first team like the Bills.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4824348/kurt-warner-impressed-with-patriots-qb-mac-jones-says-rookies-ceiling-still-a-mystery

2 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Is he that big of a difference in this game?

Huge 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Is he that big of a difference in this game?

Maybe, maybe not.  I worry about his hitting power, especially in the weather they’re expecting.  I think he’s be covering  vs Knox a fair amount and I like his chances in that matchup.  He’s their leading tackler and is solid vs the short passing game.  He lines up ALL OVER the field.  In the box, outside the box, in the slot, on the edge. That kind of versatility allows BB to call a different game.  I think they’ll miss him and in, what I think will be a close game, every drive matters.  He helps their D end drives .

5 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, I’m kind of the opposite.  The Mannings offer “real” insight into what’s going on, and most of the time the regular broadcasters are annoying to me anyway.  I’m going to try it; I’ll let you know how it goes.

Enjoy man!

56 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

But Cowher and I believe Simms picked the Bills to win tomorrow. 

Simms, seriously?  He picked the Patriots in his show with Florio.  23-20, Florio picked the Pats 27-23.

~44:46 minutes in if this link doesn't take you right there.

He said that the Bills D won't be able to stop the run if they're faced with a team that can pass well enough to make a game of it, and the Bills O can't run so the Pats D can shut us down. 

So if he picked the Pats, that would be an about-face

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Simms, seriously?  He picked the Patriots in his show with Florio.  23-20, Florio picked the Pats 27-23.

~44:46 minutes in if this link doesn't take you right there.

He said that the Bills D won't be able to stop the run if they're faced with a team that can pass well enough to make a game of it, and the Bills O can't run so the Pats D can shut us down. 

So if he picked the Pats, that would be an about-face

The older Simms....the one on the show referenced in the post I quoted.

48 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

image.thumb.png.494218d97626dba5ba29102fc31686c4.png

I love those 'experts'. When the season started they had KC as the absolute class of the AFC. Then it was the Bills who were the best. Then it was the Chargers. Then it was the Titans, and now it's absolutely, positively, definitely the Pats.

If the Bills win they'll go back to being absolutely the team to beat in the AFC.

Not one of these guys has the guts to stick with their convictions

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.