It seems that our identity on offense has changed

Billever76

7 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Prior to yesterday's game, weren't we the highest scoring team in the league?  That seems to suggest we were doing something right, in my opinion.

I also think defenses have looked at the tape and have adjusted to what the Bills did well last year, so they've had to change it up a bit.

We probably had the highest scoring team in the league because we beat up Miami twice, once with their backup QB, The Texans with a no name QB, Washington with a no name QB, and a reeling KC team who would be 4-5 had Rodgers played yesterday.  The real test is coming for this team after THIS loss and some much tougher games.  How are they going to respond?  

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

You dont think teams kept safeties deep last season against us?.....you dont think teams tried to take away our deep passing?....you think teams respected our run last season thus opening up our deep middle of the field?....bull#### they knew what we were gonna do and they still couldnt stop us.....this year we are not calling the same plays

We are calling the same stuff for the most part though....the same garbage run plays up the middle for 2 yards at best, Allen designed draws, focusing way too much on Diggs, WR screens for 2 yards, etc.

One thing though that I've noticed that is part of the problem is this team takes way too long in the huddle, in that that wait to snap the ball almost when the clock hits zero and are trying to run some pseudo ball control offense with no semblance of a running game.

To me they should be speeding it up, running up tempo which seemed to be the case last year and they also tried it late in the game yesterday. But with an oline so bad I don't really think it matters.

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

We probably had the highest scoring team in the league because we beat up Miami twice, once with their backup QB, The Texans with a no name QB, Washington with a no name QB, and a reeling KC team who would be 4-5 had Rodgers played yesterday.  The real test is coming for this team after THIS loss and some much tougher games.  How are they going to respond?  

If mcd is as good of a coach as he is being labeled then i expect a fix and an angry determined Bills team......either this makes the team solidify and run through the rest of their schedule or we collapse and lose the division and maybe even a playoff bid.....i think mcd will have the proper corrections and we come out swinging

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We can’t push the ball down the field because we can’t run the ball, PA doesn’t fool anyone and Allen has no time.  

Sweeney has been bad in his chance to show what he has behind Knox.   The offense with Knox, at least showed signs of explosiveness… Sweeney is a major liability out there.  

Not sure what to make of the lack of McKenzie, but right now, any jet sweep to McKenzie probably results in a 5-8 yard loss. 

Agree about Sweeney.  I am surprised.  Thought he had more game from what he showed two years ago.  Big drop off from Knox.  

Biggest problem is the O line is just brutal across the board.  They are very slow at tackle without Spencer Brown, and get absolutely no push in the run game.  I don't like throwing to Beasley outside at the line of scrimmage.  He is not explosiveness enuf or big enuf to make things happen there.  His game is catching in open space in the 10-12 yard range usually in the middle of the field.  Noone can stay w him there.  Do that w the TE running down the seam and spaces will open, even in the Tampa 2.  The offense looked so ill prepared yesterday.  Really wonder what the coaching staff is doing to game plan each week.   

The offense has become stale and predictable.  1 or 2 plays they will put Mckenzie in motion.  Besides that, similar formations similar plays.  When was the last time a guy was designed open for a big play?  Diggs vs Kc?  

I would play around with different personal.  I would give Diggs some work in the slot.  Put Gabe Davis outside a bit more.  The 21 personal of Diggs, Beasley, Sanders is being used too much imo.  Mix it up more like the Dline.  I would like Mckenzie to get a bit more plays aswell.  His speed is something different.  If Beasley is out maybe give stevenson a look too.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This isn't rocket science.  Daboll knows his OL is pathetic. He's in full panic mode trying to scheme a way out of cover 2. Opponents laugh at our OL/RB's.  Josh has been expected to be Hercules and he can't do it all anymore.  This is the result. 

Kinda sounds like KC doesn't it? When the line breaks down it will eventually all break. We've become over-reliant on our QB, just like KC. I'm not convinced that even if we scheme up a good week this week, that it won't be a roller coaster the rest of the way.

31 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Kinda sounds like KC doesn't it? When the line breaks down it will eventually all break. We've become over-reliant on our QB, just like KC. I'm not convinced that even if we scheme up a good week this week, that it won't be a roller coaster the rest of the way.

Run the ball win ugly.  Looked like a less inspired week 1 performance offensively.  Imo Daboll is trying too hard to get a HC job and not do whats best week to week.  2 back up lineman, 1 moved inside due to play starting at Rt.  Play more conservative and let the d carry the offense and score enough to escape with a win.   

Im not writing us off just yet...i will say a good OC and HC can compensate for a weak interior oline to an extent amd instead we have called plays and coaching decisions that have magnified our glaring weakness...there isnt many weaknesses on this team but our interior oline is major....its time our coaches get their heads out of their asses and do some major adjustments on how they call plays and what decisions they are making at critical downs in game....we need ingame adjustments and to utilize what we do best....no more slow developing shotgun draws into our weak interior...no more quick throws to diggs and beasely at or behind the los.....start calling quick slants,timing patterns to the sidelines at or past the sticks......rollout allen in designed bootlegs and get the pocket moving.....give me a break with this vanilla bull#### from our OC and HC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.