Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

I was told that nobody was for abortion, just choice.

They’re not even trying to hide it. They’re actively advocating for the right to kill innocent unborn children, knowing full well that abortions are rarely performed to save the mother’s (or birthing person’s) life and frequently performed for the purpose of later-stage birth control.

Reminder: The title of this thread is completely incorrect.

Edited by B-Man

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/g3309/stupid-things-politicians-say/

"Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they're a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?" — current Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, arguing that male babies ***** in utero.

"Understand though, that when we talk about exceptions, we talk about rape, *****, health of a woman, life of a woman. Life of the woman is not an exception." — former Illinois congressman Joe Walsh

Reminder: the title of the thread is accurate

Edited by Backintheday544

These are stupid and ignorant statements, of course, but as we’ve learned by now, it can always get much, much worse.

17 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Reminder: the title of the thread is accurate

Not even close Cosmo,

As was clearly spelled out earlier in this thread, most abortions are before heartbeats are detectable.

Abortion is "basically illegal" is a lie

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

These are stupid and ignorant statements, of course, but as we’ve learned by now, it can always get much, much worse.

Not even close Cosmo,

As was clearly spelled out earlier in this thread, most abortions are before heartbeats are detectable.

Abortion is "basically illegal" is a lie

Fake news 

Lets not forget the people passing these laws are doing it because fetuses masterbate :

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/g3309/stupid-things-politicians-say/

"Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they're a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?" — current Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, arguing that male babies ***** in utero.

People passing these laws think if you’re raped you can’t get pregnant: 2. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Edited by Backintheday544

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Fake news 

Lets not forget the people passing these laws are doing it because fetuses masterbate :

"Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they're a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?" — current Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, arguing that male babies ***** in utero.

People passing these laws think if you’re raped you can’t get pregnant: 2. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

You actually might be mentally ill and I seriously recommend going to a doctor and seeking help if you read about a baby having pleasure and you think of it on sexual terms. Infants recieve a lot of good feelings from contact with other humans. You also quote a dead mans quote from a decade ago, who has no impact on the current debate unless I get to use Margaret Dangers hope to use eugenics.

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

You actually might be mentally ill and I seriously recommend going to a doctor and seeking help if you read about a baby having pleasure and you think of it on sexual terms. Infants recieve a lot of good feelings from contact with other humans. You also quote a dead mans quote from a decade ago, who has no impact on the current debate unless I get to use Margaret Dangers hope to use eugenics.

Im not providing an opinion but just giving articles some on the other side may not read, just call me A-Man.

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Im not providing an opinion but just giving articles some on the other side may not read, just call me A-Man.

Why not simply say you posted the articles without thinking too deeply about it- most of us do it- and upon further reflection the information is garbage.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Why not simply say you posted the articles without thinking too deeply about it- most of us do it- and upon further reflection the information is garbage.

The information I shared were just Republican quotes in the issue. Don’t you think it’s important to understand what the people who are writing these laws think about the issue?

Did a Republican say: Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby . . . If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?

Did a Republican say: . “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

The answer yes. So the information isn’t garbage, they’re factually true and relevant to the topic at hand.

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The information I shared were just Republican quotes in the issue. Don’t you think it’s important to understand what the people who are writing these laws think about the issue?

Did a Republican say: Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby . . . If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?

Did a Republican say: . “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

The answer yes. So the information isn’t garbage, they’re factually true and relevant to the topic at hand.

Your multi-post point boils down to “people say  dumb things.”?   

A governor from Virginia claiming to be for the people dressed in black face as youngster, pretended maybe he didn’t, and spoke eloquently about snuffing the life of a baby born alive.  

People say dumb things. Some will be Republican. Some will be Democrats. Some will be independents.   Yes, the people writing the laws should be heard from, and frankly, those ignoring them should be held accountable.  Sometimes neither happens, mostly because people do dumb stuff and say dumb things. 

Expanding a bit, people of all races,color, gender and creed say and do dumb things.  

20 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they're a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?" — current Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, arguing that male babies ***** in utero.

You added after the actual quote that you believe an infant has sexual thoughts. That is not part of the quote and is disturbing that someone would sexualize a child that way. 

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
Needed to delete some

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your multi-post point boils down to “people say  dumb things.”?   

A governor from Virginia claiming to be for the people dressed in black face as youngster, pretended maybe he didn’t, and spoke eloquently about snuffing the life of a baby born alive.  

People say dumb things. Some will be Republican. Some will be Democrats. Some will be independents.   Yes, the people writing the laws should be heard from, and frankly, those ignoring them should be held accountable.  Sometimes neither happens, mostly because people do dumb stuff and say dumb things. 

Expanding a bit, people of all races,color, gender and creed say and do dumb things.  

While I agree, I think there is a difference between just saying something and a belief.

Lets take this quote for example: say: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

So he said it, it’s dumb, we all know it’s dumb. But what if that’s his belief? What if he thinks the female body can’t get pregnant during rape.

Well if that’s his belief, then when he’s writing or voting on legislation, he probably wouldn’t support exceptions for rape. Not from a policy or moral stand point but because he can’t pass 4th grade science.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

o you do belie

You added after the actual quote that you believe an infant has sexual thoughts. That is not part of the quote and is disturbing that someone would sexualize a child that way. 

That’s a quote from the article.

30 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

While I agree, I think there is a difference between just saying something and a belief.

Lets take this quote for example: say: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

So he said it, it’s dumb, we all know it’s dumb. But what if that’s his belief? What if he thinks the female body can’t get pregnant during rape.

Well if that’s his belief, then when he’s writing or voting on legislation, he probably wouldn’t support exceptions for rape. Not from a policy or moral stand point but because he can’t pass 4th grade science.

That’s a quote from the article.

That seems sort of arbitrary to me, because with politicians you rarely know what they believe v what they say.  

Biden and company suggested the vax should be viewed with suspicion of developed and administered under the prior administration.  

Do you think they believed that?  Did they have insider information on contraindications with the vaccine that they are hiding from us now?  Biden just implemented a  pseudo-mandate for some Americans, demanding employers require vax under threat of massive fines.  Did he do that so when people have reactions to the vax the Admin didn’t trust just 11 months ago the govt had plausible deniability? 

Biden has indicated that black folks who didn’t support him aren’t  black at all.  How can he shepherd with an eye toward the greater good when he lacks a fundamental understanding that sharing skin pigmentation does not require that people walk in lockstep?   He has something to do with the legislative agenda, no?  

Why you figure no one worried about his history of that sort of rhetoric and his history of legislation?  Seems far more dangerous than some dipshyt who struggles with basic biology.  

U.S. District Court Judge Robert L. Pitman sided with the Biden DOJ and has halted enforcement of SB8, Texas’s six-week abortion ban:

Now, here’s what happens next. . .

AG Ken Paxton has already appealed the ruling to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I see this other thread with a false title  is still here.

Update:

Truely inspiring!!

I hope those kids grow up to cure cancer or just have a happy life with their mother.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m waiting to see where the Texas tries to go after her for criminal charges

That’s we this ***** is going to get really real

Oh - like they are doing in Ohio?

👆This doesn’t get enough coverage

And, this too, is why the cult won’t win in 24.

Notice - no one from the peanut gallery is even challenging this - because they know.

They also know these nutters are going too far against women.

• Sad 1