Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Texas is going to lose badly. When the dust settles, Texas is not going to be allowed to pass laws that they absolve themselves from being responsible for. 

I think they may get a trim of Roe as a compromise, but I largely agree with you.  Roberts has time to work on Kavanaugh and Barrett. 

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Doesn’t work for COVID.   You know that.  Side effects aren’t worth the “taking” of the drug for that purpose.  This is why we have to keep harping on the HCQ issue. 

What I know, and knew from the beginning (besides that it works), is that HCQ was safe.  You even admitted it was safe.  So reverting back to the "side effects" argument is interesting.  If not very telling.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How does this discussion have anything to do with your life up in Canada? Hang out your shingle and start providing abortions. 

Hey Dude, go wax a board, but watch for the great whites,

Ps, we have the same right extremes who the Lord says no to both abortion and masks.

4 hours ago, LeviF said:

When do I get my machine guns and Blackhawk?

The Taliban gave lots

14 hours ago, Doc said:

What I know, and knew from the beginning (besides that it works), is that HCQ was safe.  You even admitted it was safe.  So reverting back to the "side effects" argument is interesting.  If not very telling.

Hoax.  Safe and effective are two different things.  And safe is relative; it does not mean perfect.  You know as well as anyone that there are side effects associated with HCQ, some of which are significant.  So instead of questioning the efficacy and utility of the drug for this purpose, you promoted its wanton, random use, including as a prophylactic.  "Just enough to keep me safe" was your quote.  Unfortunately, your foolishness contributed to a false sense of security for those who took the drug as a defense mechanism.  And, sadly, giving the COVID patients the drug indiscriminately distracted from what could have been effective treatments and exposed said patients to an unnecessary risk of harm.  

So, sadly, that is why I must continue my work here.  If one less person relies on the hoaxy medical advice of "Doc," then I have done my job.  Until then, sir, lay off the HCQ and try not to take too much horse dewormer with breakfast. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Safe and effective are two different things.  And safe is relative; it does not mean perfect.  You know as well as anyone that there are side effects associated with HCQ, some of which are significant.  So instead of questioning the efficacy and utility of the drug for this purpose, you promoted its wanton, random use, including as a prophylactic.  "Just enough to keep me safe" was your quote.  Unfortunately, your foolishness contributed to a false sense of security for those who took the drug as a defense mechanism.  And, sadly, giving the COVID patients the drug indiscriminately distracted from what could have been effective treatments and exposed said patients to an unnecessary risk of harm.  

So, sadly, that is why I must continue my work here.  If one less person relies on the hoaxy medical advice of "Doc," then I have done my job.  Until then, sir, lay off the HCQ and try not to take too much horse dewormer with breakfast. 

LOL!  "Does not mean perfect."  Well then, let's stop administering vaccines!  They aren't perfectly safe according to your silly standards.  They're as "unsafe" as HCQ.  Actually they could be even more unsafe judging by the fact that we've heard about a lot of cases of adverse effects from them, yet not a single report of someone being harmed, much less dying, from taking an appropriate dose of HCQ (and again, millions of people are on it daily and have been for years and you don't see any commercials by other ambulance chasers trying to get people to sue).  And considering the Dems/medias lies about HCQ, you'd figure there would be many, right? 

I've already pointed-out the study that was properly done that showed HCQ was effective.  No, it's not a "magic bullet" and no one ever claimed it would be.  But, since we know it's safe, even if it saved 10%, that's worth it, right?  Again I'm talking mostly in the early stages when we had nothing else.

Your bolded line has no basis in reality.  Show me these people who took HCQ and then got Wuhan virus because they thought they were invincible.  They're about as many as those who don't have any form of ID for voting.  Meanwhile other treatments were being sought, so that statement is just dumb.

Look, you've been duped.  There's no shame in admitting it once it's happened.  The shame is in continuing to allow yourself to be duped.  Because then you just look like a fool.  The people who have duped you don't care.  You were just a useful idiot to them to get Trump out of, and their idiot in, office.  And now we're paying the price.  Great job, Gibbons!

