AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@purple haze doesn't see a problem with tickets that sell for 10 cents on the dollar late in the season with 3 home games left on the schedule in a season where the team leads the NFL in point differential and is a likely playoff team.

If they lose this week and are only all-but-promised a lousy wild card berth(:rolleyes:).......could be looking at sub 50K actual attendees next week and less than that the week after when the people visiting family in town have left.

But keep polling fans in spring and summer about whether they want a lid on the stadium or not..........but make sure they have to tell you if they attend all the late season games in their response.😉 

No, I don’t see an issue.  Many tickets have been sold from the team to ticket brokers at full price already.  PS&E made their money.  What people pay a ticket broker on a he secondary market is irrelevant in that case.  You say under 50,000?  Maybe.  But that hasn’t happened.   

You disagree with me.  That’s fine.   The proof is in the building that was proposed.  No roof.  PS&E did studies, surveys, etc.  The people who own the business don’t seem overly concerned about what you’re talking about either. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

The random elements have always been part of the game and any game that has ever been played boils down to execution.  Period.  The Bills had multiple drives into the red zone against New England.   They scored 1 TD.  That ain’t have a thing to do with the weather.  Weather wasn’t bad enough to keep them from getting down there.

Full comfort and control is a red herring.  How do you explain 6 points in Jacksonville?  3 points in Tampa after one half?  Perfect weather didn’t help did it?  The Colts beat their tails.  Played in the same elements.  The Colts executed better.  

Like I said, there's always exceptions & examples to the contrary. Poor play is poor play. But to argue bad elements don't negatively impact skill positions, make games sloppier, or favor the worse teams is disingenuous at best. All the evidence proves this.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

More people show up than don’t.  Many more people actually.  If folks don’t like the elements I get it.  Nothing wrong with them watching from home.  But let’s not act like it’s a majority of fans.  It’s not.   Stadium is mostly full even in bad weather.  If the Bills get bad then late season attendance would be a different story. 

Bills didn’t lose because of the Patriots game plan.  D gave up 14 points.  Offense didn’t execute in the red zone on multiple occasions.  If the offense pulled their weight they win easily.

More people show up than don’t?  Wth…. What does this even mean?  Of course more people show up than don’t. 

I never said there was an attendance problem…..not sure what else you’re trying to imply.  

now onto your second paragraph…..uhhhhh what does this even mean part 2?  You quoted my post and wrote that. What do they have to do with each other or were you just making a different unattached statement there?   The weather caused a team to throw the ball 3 times.  I never mentioned anything about why we lost, just that we lost. 

41 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Like I said, there's always exceptions & examples to the contrary. Poor play is poor play. But to argue bad elements don't negatively impact skill positions, make games sloppier, or favor the worse teams is disingenuous at best. All the evidence proves this.

Bingo

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, beebe said:

Bills tickets were selling as low as $8 to last week's game, and a few for less than that an hour before kickoff, on the resale market. I think downsizing the capacity to 60k makes a bunch of sense.

That’s weather related, not capacity related.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they lose this week and are only all-but-promised a lousy wild card berth(:rolleyes:).......could be looking at sub 50K actual attendees next week and less than that the week after when the people visiting family in town have left.

Lol what?

In 2018 the Bills were 5-10 heading into a meaningless January season finale against the equally bad Dolphins and there were still 67,420 people in attendance.

The chances of a game this season being sub 50k is somewhere between slim and none.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

More people show up than don’t?  Wth…. What does this even mean?  Of course more people show up than don’t. 

I never said there was an attendance problem…..not sure what else you’re trying to imply.  

now onto your second paragraph…..uhhhhh what does this even mean part 2?  You quoted my post and wrote that. What do they have to do with each other or were you just making a different unattached statement there?   The weather caused a team to throw the ball 3 times.  I never mentioned anything about why we lost, just that we lost. 

Bingo

I’m saying the weather issue is an issue for fewer people than social media makes it seem.  

Part 2 was just an observation meant for those who cite lack of ideal weather conditions for the Bills not functioning properly.  

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Sure the weather can impact parts of the game.  The team that executes best under the circumstances will win just as they would under “perfect” conditions.  Weather doesn’t favor either team.   The weather is the same for both.  Go win the game.

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

I’m saying the weather issue is an issue for fewer people than social media makes it seem.  

Part 2 was just an observation meant for those who cite lack of ideal weather conditions for the Bills not functioning properly.  

Put down the fatties

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

let's see the evidence.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Lol what?

In 2018 the Bills were 5-10 heading into a meaningless January season finale against the equally bad Dolphins and there were still 67,420 people in attendance.

The chances of a game this season being sub 50k is somewhere between slim and none.

Were you at the game Sunday?

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Were you at the game Sunday?

E8141-F34-93-B2-4-AC7-B72-B-93-E19-ABFA2

There were over 65k in attendance.

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

These are linked my friend. There is a diehard 50k. I’d argue you could fill 90k Sept 6 but never 90k Jan 6. 

