Stefon Diggs on CBS Radio 11/9

stevewin

Jim Rome show.  Stef never disappoints

- Processing loss

- Had to take some time to evaluate the process, evaluate the week and how it went.  Try not to get too down on it because we do live in a league of any given Sunday.  We watched across the league it wasn’t just us – a lot of teams got shocked.  We had to look back at the process especially for me I always look back at myself to see things I could have done better just to help my team win and put ourselves in a position to win.  Take a step back and look at it through another lens and say OK maybe we should do this, approach things this way.  I just continue to try to be that positive influence, that positive engine for the team.  I look at myself as not only a captain but a guy who leads his team the best he can.  Continue to try to push, continue to try to each and every day be the example

- Response to Twitter comment don’t @ me anything negative

- <Long answer said it was basically in response to things people are saying to him about “his other team” – he just wants to be left out of it.  Says doesn’t have anything to with it – he’s a big positive person and just trying to keep everything positive.  >

<Some other conversation of “wish keeping it real was contagious” Instagram comment>

- Go up against D in practice – iron sharpening iron

- Built into what’s going on here – our head coach has us do one-ones everyday, brings a level of competition each and every day.  Regardless of how you feel you have to go out and compete at a high level – only way you can compete at a high level is going one-one matchups.  Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde – they’ll even come out to take me on one-one at times just to get better.  And you can see that each and every day.  We’re not a team of complacency, we are never satisfied. Having those veteran guys definitely puts us at a good spot team wise – approaching each and every day.  I try to make sure I be that same example on the offensive side of the ball.   Motivating and trying to get better – a humble approach.

- Buffalo

- It’s awesome – everybody’s a Bills fan.  I’ve never had it in college but I can imagine what’s it’s like in a big college football town, I love it – guys who have played here before always say the best fan base is Buffalo – it is.  They really love their players and give it everything they got win lose or draw.  Buffalo Bills fans are 1) loyal and 2) don’t take no bleep either <reference to Rome saying Diggs doesn’t take no bleep in lead up to question>

- Little Brother

- I wish more people could experience something like this – I probably don’t feel it in its totality like my Mom does yet.  I feel more proud than anything and a sense of euphoria like God’s amazing.  Things like this don’t happen by chance, just to see my brother play at an extremely high level.  You believe in your siblings regardless. If my brother said he wanted to be an astronaut I would be behind him 100%.  The fact that he wanted to play the same sport that I wanted to play, he wanted to play at a high level, he wanted to have success, and he worked at it.  Something that you see is the maturation process, not really overnight it took time for him.  To see him have so much success, I always knew he had it in him.  You can ask my teammates only one day a week do I say how bout them cowboys – but other than that insanity it’s Go Bills Go

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 17

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

- Processing loss

- Had to take some time to evaluate the process, evaluate the week and how it went.  Try not to get too down on it because we do live in a league of any given Sunday.  We watched across the league it wasn’t just us – a lot of teams got shocked.  We had to look back at the process especially for me I always look back at myself to see things I could have done better just to help my team win and put ourselves in a position to win.  Take a step back and look at it through another lens and say OK maybe we should do this, approach things this way.  I just continue to try to be that positive influence, that positive engine for the team.  I look at myself as not only a captain but a guy who leads his team the best he can.  Continue to try to push, continue to try to each and every day be the example

- <Long answer said it was basically in response to things people are saying to him about “his other team” – he just wants to be left out of it.  Says doesn’t have anything to with it – he’s a big positive person and just trying to keep everything positive.  >

<Some other conversation of “wish keeping it real was contagious” Instagram comment>

- Built into what’s going on here – our head coach has us do one-ones everyday, brings a level of competition each and every day.  Regardless of how you feel you have to go out and compete at a high level – only way you can compete at a high level is going one-one matchups.  Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde – they’ll even come out to take me on one-one at times just to get better.  And you can see that each and every day.  We’re not a team of complacency, we are never satisfied. Having those veteran guys definitely puts us at a good spot team wise – approaching each and every day.  I try to make sure I be that same example on the offensive side of the ball.   Motivating and trying to get better – a humble approach.

- Buffalo

- It’s awesome – everybody’s a Bills fan.  I’ve never had it in college but I can imagine what’s it’s like in a big college football town, I love it – guys who have played here before always say the best fan base is Buffalo – it is.  They really love their players and give it everything they got win lose or draw.  Buffalo Bills fans are 1) loyal and 2) don’t take no bleep either <reference to Rome saying Diggs doesn’t take no bleep in lead up to question>

- Little Brother

- I wish more people could experience something like this – I probably don’t feel it in its totality like my Mom does yet.  I feel more proud than anything and a sense of euphoria like God’s amazing.  Things like this don’t happen by chance, just to see my brother play at an extremely high level.  You believe in your siblings regardless. If my brother said he wanted to be an astronaut I would be behind him 100%.  The fact that he wanted to play the same sport that I wanted to play, he wanted to play at a high level, he wanted to have success, and he worked at it.  Something that you see is the maturation process, not really overnight it took time for him.  To see him have so much success, I always knew he had it in him.  You can ask my teammates only one day a week do I say how bout them cowboys – but other than that insanity it’s Go Bills Go

It’s this kind of attitude, and JA, McD and others have it too, that make me know that the bills will be OK.