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  "Does not mean perfect."  Well then, let's stop administering vaccines!  They aren't perfectly safe according to your silly standards.  They're as "unsafe" as HCQ.  Actually they could be even more unsafe judging by the fact that we've heard about a lot of cases of adverse effects from them, yet not a single report of someone being harmed, much less dying, from taking an appropriate dose of HCQ (and again, millions of people are on it daily and have been for years and you don't see any commercials by other ambulance chasers trying to get people to sue).  And considering the Dems/medias lies about HCQ, you'd figure there would be many, right? 

I've already pointed-out the study that was properly done that showed HCQ was effective.  No, it's not a "magic bullet" and no one ever claimed it would be.  But, since we know it's safe, even if it saved 10%, that's worth it, right?  Again I'm talking mostly in the early stages when we had nothing else.

Your bolded line has no basis in reality.  Show me these people who took HCQ and then got Wuhan virus because they thought they were invincible.  They're about as many as those who don't have any form of ID for voting.  Meanwhile other treatments were being sought, so that statement is just dumb.

Look, you've been duped.  There's no shame in admitting it once it's happened.  The shame is in continuing to allow yourself to be duped.  Because then you just look like a fool.  The people who have duped you don't care.  You were just a useful idiot to them to get Trump out of, and their idiot in, office.  And now we're paying the price.  Great job, Gibbons!

What's dumb is saying that HCQ was both a prophylactic and an effective treatment with respect to COVID.  It's plain stupid.  Untested, unproven.  And yet something for which "Doc" advocated.  He even said he took enough to keep himself safe.  How that works is beyond me, since the drug was never proven to have efficacy with respect to COVID. What's telling is that you've never attached your name, nor to my knowledge, has any physician attached his or her name, publicly to the position you take with respect to the utility of HCQ as a COVID-fighting mechanism. 

Maybe you'll find another "miracle drug."  Could be Ivermectin.  Could be Flintstones vitamins.  Could be something Ponce de Leon put in a vault.  Either way, your advocacy for HCQ as a treatment for COVID was and is straight BS.  You know it. I know it.  And I'll make sure that we don't forget about it.  

Back to the thread.......

REMINDER:

No, Texas's New Law Does Not Ban Abortions - Or Even A Majority Of Them

After the Supreme Court declined the ACLU’s request to block SB8, the new Texas law, which bans abortion after a baby’s heartbeat is detected, went into effect in the state immediately.  Almost predictably, the left went into a total meltdown, suggesting that this was an all-out ban on abortions, which it very much isn’t. 

Liberals and Progressives alike complained that this law was somehow an affront to women everywhere (you know, after they have spent the last four years telling us to call them “birthing persons”), claiming that the majority of abortions occur after a heartbeat is detected.

Well, that’s just not true.  In fact, the vast majority of abortions occur within the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and a plurality within the first six weeks.

According to Abort83.com, a site that compiles abortion statistics, a maximum of 40.5% of abortions occurs within the first six weeks of pregnancy, which in Texas are all still legal.  In weeks 7-9, another 37.5% of abortions take place. In total, 78% of all abortions take place before the beginning of week 10.

While heartbeats can possibly be detected as early as weeks 6 or 7, WebMD states that the majority of doctors don’t test until after eight weeks with ultrasound, and not until 12 weeks with fetal doppler. If we attribute half of the week 7-9 abortions as a split, that would be 18.75%. That would suggest that 59.25% of all abortions occur before a heartbeat is even detected, which, again, is still legal in Texas.

While the law contains a requirement for doctors to verify a heartbeat before an abortion is performed, it does not specify how that verification must take place. If doctors chose to verify by doppler (and you know there will be some who want to skirt the intent of the law, just like this despicable clinic Mike Miller wrote about), it would extend the potential for abortions past 10 weeks, leading to the potential of 80% of the abortions taking place previously to continue.

