11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

If we can’t go the play action or rpo then scrap it. Go back to shotgun with a deep drop or roll out. 

It baffles me how little we have designed rollouts for such a weapon like Josh... meanwhile you watch any other team with a mobile QB and they roll out a bunch. Go watch a Seattle game, its insane to me how little we do it

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No. Objective fans who can handle bad news about their team.

You’ve admitted you’re over the top and prone to being over the top. You literally started an entire thread about it… 

You’re not objective in any sense of the word. Stop pretending like you are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This loss was a complete organizational failure from Beane on down.

The weaknesses on this roster have been apparent from the offseason yet stubbornly ignored by a GM who thinks his job is to put his team “in the mix” in January and run a profit, like a car dealership in Wisconsin.  The SB window was open this season with a paper-soft schedule and the main AFC competitors looking weak - but he didn’t want to “mortgage the future” and go all-in for a title.  

Your OC is coaching for his resume.  Your QB thinks he’s Superman and cannot discipline himself to play within the structure.

Home field advantage is gone - this team will have to go win on the road in New England or Baltimore and doesn’t have the toughness or focus to get through those physical teams in big moments.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The game turned on Gabe's drop on 2nd down. He catches it were in field goal territory and Josh doesn't fumble it on 3rd down etc etc.

I haven’t seen a replay, but it looked like the ball was on target and that it was just an inexcusable drop. Can anyone confirm?

The offensive line was absolutely 100% trash. Josh Allen did not elevate his teammates. The defense did what it does and played the game that usually leads to a blow out. Spencer Brown might be better than we think. Too many penalties. Bad Game man...

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Drops from Beasley, Sanders and David didn't help. I agree, he was a mess today in the second half but at the same time he couldn't win - he tried to throw and there were little options, he held on and got sacked.

This is season defining now. Our team has the capability of being Super Bowl contenders, even now, but we need to wake up in every single department on Offense (bar Bass). No more excuses, no more days like today. And if there is just one more, we're done.

There isn’t any excuses at all. This team was billed as a contender. The expectations are there. If they don’t perform then they deserve the criticism even if it makes some upset 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Their right tackle was up early at least 5 times.  And on the 4th and 2, they were Offside, and somehow Boettger got the flag.  Instead of 1st and 10 at the 37, we punt from the 47.  

The officials officially sucked.  The fix was in.

Boettger deserved the flag, he moved first. Even though I am pretty sure he might possibly been aware of the snap count. 

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

If you line can’t block, there’s nothing to figure out. Josh is our only chance, and even then he can’t win them all by himself.

Then go back to 4 spread WR or 5 empty backfield. Have one or two outlet wr's for pressure while other guys like Sanders are dragging defenders around field. We run quick outs but refuse to even run a slant

Dreadful,  pathetic and dreadful.  And please don't say it's just one of those games. I actually called a loss today and was eaten aluve on our weekly family Bills text thread. This team is not good enough to win it all and right now I don't think we win the division.  Any good front 4 will cave in our soft and weak OLine. Josh looking shaky under pressure and Daboll called a crap game. Josh can't do it all. With a zero run game we are a one dimensional mess. Cody and Feliciano are awful. Morse can't move a LB a foot much less a DT.  Beane built the team to beat KC. Mission accomplished.  Now maybe we take a break from drafting DEs that are healthy scratches and get some interior OLine talent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Just wondering how would you beat the rush he saw today, most of those pressure he saw today again was with them rushing 4 which allowed them to sit in zone and take away all the deep routes that take time to develop. I hated the play calling myself but without a running game how do we attack it.

Middle of the field was open a day with quick slants. Daboll has never liked it. But I run quick slants and outs. Keep the d honest. 

20 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm excited to hear his pff score after this game. Absolute miracle he had 1 holding call, he was holding all day. A 2nd rounder looking like he might not be practice squad material.

I wonder at what point we start asking about our O line coaching, I think the entire line has pff personal rankings of below average, teller struggled then leaves becomes an all pro immediately, and they keep keep ford and shove him down our throats. Morse was considered top 5 at cheifs, comes to bills and has been average. Many red flags starting to pile up, gotta be a common denominator.

The worst thing about games like this, is they bring out the Full Bore Revisionist History

Teller played in 2018 when Teflon Juan Castillo was the OL coach.

He was traded to Cleveland at the end of the 2019 presean, not because he was playing poorly but because they were trying to ensure they had a proven NFL center on the roster with Morse on the concussion list, so they kept Spencer Long (they didn’t realize at the time that Feliciano and Bates could play center)

So Teller never played a down for Bobby Johnson as his OL coach.

This is now the 2nd year where IMHO Beane should look himself in the face and say “I should have done more” on OL - the other being 2017.  But being realistic, we are down to our 2nd string at 3 different positions across the OL.  Most OLs don’t look too good when you’re playing backups at 3 positions.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Just wondering how would you beat the rush he saw today, most of those pressure he saw today again was with them rushing 4 which allowed them to sit in zone and take away all the deep routes that take time to develop. I hated the play calling myself but without a running game how do we attack it.

A 9 route or two. Take the top off or they keep coming and sitting on the short ***** 

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Then go back to 4 spread WR or 5 empty backfield. Have one or two outlet wr's for pressure while other guys like Sanders are dragging defenders around field. We run quick outs but refuse to even run a slant

I’m gonna bet when I look at the game film or when Cover1 comes out with some analysis there will be seen to be slants.

I honestly thought this team was beyond this type of garbage we saw on the field today.

Josh Allen getting sacked, intercepted, and having a fumbled recovered… by a player with the same exact name!  That might be the single  “Billsiest” thing to ever happen in the long and Billustrious history of “Billsiness”, and that’s saying a lot.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.