Buffalo #1 NFL City ... for Bad Weather as per The Weather Channel

ChasBB

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I would like to see an explanation showing how being built sub grade makes it more windy.

Nearly 100% of the time, wind is stronger with an increase in elevation from grade.

The wind whips around because it is very often windy at that location, and the architecture of the structure, including the tunnel.

There are things that could be done to mitigate it.  

I read before that because of bottom being underground the stadium is like bowl and the wind just whips around with no where to go. That may not be the exact explanation but thats the jist of it

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

I read before that because of bottom being underground the stadium is like bowl and the wind just whips around with no where to go. That may not be the exact explanation but thats the jist of it

It doesn't have anywhere to go because it is obstructed by the structure, same as any other mostly closed in stadium.

Having the field below grade makes no difference. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

team used to the elements…in practice

Garbage. 
You can’t get used to wind, rain, in random patterns from one day to the next in a practice vs. game. The winds are strongest in buf vs. every other nfl city. It is a fact. You’ll notice they have an indoor practice field. Hmmmmm. I wonder why?

55 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Garbage. 
You can’t get used to wind, rain, in random patterns from one day to the next in a practice vs. game. The winds are strongest in buf vs. every other nfl city. It is a fact. You’ll notice they have an indoor practice field. Hmmmmm. I wonder why?

Having an indoor facility doesn't mean they can't practice outside in inclement weather during the season to get used to it a bit 

EVERY single coach In our history has utilized that 

You can't get that weather in Miami ... We can practice in it 

Levy , Marrone, Saban , even McDermott has utilized it 

It does help.. otherwise they wouldn't do it.. maybe they should more often

Edited by Buffalo716

Lets see..

We rarely have Tornado's

Dont se Tsunami rolling our way

Do not see Hurricanes hitting WNY in the foreseeable future..

Wildfire do to Lightning rarely happen.

We dont get Dust storms 

We get floods but rarely the the extreme the mid west goes through...

Just a dumb remark by someone that lives somewhere where they close after an inch of snow. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.