Ahmaud Arbery Trial.

B-Man

20 hours ago, T&C said:

Once again, justice was served... I couldn't imagine this one going any other way.

It did go the other way….read the original DA review of the case and his characterization of Arbery. It was only after the video was leaked and the case kicked through multiple DA’s that these guys were indicted.

Everyone patting themselves on the back that justice was served…..only by sheer luck.

Bottom line they were racists that murdered someone for no other apparent reason than their own personal hatred of a person of color they at the very least deserve to be in prison with no chance what so ever of bail & if they decide to appeal that should be immediately turned down . 

I am happy the two are going to jail, hopefully forever, but I did question the third guy and once his video is why this trial happened. I read he never touched Arbery, which makes his involvement different but maybe I missing something big with the video taker?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beach said:

was Arbery really jogging or was he stealing? (not that it justifies murdering him). 

I'm not sure but I believe he was walking around a house that was being built. All you have to do is call the police and report it you don't need to get in you truck and hunt a man down.

• Agree 1

On 11/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, Mr. K said:

I'm not sure but I believe he was walking around a house that was being built. All you have to do is call the police and report it you don't need to get in you truck and hunt a man down.

Unless, of course, your name is Kyle ... then you can pretend to be a medic and waltz around a protest with an AR-15 and not expect to elicit a reaction or suspicion...

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Unless, of course, your name is Kyle ... then you can pretend to be a medic and waltz around a protest with an AR-15 and not expect to elicit a reaction or suspicion...

I see.  So in your twisted mind the appropriate reaction for ordinary, peaceful citizens is to attempt to beat a guy to death in the middle of the street? Good to know!  

PS: You are a moron and the Kyle story just isn't working for you or anyone else. You were lied to. Give it up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see.  So in your twisted mind the appropriate reaction for ordinary, peaceful citizens is to attempt to beat a guy to death in the middle of the street? Good to know!  

PS: You are a moron and the Kyle story just isn't working for you or anyone else. You were lied to. Give it up.

lol - oh you’re fierce tonight… lmao

Funny how narratives apply in some situations and not others.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Let me shed a tear for women beating, pedophiles, who were destroying a city getting put down for trying to kill a kid who was on video helping people up until people were attacking him. Shouldn't have been there.... neither should the people committing arson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lol - oh you’re fierce tonight… lmao

Funny how narratives apply in some situations and not others.

Fierce? Get over yourself and your amateurish attempts to ‘trigger’ the adults. I’ll go back to my glass of Cab while enjoying a spectacular sunset in warm Southern California. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So dumb.  The first dead dude was committing crimes that night.  He was only "suspicious" that KR would thwart his next criminal act and the action KR elicited from him got him killed.  But again, he tried to kill himself so I guess KR did him a favor.  The other dead dude decided to play whack-a-guywithanAR-15 and found out the hard way that that was pretty stupid.  Thankfully they both died that night and didn't end up on life support so C3's insurance premiums wouldn't go up... 

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fierce? Get over yourself and your amateurish attempts to ‘trigger’ the adults. I’ll go back to my glass of Cab while enjoying a spectacular sunset in warm Southern California. 

lmao - yes deek - you are triggered... otherwise you would have just ignored it.

Enjoy your cab sunshine.

• Vomit 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, Doc said:

Yeah I can't believe the father and the neighbor might get life in prison when the son is the one who actually shot and killed Arbery.  I also don't know if I agree with "malice murder" for the son considering the definition is "no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart," as he engaged Arbery over alleged thefts and they both struggled for the gun.  I think voluntary manslaughter would have been the more appropriate charge.  Am I wrong?

With regard to the father and 3rd dude: felony murder exists for a reason.

You can make an argument for the guy filming but not the dad I don’t think. In any case the jury rejected that argument. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Six words from Marcus Arbery, Sr. for which we can all be thankful

8d73bddc-c325-4629-bf88-b07bfe1a7c64-450

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2021/11/25/six-words-from-marcus-arbery-sr-for-which-we-can-all-be-thankful-n431400

After the trial, the usual suspects gathered to do their best to keep division and strife alive between white and black communities. Professional race-baiters like Al Sharpton were front and center, at the microphone to deliver their remarks. Their words never change because it is to their benefit to keep strife, not hope, alive. For them, the grift is strong. The words that were striking during that press conference came from the parents of Ahmaud Arbery. Both are clearly still grieving the loss of their son but words of grace were found in their remarks.

You don't think you're contributing to the division, Bonnie?

This will be appealed based on incorrect jury instructions, and may well be reversed (leading to a 2nd trial).

Per Branca, the two sentence Georgia law re Citizen Arrest should be read under Doctrines of Plain text/strict construction, and Lenity.

Potential problem: judge effectively left it to the jury to make own conclusions on meaning of a confusing statute.

NOTE1: I am addressing due process of case, not whether I think these guys are innocent.

NOTE2: as I understand it, lethal force privileges found in law of self-defense do not, per se, apply under citizen arrest circumstances. The various states have different laws but I think the above is a general standard.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Clarity

6 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

This will be appealed based on incorrect jury instructions, and may well be reversed (leading to a 2nd trial).

Per Branca, the two sentence Georgia law re Citizen Arrest should be read under Doctrines of Plain text/strict construction, and Lenity.

Potential problem: judge effectively left it to the jury to make own conclusions on meaning of a confusing statute.

NOTE1: I am addressing due process of case, not whether I think these guys are innocent.

NOTE2: as I understand it, lethal force privileges found in law of self-defense do not, per se, apply under citizen arrest circumstances. The various states have different laws but I think the above is a general standard.

I understand it will be appealed but hopefully it is fully rejected by whichever court hears it. All trials have some issues but that should not be enough to get retrial.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I understand it will be appealed but hopefully it is fully rejected by whichever court hears it. All trials have some issues but that should not be enough to get retrial.

I hear you but...this is not a small procedural issue. The appeal would not involve a fact finding of the jury but how the jury was instructed to find and weigh those facts...beyond reasonable doubt.

This, imv and others, is ripe pickings for the defense...if they have $ to appeal of course.

Again, to be clear, my view is that these guys should've simply called the cops...esp since LEOs were canvassing neighborhood w AA's picture before the shooting. This is simply a fact in evidence.

So, bottom line, law is the law (cliche alert) and we will see how the appeals court views the issues I noted. I've no insight in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1