Weather and capacity are not linked.

Capacity is the number of people you can fit in a stadium. Weather is the state of the atmosphere at a place and time in regards heat, dryness, sunshine… etc.

Weather changes. Capacity doesn’t. 

Therefore, if weather is the only (or primary) reason why the Bills can put 90k butts in seats in September, but not December, then it doesn’t make sense to reduce capacity. What makes sense it to mitigate the weather by adding a roof.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

let's see the evidence.

Teams that play in domed or retractable roof stadiums:  New Orleans, Las Vegas, Detroit, Minnesota. Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas,  Houston, Indianapolis and Arizona.   Most are in warm climates.  The evidence is bad teams are bad no matter where they play.  Converse is true.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Teams that play in domed or retractable roof stadiums:  New Orleans, Las Vegas, Detroit, Minnesota. Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas,  Houston, Indianapolis and Arizona.   Most are in warm climates.  The evidence is bad teams are bad no matter where they play.  Converse is true.  

Not a lot of Lombardies in the lobby trophy cases of those towns.

In fact, in the past 25 years, the SB has been won only 8 times by teams who play in warm weather or a dome.  The other 17 years are NE (6), Pittsburgh (2), KC, Broncos (3), Giants (2), GB (2),  Philly----all outdoors and all towns where they certainly may be playing home games in the snow in November/December.

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

E8141-F34-93-B2-4-AC7-B72-B-93-E19-ABFA2

There were over 65k in attendance.

As I thought.........you clearly weren't there.

It was far from 65K in actual attendance.    

The amount of tickets sold(in a year the team was expected to go to the SB by fans) and the ACTUAL attendance on game day are two different things.

Additionally.........there were tons of free-loaders there......as I said the people to my right and in front of me were just there because they had gotten the tickets for free or very cheap(tickets were as low as $8 online and going unsold).

And even then there were dozens of empty seats right in my section which are great seats near the 50 in the lower bowl.   

Late season attendance is an issue.    Always has been and always will be going forward if they insist on an outdoor facility.

The reality is that people don't want to sit out in the cold and especially when they have to drive an hour or 3 to get to the stadium in the first place.........which is common because the Bills are a very "regional" franchise.

Doesn't affect me personally I tailgate out in the elements either way and I'm on site for 10 hours every game and love it.........but as someone who has had to get people to show up to late season games to use up our extra season tickets(for the better part of 30 years now) I know more than some schmo who just lives the Bills experience online.

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not a lot of Lombardies in the lobby trophy cases of those towns.

In fact, in the past 25 years, the SB has been won only 8 times by teams who play in warm weather or a dome.  The other 17 years are NE (6), Pittsburgh (2), KC, Broncos (3), Giants (2), GB (2),  Philly----all outdoors and all towns where they certainly may be playing home games in the snow in November/December.

My previous post on the topic points this out.  Football champs have been primarily cold weather teams in the last 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I thought.........you clearly weren't there.

It was far from 65K in actual attendance.    

The amount of tickets sold(in a year the team was expected to go to the SB by fans) and the ACTUAL attendance on game day are two different things.

Additionally.........there were tons of free-loaders there......as I said the people to my right and in front of me were just there because they had gotten the tickets for free or very cheap(tickets were as low as $8 online and going unsold).

And even then there were dozens of empty seats right in my section which are great seats near the 50 in the lower bowl.   

Late season attendance is an issue.    Always has been and always will be going forward if they insist on an outdoor facility.

The reality is that people don't want to sit out in the cold and especially when they have to drive an hour or 3 to get to the stadium in the first place.........which is common because the Bills are a very "regional" franchise.

Doesn't affect me personally I tailgate out in the elements either way and I'm on site for 10 hours every game and love it.........but as someone who has had to get people to show up to late season games to use up our extra season tickets(for the better part of 30 years now) I know more than some schmo who just lives the Bills experience online.

Check out this classic clip from a Bills game in Dec of 1977. Talk about empty seats. Granted that team sucked but the place looked like a ghost town.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Check out this classic clip from a Bills game in Dec of 1977. Talk about empty seats. Granted that team sucked but the place looked like a ghost town.

Went to this game with my brother and a couple friends from school.   I was 17 and the older guys in our section bought beer for us.  Made a crappy game tolerable.  Several of my favorite players were  on the field.  Bob Chandler and Roland Hooks.  Ferguson was brutal.  

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Went to this game with my brother and a couple friends from school.   I was 17 and the older guys in our section bought beer for us.  Made a crappy game tolerable.  Several of my favorite players were  on the field.  Bob Chandler and Roland Hooks.  Ferguson was brutal.  

I was a kid but I remember those days. The 70's were brutal at least until Knox got there. Then it started to turn around. I still say if the Bills had beaten the Chargers in the 1980 divisional round they were Super Bowl bound. I think they would have crushed Oakland at home in the AFCCG. That loss to SD was probably my first heartbreaking Bills loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.