2017 Re-Draft - What would you do?

YoloinOhio

2017 Draft and aftermath   

258 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still trade the 10th pick for pick 27 and 2018 1st knowing that pick could have been Mahomes?

• Yes, I want Tre White and the pick that helped get Allen
    • No, I would have taken Mahomes there
  2. 2. Would you rather have Mahomes as your QB, or Josh Allen as your QB plus Tre White CB1

3. 3. If the Bills had drafted Mahomes in 2017, do you think the Bills would have won a SB by now?

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've always thought the Bills needed one more pick to make that trade worthwhile.  We're good now, obviously, but we could have used an extra pick to get an OG.

They had Wyatt Teller.

Any extra guard they would have picked would have gotten cut/traded too.

• Agree 1

Bizarro NFL.  Allen and White are on the Chiefs? Is Allen better with those weapons? Either way does KC win a Superbowl first?  I like the trajectory of the franchise and Allen overall.  I think Allen is set up for years of continued success.  Mahomes may be his foil.  I think eventually Allen takes the mantel of best in the league.  

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe he has “gotten started”

He's on the right path, but he's still way behind Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

THere is a thread on Cheifsplanet showing that Mahomes has progressively regressed since his rookie year.

Josh has gotten better every year; maybe even this year too.

10 years from now, who knows...

Herbert.

32 minutes ago, Dopey said:

So does Mahomes. Josh is 25 yrs old, Mahomes is 26 yrs old.

Again, Josh better get started, then. He's way behind Mahomes.

He's not way behind. You're being truculent.

Right now, I'd take Josh straight up, though obviously he's yet to win a SB.

36 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Did you misunderstand the meaning of "at the end of their careers" dopey? 

What would make you think this way?!? Pretty clear I knew what you meant. Mahomes has his career ahead of himself too. Josh is way behind Mahomes, they both have their careers in front of them. He's got catching up to do if you want to declare Josh as the better QB. Where's the misunderstanding? I'm like Lt. Columbo, I ain't as dopey as I make myself out to be.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He's not way behind. You're being truculent.

Right now, I'd take Josh straight up, though obviously he's yet to win a SB.

Truculent?!? How so? I responded to his post 17 hrs later and my post wasn't an argument or fighting. I certainly wasn't aggressively defiant to baadthings. Yet here we are with a post from someone who seems to fit the name he called me out to be.

. I wasn't aggressively defiant.

25 minutes ago, Dopey said:

What would make you think this way?!? Pretty clear I knew what you meant. Mahomes has his career ahead of himself too. Josh is way behind Mahomes, they both have their careers in front of them. He's got catching up to do if you want to declare Josh as the better QB. Where's the misunderstanding? I'm like Lt. Columbo, I ain't as dopey as I make myself out to be.

Their careers as a whole body of work.

That's where Allen will stand above Mahomes after they're done playing.

That's what I'm saying, That's what I mean. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

Truculent?!? How so? I responded to his post 17 hrs later and my post wasn't an argument or fighting. I certainly wasn't aggressively defiant to baadthings. Yet here we are with a post from someone who seems to fit the name he called me out to be.

. I wasn't aggressively defiant.

Calm down. Try some aroma therapy. The claim that Allen is way behind Mahomes is either hyperbole designed to inflame readers (i.e. truculent) or you are simply wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Calm down. Try some aroma therapy. The claim that Allen is way behind Mahomes is either hyperbole designed to inflame readers (i.e. truculent) or you are simply wrong. 

I'm calm. Just because my thoughts inflame you(baadthings seems fine with me) doesn't make me truculent. It doesn't mean my opinion is wrong. You're the only one calling names out to someone you don't agree with. 

In the words of the immortal (well truculent) Dr. Who: calm down.

Truculent?!! Ha.

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm calm. Just because my thoughts inflame you(baadthings seems fine with me) doesn't make me truculent. It doesn't mean my opinion is wrong. You're the only one calling names out to someone you don't agree with. 

In the words of the immortal (well truculent) Dr. Who: calm down.

Truculent?!! Ha.

Alright, since we've established what a fine, calm fellow you are, on what basis do you discern that Josh Allen is way behind Mahomes? Do you mean the current standard of play exhibited by each qb or are you referring to the SB and MVP? One could plausibly argue that Allen was MVP level last year. I think Allen is pretty evidently playing better right now, but if one thinks otherwise, fine, the disparity is not so great that many would agree that Allen is way behind. If all you really mean is Allen is yet to win a SB, that is granted by everyone, but few conclude that this means Allen is a far inferior player.

Edited by Dr. Who

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Alright, since we've established what a fine, calm fellow you are, on what basis do you discern that Josh Allen is way behind Mahomes? Do you mean the current standard of play exhibited by each qb or are you referring to the SB and MVP? One could plausibly argue that Allen was MVP level last year. I think Allen is pretty evidently playing better right now, but if one thinks otherwise, fine, the disparity is not so great that many would agree that Allen is way behind. If all you really mean is Allen is yet to win a SB, that is granted by everyone, but few conclude that this means Allen is a far inferior player.

'Josh will prove out to be the better of the two when they are both retired. "

To the quote above, from baadthings, I simply stated Josh was way behind Mahomes. I don't get the "calm" thing going on. Or even the "truculent" thing. You came at me for my reply to someone else. I'm fine. 

As of right now Mahomes has been the better QB. SB MVP, NFL MVP, better record, more wins, etc. To get to the point of being the better of the two, when both have retired, Josh has a lot of ground to make up. Hence, he's way behind. 

Back to this"truculent" thing, looking back on this... are you the pot calling the kettle black? If you can't honestly answer yes, don't bother.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.