AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We tend to forget that even back in our SB years, there were times when we didn’t sell out a home playoff game in January. 

True.  But in saying that, let’s not act like the stadium wasn’t mostly full.  80,000 capacity and  about 75,000  people there.

if stadium is 60-62,000 as proposed that probably won’t be an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Buffalo will not get a Final Four NFL Combines or NCAA bowl games.  Those event have minimum requirements for things like hotel rooms within 1 hour of the stadium.  Buffalo/WNY will not make that cut.

I want to say we were just short of the super bowl hotel requirements a few years ago and a decent amount of hotels have been built since. Niagara falls has a lot. If they allow Canada there's even more. We should have enough.

NCAA final 4 requires 60k seat stadium and 10k hotel rooms. If Niagara Falls Canada is included theres 16k right there. I can't find recent numbers for US but as of 2014 the city of buffalo had 2400 rooms. The immediate suburbs have a decent amount and NF NY has a lot. Then it's up to an hour drive. So Batavia, ellicottville, Lockport, Dunkirk. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

Sounds like it is going to be OP. I'd have preferred a downtown retractable roof dome that was closer to the border so the Canadians could get there more easily. I think the a big part of future revenue will be from the Canadian fans and the best way to get the fat cats from Toronto to come to the games and spend on expensive seats is to build a state if the art, amenity laden stadium out of the elements. Then they go to restaurants and stay at hotels. If you put a convention center next to it, even better. Sounds like the state is going to pay for a stadium in OP or would pony up the extra money for a dome downtown. Missed opportunity in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Sounds like it is going to be OP. I'd have preferred a downtown retractable roof dome that was closer to the border so the Canadians could get there more easily. I think the a big part of future revenue will be from the Canadian fans and the best way to get the fat cats from Toronto to come to the games and spend on expensive seats is to build a state if the art, amenity laden stadium out of the elements. Then they go to restaurants and stay at hotels. If you put a convention center next to it, even better. Sounds like the state is going to pay for a stadium in OP or would pony up the extra money for a dome downtown. Missed opportunity in my opinion. 

Think small, be small.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So do you want a multipurpose stadium?

I'll accept Orchard Park but you have to have a roof. And put some development around that stadium. Isn't it insane that not a single hotel was built anywhere near the stadium for almost 50 years????

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

They should have helicopter pad for the fat catz to fly in on so they can show off their wealth 🎰🎰

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We laugh at ol' Dunkirk. But with the border being closed on and off, and the resulting loss of thousands of Canadian fans, is building closer to Rochester and Syracuse such a bad idea?

FFS They built entire domed stadiums for $1.2B in the last few years. Why is adding a dome going to cost $1.5B??

It’s not.  There is NO WAY adding a roof doubles the cost.  Ridiculous. 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't know.  The guy I responded to said why not just spend the extra $1.5 billion to build a dome.  What do I know about building a stadium?   Ask him?

Everything is so expensive now and wages are higher. Lucas Oil Stadium was a bargain by today’s standards. That cost them <$1 Billion. That would cost 2.5-3 now. Inflation is out of control. All the more reason to get the deal done immediately and build. Dome or not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.