Yes, they’ve hit a rough patch especially because of the o-line. But, they’re here to stay.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Arkady Renko said:

Thanks very much for summarizing this.  By "other team" does he mean the Vikings?

Yes the Vikings.  I'm not a big social media guy so I don't know if something specific happened recently that he responded to or it was just a general reaction to people still talking about him/Vikings

• Thank you (+1) 1

They need to prioritize getting this guy the ball as often as possible.  If Daboll is this great offensive mind he should be able to come up with schemes to do that even if defenses are committing extra resources to try and contain him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I reformatted the original post because my brain works a little differently and it was hard for me to read. Here it is for all others who have a weird brain like mine and had a hard time comprehending the original formatting.

———-

Diggs was on the Jim Rome show and it was great. Diggs never disappoints! Here is a recap of what Diggs had to say.

Subject: How Diggs is processing the loss to the Jaguars. 

- Diggs had to take some time to evaluate the process, evaluate the week and how it went, and what led up to the loss.  He tries not to get too down on himself because we do live in a league of “any given Sunday”.  

To this point, Diggs watched while across the league many teams were shocked on Sunday. There were a lot of upsets, not only the Bills. Diggs said he had to look back at the process he goes through each week and he always looks back at himself to see things that he perhaps could have done better to help the team win and put themselves in a position to win.  

Diggs tries to take a step back and look at it through another lens, thinking  “OK maybe we should do this, approach things this way.” He  just continues to try to be that positive influence, that positive engine for the team.  Diggs sees himself as not only a captain but a guy who leads his team the best he can.  He will continue  to try to push, continue to try to  be “the example” each and every day.

Subject:  Diggs on his thoughts about  Twitter comments that he sees and receives 

- Diggs doesn’t want you to message him  anything negative

-  He gave a long answer talking about how certain people will message him with comments about “his other team”. But he just wants to be left out of it.  Diggs says he doesn’t have anything to with it. He is big on positivity and just tries to keep everything positive.  

Subject: Diggs talking about completion within the team 

- Diggs talks about how beneficial it is to go up against his own Defense in practice. Iron sharpens iron

- He talks about his head coach and how McD has them do one-on-one matchups everyday. These matchups bring an extra level of competition.  Diggs said that regardless of how you feel that day, you have to go out and compete at a high level. He said the only way you can compete at a high level is having those one-on-one matchups to make you better.

He specifically mentioned Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde and spoke about how they’ll come onto the practice field to go up against Diggs one-on-one because they want to get better. And you can see that each and every day.

Diggs said they’re not a team of complacency and they are never satisfied. Having those veteran guys definitely puts us at a good spot team wise – approaching each and every day.  

He tries to make sure that he is the same “example” on the offensive side of the ball.   He always tries to be a motivate his teammate and tries to get better. A humble approach.

Subject: Diggs talking about Buffalo and the fans 

- Diggs said Buffalo is awesome. He mentioned that everybody is  a Bills fan.  He said he never had that rabid college fan base experience in college but he can imagine what’s it’s like in a big college football town.

He mentions how much he loves it and he talks about past players who have played here before and how they always say the best fan base is Buffalo. Diggs agrees.

Bills fans really love their players and give it everything they got win lose or draw.  Buffalo Bills fans are 1) loyal and 2) don’t take no bleep either <This is in reference to Rome saying Diggs doesn’t take “no bleep” in the lead up question>

Subject: Diggs talking about his younger brother who also plays in the NFL.

- Diggs says he wishes more people could experience something like having a brother who works/plays in the same league.

He mention it’s probably more surreal for his mother. He also says he feels more proud than anything and a sense of euphoria like “God’s amazing”.  Things like this don’t happen by chance and just to see my brother play at an extremely high level is awesome, but you believe in your siblings regardless.

Diggs said if his brother said he wanted to be an astronaut he would be behind him 100%.  The fact that he wanted to play the same sport that I wanted to play, he wanted to play at a high level, he wanted to have success, and he worked at it.  Something that you see is the maturation process, not really overnight it took time for him.  To see him have so much success, I always knew he had it in him.  You can ask my teammates only one day a week do I say how bout them cowboys – but other than that insanity it’s Go Bills Go

Edited by Einstein
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great player. We need to get him involved more. Him and Beasley are as reliable as you can get. Get those two the ball. Run what works.

Luckily, we have a bunch of games ahead of us to get things right and get the offense clicking for the postseason.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, stevewin said:

- Processing loss

- Buffalo

- Little Brother

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.