8/26 practice - last one open to media

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When Josh looks rusty on Saturday I hope TSW doesnt melt

I fully expect him to look rusty

Its already starting to melt with QB3 talk from last week and all of the "fun" things happening this week with players on the team...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

😅 Per his agents request I bet!

I'm thinking it was the team trying to let Lamar experiment with his throws and not get embarrassed by the press, but WhaddoIknow?

(I *think* Lamar's agent is still hs Mama, for whom I have the greatest respect - but I doubt the team lets her make policy)

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm thinking it was the team trying to let Lamar experiment with his throws and not get embarrassed by the press, but WhaddoIknow?

(I *think* Lamar's agent is still hs Mama, for whom I have the greatest respect - but I doubt the team lets her make policy)

Yes, his agent is still his mother.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not sure who the QB was on this, and I think it was yesterday but...Yowza

I saw a post much earlier today with this. They described it as a "tip drill". 🤔 I somehow doubt that.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes

So if fans can come on  September 1st, won't media be there then, too?  Either way we're likely to get many more reports from that day.

40 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I saw a post much earlier today with this. They described it as a "tip drill". 🤔 I somehow doubt that.

So if fans can come on  September 1st, won't media be there then, too?  Either way we're likely to get many more reports from that day.

Yes, media will be there too I assume. They were touting today as the last regular practice open to the media I guess. 

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Linky?

I would assume, media can come then.  I think the "last practice with media" meant "last practice with media before 3rd game" or maybe "last practice with media before Turk Tuesday August 31

I actually had not realized for some reason that the Sept 1 Open Practice would be JUST the 53 man roster.  Makes it more interesting.

44 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Here it is. I guess he really didn't say it was a tip drill, but well, see for yourself:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/26/buffalo-bills-tip-drill-interception-tredavious-white-andre-smith/

I think the offense was running a passing play, but once Oliver got a hand on it, it became a "tip drill" for the defense.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the offense was running a passing play, but once Oliver got a hand on it, it became a "tip drill" for the defense.

Trying to slow down the video, I don't think Oliver got a hand on it. He got his hand up so maybe the QB had to throw over him. He was around a foot low to touch the ball, though.

The way it's written, I almost wonder whether Oliver's play that they refer to was on an earlier down or something.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Trying to slow down the video, I don't think Oliver got a hand on it. He got his hand up so maybe the QB had to throw over him. He was around a foot low to touch the ball, though.

The way it's written, I almost wonder whether Oliver's play that they refer to was on an earlier down or something.

That could be

20 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Coach then said same timeline for Taron

Did he say anything about Phillips?

Reason I ask is that some members of our media have suggested Phillips and McKenzie will be IR'd to start the season.

"Week to week" sounds plausible to return for opening day, 2 weeks from now, or maybe the week after.

IR would make them unavailable for a minimum of 3 regular season games.

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean I guess Sal is doing his best but that's not much of an injury update on most of the guys who are  injured

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I first read that in the morning, probably before coffee. While going through texts and emails and catching up. So when I saw Tip Drill it just stuck in my head.  It was clearly just a play that went awry for the offense. And a nice defensive effort.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I first read that in the morning, probably before coffee. While going through texts and emails and catching up. So when I saw Tip Drill it just stuck in my head.  It was clearly just a play that went awry for the offense. And a nice defensive effort.

To my eye, it appeared to be Tre just having some ultra-athletic fun, he knew where his open buddy was, and did a push / alley oop to him?!

Edited by Rhode Island Red
Fat, shaky fingers…
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:34 PM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't think he will.

Haha.  Of course chicken littles will say he will as he has only had a great camp, all reports say he has has looked terrible, he looked terrible last year , better receivers with another year w daboll, a contract to motivate him, he is fresh from limited contact, coaching staff was so concerned they made him do extra tine after Games they felt compelled not to play him in, o line is stable for first game, motor looks refreshed, better tight ends, hit 15 straight at one practice frustrating defense,he has forgotten how to run/ scramble ,trubisky looked extremely rusty as the second  string qb so the starter should be worse , we obviously have a detailed game plan to execute in this all important game, he has shown a tendency to regress yearly, it’s a home game so he will be unfamiliar with wind and field conditions,he has never played competitive football before and never with Palmer working on weaknesses,the game plan will likely expose him to new ways to be blindsided.because the game is so important we must win at all costs , it all points to a rookie in the headlights performance for the #5 rated qb overall and we should expect a full game just to shake all the rust off.  Yep, this is a key indicator of what to expect game one against the Steelers cuz we will execute our full playbook today. If we lose the first quarter our season hopes are as good as over.  I am trembling as this one quarter is our SB 4 th quarter by proxy!   Doomed! We never improve as the season progresses so today Is the best we can expect of  of 2021! It’s only down hill from here so say the gurus!   Wow, rust can’t be beaten,,,,,,,I am terrified! 😂😂😂😂😂Sorry, I didn’t mean to be an ass, just sarcastic!  But really, after no preseason at all last year and a squad of vets familiar with Daboll and Frazier, should “ rusty” ever be considered as a legit excuse ever again?  Probably not unless no one can practice at all prior to a season. 

Edited by DrPJax

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Haha.  Of course chicken littles will say he will as he has only had a great camp, all reports say he has has looked terrible, he looked terrible last year , better receivers with another year w daboll, a contract to motivate him, he is fresh from limited contact, coaching staff was so concerned they made him do extra tine after Games they felt compelled not to play him in, o line is stable for first game, motor looks refreshed, better tight ends, hit 15 straight at one practice frustrating defense,he has forgotten how to run/ scramble ,trubisky looked extremely rusty as the second  string qb so the starter should be worse , we obviously have a detailed game plan to execute is all important game, he has shown a tendency to regress yearly, it’s a home game so he will be unfamiliar with wind and field conditions,he has never played football before a d never with Palmer working on issues, the game plan will expose him to new ways to be blindsided.because the game is so important we must win at all costs , it all points to a rookie in the headlights performance for the #5 rated qb overall and we should expect a full game just to shake all the rust off.  Yep, this is a key indicator of what to expect game one against the Steelers cuz we will execute our full game plan today. If we lose the first quarter our season hopes are as good as over.  I am trembling as this one quarter is our SB 4 th quarter by proxy!   Doomed! We never improve as the season progresses so today Is the best of 2021! It’s only down hill from here so say the gurus!   Wow, rust can’t be beaten,,,,,,,I am terrified! 😂😂😂😂😂

Could anything be more predictable at this point than Josh Allen looking good?