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021/09/03/no-the-texas-law-does-not-ban-abortions-or-even-a-majority-of-them-n437269

https://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What's dumb is saying that HCQ was both a prophylactic and an effective treatment with respect to COVID.  It's plain stupid.  Untested, unproven.  And yet something for which "Doc" advocated.  He even said he took enough to keep himself safe.  How that works is beyond me, since the drug was never proven to have efficacy with respect to COVID. What's telling is that you've never attached your name, nor to my knowledge, has any physician attached his or her name, publicly to the position you take with respect to the utility of HCQ as a COVID-fighting mechanism. 

Maybe you'll find another "miracle drug."  Could be Ivermectin.  Could be Flintstones vitamins.  Could be something Ponce de Leon put in a vault.  Either way, your advocacy for HCQ as a treatment for COVID was and is straight BS.  You know it. I know it.  And I'll make sure that we don't forget about it.  

Truer words have never been spoken.  And with that damning admission, my work here is done.

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.......

REMINDER:

No, Texas's New Law Does Not Ban Abortions - Or Even A Majority Of Them

After the Supreme Court declined the ACLU’s request to block SB8, the new Texas law, which bans abortion after a baby’s heartbeat is detected, went into effect in the state immediately.  Almost predictably, the left went into a total meltdown, suggesting that this was an all-out ban on abortions, which it very much isn’t. 

Liberals and Progressives alike complained that this law was somehow an affront to women everywhere (you know, after they have spent the last four years telling us to call them “birthing persons”), claiming that the majority of abortions occur after a heartbeat is detected.

Well, that’s just not true.  In fact, the vast majority of abortions occur within the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and a plurality within the first six weeks.

According to Abort83.com, a site that compiles abortion statistics, a maximum of 40.5% of abortions occurs within the first six weeks of pregnancy, which in Texas are all still legal.  In weeks 7-9, another 37.5% of abortions take place. In total, 78% of all abortions take place before the beginning of week 10.

While heartbeats can possibly be detected as early as weeks 6 or 7, WebMD states that the majority of doctors don’t test until after eight weeks with ultrasound, and not until 12 weeks with fetal doppler. If we attribute half of the week 7-9 abortions as a split, that would be 18.75%. That would suggest that 59.25% of all abortions occur before a heartbeat is even detected, which, again, is still legal in Texas.

While the law contains a requirement for doctors to verify a heartbeat before an abortion is performed, it does not specify how that verification must take place. If doctors chose to verify by doppler (and you know there will be some who want to skirt the intent of the law, just like this despicable clinic Mike Miller wrote about), it would extend the potential for abortions past 10 weeks, leading to the potential of 80% of the abortions taking place previously to continue.

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021/09/03/no-the-texas-law-does-not-ban-abortions-or-even-a-majority-of-them-n437269

https://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Don't listen, don't tell.  Simple.

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  And with that damning admission, my work here is done.

Exactly what you said when trump  told you HCQ was an effective treatment for COVID.  My work here is done.  Let me know when you have something from the relevant scientific community to back up your garbage position about HCQ’s COVID efficacy.  Until then, good luck with the horse dewormer. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Exactly what you said when trump  told you HCQ was an effective treatment for COVID.  My work here is done.  Let me know when you have something from the relevant scientific community to back up your garbage position about HCQ’s COVID efficacy.  Until then, good luck with the horse dewormer. 

DeWormer.jpg SectionC3

Meanwhile back at the thread,

Texas Is the Reason

By Kathryn Lopez

https://townhall.com/columnists/kathrynlopez/2021/09/04/texas-is-the-reason-n2595294

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

My vaccine was put improperly into my arm and caused my much pain, does that make it not worthwhile? HCQ is good for lungs as a preventative measure against infections that stiffen the tissue of the lungs. My uncle took it for year many times (50+)while working in India in the 1980s 

On 9/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Texas doesn't lose. The country loses. 

The religious right (the taliban of North America) has forced their controls on everyone. I am surprised that a portion of tax dollars don't go to the church, or at least donations gave a double deduction. That is next.

