Covid Protocols 2022

Throw out the worthless contact tracing...that was always stupid:

Omicron is spreading 'every place at once,' experts say. What it could mean for holiday plans.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The omicron variant of COVID-19 is moving faster than surveillance systems can track it and has so unnerved some medical experts they're starting to put the brakes on preparations for their holiday gatherings.

"Personally, I'm reevaluating plans for the holidays," Bronwyn MacInnis, director of pathogen genomic surveillance at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard University, said on a call with reporters Tuesday. "It's the responsible thing to do and what feels right given the risk."

She and a handful of other Massachusetts-based researchers on the call said they've been stunned by the pace by which omicron has been crowding out other variants and taking over the pandemic.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 3% of current COVID-19 cases in the U.S. are omicron. But MacInnis said she thinks that number was probably an underestimate on Dec. 11 – just three days ago – when the CDC first said it, and now it’s likely to be much higher.

"At the rate that it seems to be spreading, there isn't a surveillance system on the planet truly that could keep up with it," MacInnis said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/12/14/covid-variant-omicron-worries-experts/8898798002/

1 minute ago, ALF said:

The goal of the vaccines and booster is to stay out of the ICU and cemetery.

Then why are there any protocols or mandates?  

You have assessed the risk and decided to take that chance or not.

If the protocols don't end today, then when?  15 more days?

What's the newest fake metric?  Super low cases?  

I'll hang up and listen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trying not to stress hospitals is worth a try.

Stressed?  It's flu szn.  They're all stressed.

Florida showed you in the summer it clearly has a superior health care system to California Pennsylvania Michigan and New York..

No one wants hospitals to collapse.  They haven't come close across 99% of the country.  Decisions to help alleviated their stress if any are local matters - not even a state call - the locality.

I'll ask again.  

If the protocols don't end yesterday, then when?

• Like (+1) 1

They thought threatening these guys to get a vaccine bc it won't spread and you can't get covid if vaccinated would solve this.  

Biggest screw up of all time because they were lied to by Fauci.  

Only solution was to move on live life protocol and mandate free.  But that would mean the "bad guys" on Team Reality were always right.  So time to double and triple down.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They thought threatening these guys to get a vaccine bc it won't spread and you can't get covid if vaccinated would solve this.  

Biggest screw up of all time because they were lied to by Fauci.  

Only solution was to move on live life protocol and mandate free.  But that would mean the "bad guys" on Team Reality were always right.  So time to double and triple down.  

yep, and its weird as the NFLs head  doc was leading edge last year on Covid. 

Was obvious in early September the vaccines were not preventing spread, yet they kept up the charade about different protocols for vax vs unvaxed .

Damn, we need Beasley back on social media stat...all those Bills fans crushing him for being all over this early now need to take a walk of shame.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Westside said:

For a virus with a survival rate over 99% for people under 65?

This is simply a power grab, nothing more, nothing less.

Over 800,000 covid deaths so far in the US is a lot to me and very expensive for the healthcare system. Some areas stopping elective surgery again is not good. Yes I'm against  vaccine mandates especially for healthcare workers.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Over 800,000 covid deaths so far in the US is a lot to me and very expensive for the healthcare system. Some areas stopping elective surgery again is not good. Yes I'm against  vaccine mandates especially for healthcare workers.

I blame all those deaths on china and fauci who funded the wuhan research. I wonder if they lose any sleep over all those innocent deaths?

• Agree 1

How's this any different in 2025?

The Calgary Flames' outbreak continues to grow, with the team placing 17 members in COVID-19 protocol Wednesday.

The Flames added seven players, seven support staff, and three coaches, including head coach Darryl Sutter, to the COVID-19 list. Johnny Gaudreau, Jacob Markstrom, and Rasmus Andersson are among the more notable players entering protocol.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2252108

5 hours ago, ALF said:

With a vaccine widely available  mandates are not needed just strong recommendations. 

9.4% of NYS inpatient hospital beds are occupied by COVID positive patients.  All inpatients are tested when they are admitted so getting an accurate break out of those admitted "with COVID" or "for COVID" is difficult. 

78.8% of NYS hospital beds are occupied by non-COVID patients.  19% are unoccupied.  I wouldn't characterize these stats as stressing the system.  Add in firing and dismissing workers which lowers capacity.  If you're trying not to stress the system cutting capacity by eliminating care givers is a peculiar way to achieve that objective.

The COVID "vaccines" do not immunize you against infection.  They "protect" you by treating the symptoms and producing some antibodies which lowers the severity of the illness you experience.  They also do not eliminate transmission.  In the traditional definition of a vaccine which is conveying immunity the COVID vaccines are not vaccines but rather by their observable and measurable function they are prophylactic treatments.  None of the official messaging reflects any of this.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

With a vaccine widely available  mandates are not needed just strong recommendations. 

What's changed?  Check the dates on these.

https://time.com/5107984/hospitals-handling-burden-flu-patients/

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20190205/bad-flu-seasons-test-us-hospitals

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article125967144.html

https://www.daytondailynews.com/lifestyles/health/local-hospitals-ask-flu-patients-stay-away/I5jeXotxyNmHmZDIxgGHgI/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/248975.stm

You're being whipped up into a frenzy over something that happens every ***** year!! 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Since when does claiming a vaccine is 90 or 95% effective against contracting a severe disease = a claim that one is “curing” a disease?  You people are so eager to play this game of gotcha that you’ve left any semblance of logic far behind. 

Who is playing "gotcha?"  

But thank you for admitting the vaccine mandates and State ordered protocols are completely worthless.  

We've spent almost 2 years telling you why and now it's starting to make sense to you.  

Still waiting on almost 5 months of being back in school maskless in Florida - the data that shows what a "disaster" its been.