Bills Secondary Ranked 2nd by Sharp Football

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2021-nfl-defensive-secondary-rankings-by-positional-unit/

Tre’Davious White, who allowed -0.16 EPA per target in 2020, anchors our second-ranked secondary, which returns every starter including one of the league’s best safety duos in Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer. 

I think it will be more effective in 2021 than 2020 with the revamped DL. Lotuleilei, Rousseau, Obada, Boogie and an improved Epenesa for Jefferson and Murphy (that is an unbelievable upgrade)

Ofc, you still have moronic rankings that put Tre at #95. SMH. But good to see at least some non-Bills sources recognize his greatness.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I read all the lists. I feel Buffalo should be higher in every one but secondary. What a homer I am.

Then again, we were in the conference championship game last year and it sure looks like we'll be going back there again this year.....

I think our OL pass blocks extremely well and that's the most important thing. I also think t will be better this year.

I think we are super deep at WR this year.

I think our front seven should be a tad higher with all the many changes.

I think our run blocking will be better this year, with better plays, and our backs are NFL good (though not great).

Oh! Josh at #7 is a joke. He's two or three.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

I read all the lists. I feel Buffalo should be higher in every one but secondary. What a homer I am.

Then again, we were in the conference championship game last year and it sure looks like we'll be going back there again this year.....

I think our OL pass blocks extremely well and that's the most important thing. I also think t will be better this year.

I think our run blocking will be better this year, with better plays, and our backs are NFL good (though not great).

Josh Allen 7th in top 100 ot something else

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Josh Allen 7th in top 100 ot something else

I’m not gonna knock it, given 1, 2 other guys being evaluated as such.  Obviously going to be at least 2 Defense players in the front 7 choices, whose tormenting of Allen won’t soon be forgotten. At least D. Henry should rep RB..

jmo

Go Bills!

Reading about the defensive front sevens where they have the Bills at #17 is a real crapshoot. The Bills are very hard to gauge with their 11 man DL. I think the worst it will Be is decent, but the best could be top ten. The Bills aren't the only team with new personnel counting on returning covid misses, Rookies or injured players returning. Therefore I think their rank should be.... second level of three levels. We're in the not sure level, but could be level with a lot of teams. On the downside though, the Bills are one of the few teams with no surefire blue-chip player in the front seven.... imho anyway.

We might be special if two of five young players can excel. Groot, boogie, Ed, DJ And AJ. I think we have a good shot here.

Then we can play a recommitted Addison less and Jerry Hughes less. I think less is more with both guys at this point. If Star can give us 40 high quality snaps a game. I think Harry is a lock and will have his best year as a Bill if he stays healthy. I worry what can Butler do? Zimmer is a quality rotation guy. 

Then at LB we might have reasonable back ups for our starters who tend to get beat up? Can Tremaine step up? I don't know? It depends on how you look at it. He has been pretty consistent for good and bad since being drafted and he has already played three seasons. Why would he get better now? Because he just turned 23. You're kidding me! Nope? This is where any untapped potential lies. Can he play faster? Can he play with more confidence? More of an edge? Tougher?

We'll see..... The cookie is what he is at this point, right? Maybe not. He had a tremendous eye for the all as a rookie and has sort of lost that. It would really help if he got that back and started getting that ball back for again at a consistent rate. Maybe behind our improved front seven, he finds his magic touch again. Maybe he gives it Tremaine while he is at it as well.

They both better be ready to lump up some running backs because that is everyone we play plan to beat us except for KC and Tampa.

Can the Bills score big to start games and make that plan look silly?

Absolutely. They are going to do this with regularity this year unless injuries occur. While Daboll clearly worked on the run game this summer, the run game still will only be more of a minor piece of our offense. We are a pass crazy offense. We will try to ice games with the run as soon as teams play the pass with utmost respect. That's when we have to run successfully. Look for JA to run and pass on third and short again. We won't count on the backs very often here. JA is just too good.

That will be the story of nearly every Bills game this season..... Can they keep Allen off the field?  Hopefully our defense looks more like it does when we play the crows and less like it does when we play the chefs....

5 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Yeah I agree with everything you said...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Reading the front seven list - just another reason to pity Jets fans:

21. New York Jets

The front seven is New York’s top-ranked unit, primarily based on the addition of Carl Lawson, arguably the most talented player on the roster. Though depth is lacking, one elite pass rusher changes how an offense game plans for your defense.

OUCH