I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes, so based on this does that mean Allen isn't good either:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1460291614866386945/photo/1

I'll look at PFF stats.  As far as their grades, I think they are subjective trash.  I wont praise a PFF grade ever.  So in order to show Jones has been playing at an elite level all you have is a subjective PFF stat.  Gotcha.  So he hasnt actually be playing at an elite level with his 13 TDs to 7 Ints over 10 games.  The dude is playing great for a rookie.  To say he is playing elite is a huge stretch.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

PFF had him graded exactly the same as JA17 yesterday.

It's simply a myth at this point that Mac Jones is just dinking and dunking and playing ball control football. He's not and he's making elite throws all over the field and will only get more confident as the Pats keep winning.

He's the clear cut rookie of the year front runner and if the Pats keep winning and his stellar play continue it's not out of the realm of possibility he moves into the MVP discussion.

Elite throws all over the field...

pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-10_1636923

This was yesterdays game

pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-9_16363190

This was last week

People wonder why I say he is overhyped.  This is nowhere near an Elite QBs passing chart.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'll look at PFF stats.  As far as their grades, I think they are subjective trash.  I wont praise a PFF grade ever.  So in order to show Jones has been playing at an elite level all you have is a subjective PFF stat.  Gotcha.  So he hasnt actually be playing at an elite level with his 13 TDs to 7 Ints over 10 games.  The dude is playing great for a rookie.  To say he is playing elite is a huge stretch.

Elite throws all over the field...

pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-10_1636923

This was yesterdays game

pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-9_16363190

This was last week

People wonder why I say he is overhyped.  This is nowhere near an Elite QBs passing chart.

It's pretty much what Tom Brady made a career on especially during the Pats SB championships in the early 2000's.

I didn't think Jones would be this good so soon and thought he was more the product of Alabama and Saban's system but it's clear the Patriots landed a steal and the best QB in the draft class and why they were quick to dump a former MVP and roll with Jones at the beginning of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's pretty much what Tom Brady made a career on especially during the Pats SB championships in the early 2000's.

I didn't think Jones would be this good so soon and thought he was more the product of Alabama and Saban's system but it's clear the Patriots landed a steal and the best QB in the draft class and why they were quick to dump a former MVP and roll with Jones at the beginning of the year.

A competent QB will always do well behind great coaching, great defense, and a great o line with a very good running game.  He is not playing at an elite level.  He is playing at a very good level doing what he is asked with all of the above.  You over exaggerate how good he is because you have always been Bills pessimistic and everyone else scared of.  You actually have nothing to back the words you have typed.  Elite lmao.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

A competent QB will always do well behind great coaching, great defense, and a great o line with a very good running game.  He is not playing at an elite level.  He is playing at a very good level doing what he is asked with all of the above.  You over exaggerate how good he is because you have always been Bills pessimistic and everyone else scared of.  You actually have nothing to back the words you have typed.  Elite lmao.

This is the crux of the arguement though, it's not just about Mac Jones meteoric rise....it's about a 6 time SB winning head coach that knows how to put together a grimy football team that is built to win games all different ways, from the ugly 13-10 defensive affairs to the 38-35 shootouts.

I just have a bad feeling that a lot of fans are going to be humbled if the Pats come into Buffalo and light this team up on national television on MNF. Belichek loves to send a message too and won't be afraid to run up the score and he isn't going to forget that because we did the same last year in their building.

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is the crux of the arguement though, it's not just about Mac Jones meteoric rise....it's about a 6 time SB winning head coach that knows how to put together a grimy football team that is built to win games all different ways, from the ugly 13-10 defensive affairs to the 38-35 shootouts.

I just have a bad feeling that a lot of fans are going to be humbled if the Pats come into Buffalo and light this team up on national television on MNF. Belichek loves to send a message too and won't be afraid to run up the score and he isn't going to forget that because we did the same last year in their building.

I dont take issue with anyone saying the Pats games will be tough.  Truthfully they might be the two toughest games left on our schedule.  What I take issue with is the over exaggeration of calling Mac Jones elite.  He is playing game manager.  Doing very good at it but game manager none the less. 

Just like the Bills have not beaten anybody... neither have the Patriots.  Won't know how tough they are until the games actually happen.  Meanwhile you are ready to duck under that table and hide because thats pretty much been your MO.  You were probably still scared of Miami too.  Im willing to bet you were scared of the Jets.

Doesn't it ever get old being the boards negative Nancy thinking your team sucks all the time?  I know it gets old reading it.  Enjoy the season.  Don't wait until the end to enjoy the freaking football games.  If you are like this this year then you likely were like this last year too which means you wasted an entire amazing season of Bills football being a negative scared person.  Who knows. Maybe I am wasting my breath and you dont actually think all this crap and just get your kicks out of trolling.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

PFF had him graded exactly the same as JA17 yesterday.

It's simply a myth at this point that Mac Jones is just dinking and dunking and playing ball control football. He's not and he's making elite throws all over the field and will only get more confident as the Pats keep winning.

He's the clear cut rookie of the year front runner and if the Pats keep winning and his stellar play continue it's not out of the realm of possibility he moves into the MVP discussion.

What are you smoking? Their wins are against Zach Wilson 2X, Davis Mills (3pt win), Sam Darnold, Overhyped Herbert (3pt win) and Baker Mayfield. And they lost to Tua!