Awe, Jim and Tammy Fae, bring back the good old days.

There’s a lot of moving parts but what’s very clear is that 70 percent of the country doesn’t like the 30 percent and continues to marginalize them, which is causing them to lash out. 

It will turn to violence soon. There’s no doubt in my mind that the North will be putting the squeeze on the South real soon. 

The GOP abandoned democracy and that’s made it impossible for a healthy multi-party political system. As the party continues to shrink, it’s only going to get worse, until something is finally done.

Their goal now is to take control by force, an Apartheid, and that’s going to be met with force. 

It won’t start out with bombs. It will start with the removal of federal funding, starving these states out, to change political behavior. 

Truth is, these states don’t have any industry and they’ll just need to be put in check. They can’t sustain themselves.

It wouldn’t take much to turn DeSantis into AOC in a matter of weeks if we took the money away and they couldn’t run on lowering your taxes every election cycle and quit the nonsense. 

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Governor said:

There’s a lot of moving parts but what’s very clear is that 70 percent of the country doesn’t like the 30 percent and continues to marginalize them, which is causing them to lash out. 

It will turn to violence soon. There’s no doubt in my mind that the North will be putting the squeeze on the South real soon. 

The GOP abandoned democracy and that’s made it impossible for a healthy multi-party political system. As the party continues to shrink, it’s only going to get worse, until something is finally done.

Their goal now is to take control by force, an Apartheid, and that’s going to be met with force. 

It won’t start out with bombs. It will start with the removal of federal funding, starving these states out, to change political behavior. 

Truth is, these states don’t have any industry and they’ll just need to be put in check. They can’t sustain themselves.

It wouldn’t take much to turn DeSantis into AOC in a matter of weeks if we took the money away and they couldn’t run on lowering your taxes every election cycle and quit the nonsense. 

Interesting thoughts!

What I cannot understand is the need for religion to force itself on others. 

If you do not believe in something, do not do it.

We have long established in western cultures that murder is wrong, that stoning is assault, that a justice system is the way of dealing with outside activities, that private holdings are ok, that selling of daughters is wrong, that women are equal, that all people are free to practice their religion, as long ss it fits inside the parameters of our law.

Abortion is like the final piece after 200 years. Most of society accepts the need and we are just looking for the exact point of acceptance. Some do not want to show flexibility. Sounds alot like ISIS. They have been fighting infidels since the crusades.  

Our society in Western cultures has so many problems today, drugs, gangs, poverty, the 1%, etc. Why oh why do supposedly intelligent people have to hide behind a religious issue with where thought goes out the window. 

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Interesting thoughts!

What I cannot understand is the need for religion to force itself on others. 

If you do not believe in something, do not do it.

We have long established in western cultures that murder is wrong, that stoning is assault, that a justice system is the way of dealing with outside activities, that private holdings are ok, that selling of daughters is wrong, that women are equal, that all people are free to practice their religion, as long ss it fits inside the parameters of our law.

Abortion is like the final piece after 200 years. Most of society accepts the need and we are just looking for the exact point of acceptance. Some do not want to show flexibility. Sounds alot like ISIS. They have been fighting infidels since the crusades.  

Our society in Western cultures has so many problems today, drugs, gangs, poverty, the 1%, etc. Why oh why do supposedly intelligent people have to hide behind a religious issue with where thought goes out the window. 

Religious issue? Abortion isn’t a religious issue. 

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Religious issue? Abortion isn’t a religious issue. 

Your point may have some validity today, but I think it  primarily comes from that base.

"Imagine all the people

Living life in peace"

7 hours ago, Governor said:

And murder hornets, let’s not forget about the GOP and murder hornets. 

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Strong-arm tactics are completely unnecessary when your opposition commits political suicide on the national stage.

As far as political strategy discussion goes, the only interesting question is what to do about the Supreme Court?

As far as abortion policy discussion goes, yeah I think we’re done here.

9 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m going to guess this post to be a troll job, since it is so incredibly stupid that nobody who wrote it would possibly believe anything in it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1