Ongoing Buffalo Bills Ratings on Madden 22 Thread!

TheyCallMeAndy

I feel that two things are true about Madden at the same time:

On the one hand: The game is lagging behind where it should be on this generation of consoles. EA's football games have been on a downward trend ever since they got the exclusive NFL license. That exclusive license is the worst thing to ever happen to football video games. Without any competition, EA has just been coasting for years. NFL games on the fourth or fifth generation of consoles should be vastly better in all respects than what Madden is now. 

On the other hand: Video game football is still amazing right now. I grew up playing Tecmo Bowl, NFL Gameday, Madden on Sega Genesis. If you'd have shown Madden 22 to the kid version of me playing those games all those years ago, my jaw would be on the floor. Video game fans will always, always find something to complain about. I'm not saying there's nothing to complain about in the modern Madden games -- there's plenty. I'm just saying that it's STILL a pretty amazing game compared to what these games used to be. 

Both things are true, in my opinion. Yes, Madden 22 should be vastly better, and I wish 2K Sports still made football games. But also: I still find Madden to be a hell of a lot of fun, and I think fans are a bit too quick to find reasons to complain. 

At any rate, I don't really have a choice in any of it, because Madden is the only game in town. Since I want to play video game football, I really don't have a choice. So like with most things, I choose to concentrate on the positive about it and just enjoy it. This year, by the way, is the easiest time I've ever had whooping ass online. This Bills team is monstrous.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

The obvious one, even so much that Jeremy talked about this morning on WGR, Knox with the lead early on in Ray’s video above with a a four point jump overall to 81.

1.  Well deserved.

2.  A Bills TE with an 80 or greater rating in Madden?!  Never thought I’d see the day.

The other news is Josh finally go up beyond where he starts the season.  His highest ever rating of 89 (up 1).  Good, but how this guy, now into his second year of dominance is still in the 80s is ridiculous.  Ray agrees (8:41 - 8:56 above).  Especially with Dak at 90 and Lamar at 93.

afc defensive rookie of the week Greg Rousseau going up two points to…a 71?  How is he so low even as a rookie?!  (14:22)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

The obvious one, even so much that Jeremy talked about this morning on WGR, Knox with the lead early on in Ray’s video above with a a four point jump overall to 81.

1.  Well deserved.

2.  A Bills TE with an 80 or greater rating in Madden?!  Never thought I’d see the day.

The other news is Josh finally go up beyond where he starts the season.  His highest ever rating of 89 (up 1).  Good, but how this guy, now into his second year of dominance is still in the 80s is ridiculous.  Ray agrees (8:41 - 8:56 above).  Especially with Dak at 90 and Lamar at 93.

afc defensive rookie of the week Greg Rousseau going up two points to…a 71?  How is he so low even as a rookie?!  (14:22)

I think they do tend to keep rookies quite low, but he is basically a starter now and really performing well regardless of rookie status.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@TheyCallMeAndy

@Logic

@MJS

1.  Well deserved.

Played a few online matches today. Knox made noticeably more plays and is quite the weapon now.

As for Josh, well…his rating MUST be due to some bias on the ratings guy’s part, because 89 is preposterously low for a guy doing what Josh is doing. No matter. Despite what the OVR number is, he’s beastly in Madden. Basically unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

You can do nearly anything you want with Josh in Madden. I wouldn’t look at the overall as a detriment too his skill set, but a compliment rather.

His skill set is so unique that even with the lower overall he’s playing at a higher level in Madden, I think his overall may still be lower because for every overall higher he gets he’s just going to be a little more overpowered

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Played a few online matches today. Knox made noticeably more plays and is quite the weapon now.

As for Josh, well…his rating MUST be due to some bias on the ratings guy’s part, because 89 is preposterously low for a guy doing what Josh is doing. No matter. Despite what the OVR number is, he’s beastly in Madden. Basically unstoppable.

i’ve heard stories/rumors here and there…the rating gods at EA are definitely biased. Where that bias comes from is up for debate. Some say personal fandom, others say they’re pressured from above. 

But yeah Josh should be a 95 OVR at least

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, elijah said:

You can do nearly anything you want with Josh in Madden. I wouldn’t look at the overall as a detriment too his skill set, but a compliment rather.

His skill set is so unique that even with the lower overall he’s playing at a higher level in Madden, I think his overall may still be lower because for every overall higher he gets he’s just going to be a little more overpowered

Trying to capture how good a runner/scrambler he is while still having him with the highest throw power makes him seriously OP in Madden and reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I think they do tend to keep rookies quite low, but he is basically a starter now and really performing well regardless of rookie status.

Pretty sure Spencer Brown is like a 65 too. Which is weird because the guy whose starting job he took (Williams) is like a 77 or something. But Madden has always been terrible at getting ratings right, especially for rookies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Pretty sure Spencer Brown is like a 65 too. Which is weird because the guy whose starting job he took (Williams) is like a 77 or something. But Madden has always been terrible at getting ratings right, especially for rookies.

It's much easier for Madden to undervalue rookies and adjust them as they play vs having a guy they rate stupidly high that's terrible. The top 10 rookies tend to be decently rated but as the first round progresses they get worse

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Allen has x-factor by the end of the season. But he went down to an 86. After the patriots blowout perfect game he went up to 88 I think. Anyone know if he went up again? My EA password needs to be reset. 

Pretty sure it went up, but they added a new feature, the coaching brake. No matter how great Allen plays, you lose the game.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.