I get it, wins are wins but he's not carrying this team. He's doing what's asked which is be a Game Manager and make no mistakes. To his credit he's done it well albeit against suspect competition.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I said some nice words but my true thoughts are ***** the cheatriots.

Amen.

All that matters is which Buffalo Bills team shows up at these games.     If the good Bills team shows up, Bills are going to win, even if the Patriots played their best game of the year.

If the Bills don't show up, they can lose to anyone.   Just proved it in Jacksonville.

The Patriots, even on their best day this year, aren't good enough to beat a well playing Bills team this year - and it ain't even close.

Pats fans are nothing more than homers dreaming of being good again one day.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont take issue with anyone saying the Pats games will be tough.  Truthfully they might be the two toughest games left on our schedule.  What I take issue with is the over exaggeration of calling Mac Jones elite.  He is playing game manager.  Doing very good at it but game manager none the less. 

Just like the Bills have not beaten anybody... neither have the Patriots.  Won't know how tough they are until the games actually happen.  Meanwhile you are ready to duck under that table and hide because thats pretty much been your MO.  You were probably still scared of Miami too.  Im willing to bet you were scared of the Jets.

Doesn't it ever get old being the boards negative Nancy think your team sucks all the time?  I know it gets old reading it.  Enjoy the season.  Don't wait until the end to enjoy the freaking football games.  If you are like this this year then you likely were like this last year too which means you wasted an entire season being a negative scared person.  Who knows. Maybe I am wasting my breath and you dont actually think all this crap and just get your kicks out of trolling.

Again, the numbers say he's not just a game manager. This may have been true the first month or so of the season but it's not a coincidence the Pats are in the midst of a 4 game winning streak as Jones play has been elevated and he emerges as the OROY and could place himself in the league MVP discussion soon.

Also I disagree with the notion that the Pats haven't beaten anybody, they have beaten 3 teams currently at .500 or better in convincing fashion (Panthers/Chargers/Browns) vs. the Bills having only one such win (Chiefs).

Sure I'm not the most optimistic at times with this team, but it's because I realize they haven't done anything of note in this league and as a fan I'm not going to get roped in by hype and potential. Need to see results and sustained success over a long period of time, could care less about one lousy division title during a weird covid year. And if the Pats come right back and win the division this year the Beane/McDermott luster will vanish quickly especially once they realize themselves they aren't truly touching Belichik as long as he's in NE.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you underestimate our team and overestimate the rest.  NO has no offense.  Indy is solid but not a real contender.  TB is the toughest of the 3 but they havent been doin well as of late either.

Ok they are better than any team not named Tennessee that the Bills have faced. They are all well coached and won’t beat themselves.  Also their D fronts are scarier than any ones you have faced outside of Pittsburg.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Again, the numbers say he's not just a game manager. This may have been true the first month or so of the season but it's not a coincidence the Pats are in the midst of a 4 game winning streak as Jones play has been elevated and he emerges as the OROY and could place himself in the league MVP discussion soon.

Also I disagree with the notion that the Pats haven't beaten anybody, they have beaten 3 teams currently at .500 or better in convincing fashion (Panthers/Chargers/Browns) vs. the Bills having only one such win (Chiefs).

Sure I'm not the most optimistic at times with this team, but it's because I realize they haven't done anything of note in this league and as a fan I'm not going to get roped in by hype and potential. Need to see results and sustained success over a long period of time, could care less about one lousy division title during a weird covid year. And if the Pats come right back and win the division this year the Beane/McDermott luster will vanish quickly especially once they realize themselves they aren't truly touching Belichik as long as he's in NE.

Again, what numbers? 

Panthers are garbage behind a garbage QB.  Chargers have fallen downhill and the Browns are also banged up garbage at this point.  They haven't beaten anybody.

Somehow I think you are always like this and will always be like this.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok they are better than any team not named Tennessee that the Bills have faced. They are all well coached and won’t beat themselves.  Also their D fronts are scarier than any ones you have faced outside of Pittsburg.

Which team are you referring to?  

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You're a Patriots fan in '21 - talking about how the Bills haven't really beaten anyone good?

• Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you underestimate our team and overestimate the rest.  NO has no offense.  Indy is solid but not a real contender.  TB is the toughest of the 3 but they havent been doin well as of late either.

i stopped at split with NE*.  

he must be as high as Peter S on GMFB saying the Cheats will get the #1 seed !!!!

ROTFLMO 

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes, so based on this does that mean Allen isn't good either:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1460291614866386945/photo/1

PFFFF 

Stats are for losers 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

As some one who doesn't like the Pats, I hope the Bills split with them and lose to the Colts. The Homerism in this place has gone way to over the top. They are 5-3 with a cupcake schedule. These next few weeks will tell the tale. 

You hope the Bills lose to the Colts?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

As some one who doesn't like the Pats, I hope the Bills split with them and lose to the Colts. The Homerism in this place has gone way to over the top. They are 5-3 with a cupcake schedule. These next few weeks will tell the tale. 

What? Why would you want Bills to split with Pats and lose to Colts? Or are you not a Bills fan?? 

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

So, you would like the Bills to lose to the Pats and Colts because of "homerism?"

Perhaps your post should have begun, "As someone who doesn't like the Bills...."

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.