Forbes 2021 NFL franchise values

Beast

On 8/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, gjv said:

Unfortunately, Buffalo does not have the proper economic infrastucture that justifies a billion dollar football stadium, no matter who pays for it. That being said, should the area go forward with the construction, it's finance should be considered a pure unjustifiable Lark. As a "BUFFALO" Bills fan, I sure hope it's built, and the Bills remain in Buffalo forever.

Can it not be financed like a mortgage? Sell some bonds, rooms and meals taxes, the dreaded PSLs. Someone get creative.

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

you are correct. I was wrong kinda.

If you add in Rochester it puts Bills at #30. Only NO and GB then are smaller.

But if you add Rochester to Bills pop then NO will want to add Baton Rogue and Biloxi so that then puts Bills back at #31. 🤷‍♀️ GB remains smallest even if you add Milwaukee.

If you add the total population of Western New York, which is the real barometer... Cuz everybody fleed the city and moved outwards 

It would put us at 22 

The population of Western New York is 2.7 million

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, Buffalo716 said:

The state and county will pay for at least half .. not the city of buffalo

NYS Taxpayers funded half of Yankee stadium and the Mets stadium 

And The Buffalo Bills are the only football team in New York state.. New York state is going to pony a good amount when all is said and done

I know we all say that the Bills are the only team in NY State, but in reality the Giants and Jets play next to their City's skyline, we don't.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p_KZqj2YVSM/UrrvDrJ7hCI/AAAAAAAAUt4/vwOuBwVjhIM/s1600/metlife_gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, P Riv said:

I know we all say that the Bills are the only team in NY State, but in reality the Giants and Jets play next to their City's skyline, we don't.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p_KZqj2YVSM/UrrvDrJ7hCI/AAAAAAAAUt4/vwOuBwVjhIM/s1600/metlife_gallery.jpg

Yeah, that's really close.

They're only one state away! - )

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, P Riv said:

So being able to see the skyline qualifies as being in the city? 

I can see Toronto from parts of Buffalo.. am I Canadian?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

So being able to see the skyline qualifies as being in the city? 

I can see Toronto from parts of Buffalo.. am I Canadian?

They are the NY Giants and Jets, as in representing the city and not the state, no?  Seems their stadium is right in the middle of the NYC metro area.  Go figure

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=ajOOypNa&id=3B8C2EBBCFB44712036E211E23634A62F1D35DF4&thid=OIP.ajOOypNaOIfZoq9cqtxC-gHaFL&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fstatic.vecteezy.com%2fsystem%2fresources%2fpreviews%2f000%2f162%2f877%2foriginal%2fgreater-new-york-city-map-vector.jpg&cdnurl=https%3a%2f%2fth.bing.com%2fth%2fid%2fR.6a338eca935a3887d9a2af5caadc42fa%3frik%3d9F3T8WJKYyMeIQ%26pid%3dImgRaw%26r%3d0&exph=980&expw=1400&q=New+York+City+Metro+Area+Map&simid=607994071604857208&FORM=IRPRST&ck=307620E2B0780E122B4D0164FF5388EE&selectedIndex=28&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0

I cringe when I hear my fellow Bills fans say that age old remark that just makes us look like Gomers.... Travel more.

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

Except the Giants and Jets are headquartered in New Jersey.  Meaning that while they have the NYC name, most of their players live and they play all their home games in, and the players and team pay most of their taxes to, New Jersey.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Except the Giants and Jets are headquartered in New Jersey.  Meaning that while they have the NYC name, most of their players live and they play all their home games in, and the players and team pay most of their taxes to, New Jersey.

All arguments aside, the fact remains it looks and sounds different to anyone outside WNY and doesn't reflect well.  I've seen the reaction many times.

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

All arguments aside, the fact remains it looks and sounds different to anyone outside WNY and doesn't reflect well.  I've seen the reaction many times.

is this really a concern to you?  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

The reaction is not because people who say it don't know that NYC is close to East Rutherford NJ: it's because they know the person who is saying it is correct and they don't like to hear it.  The teams are HQ'd and play in Jersey.  That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

No, the reaction is generally along the lines of laughing at taking pride in something not even worthy of note to anyone outside of our region.  They might as well smirk and pat you on the head rather than say anything.  

Go to Metlife Stadium, try an experiment.  Anyway....pointless digression.

29 minutes ago, P Riv said:

No, the reaction is generally along the lines of laughing at taking pride in something not even worthy of note to anyone outside of our region.  They might as well smirk and pat you on the head rather than say anything.  

Go to Metlife Stadium, try an experiment.  Anyway....pointless digression.

Go to MetLife and dare to say the Jets or Giants play and are HQ'd in Jersey?  LOL!  Good one.

• Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, Doc said:

The reaction is not because people who say it don't know that NYC is close to East Rutherford NJ: it's because they know the person who is saying it is correct and they don't like to hear it.  The teams are HQ'd and play in Jersey.  That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

I think the reaction is more along the lines of nobody caring because they're still the NYC teams to them even if they play a couple miles away. I get that that's not what Buffalo716 was talking about in his original post though.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills rank dead last. This only further substantiates the idea that the Pegula’s will probably have to receive fairly substantial public funding for a new stadium. The franchise (as a business) simply can’t generate enough operating income to suggest that a Billion dollar plus stadium needs to be paid for through the team’s profitability.

The harsh reality is that Buffalo has an NFL team thanks to a bit of a fluke of history. 

But Green Bay is a booming metropolis huh?

On 8/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Bills Stadium to City Hall - 11.6 Miles

Jets/Giants Stadium to Times Square - 7.9 miles

😳😳😳😳🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

what??? lol.

it is 11 miles and 31 min drive from Jets/Giants Stadium to NYC City Hall (in civic center area)

it is 10.9 miles and 19 min drive from Highmark Stadium to Buffalo City Hall.(or 10.6 and 21 on other route)

On 8/9/2021 at 6:05 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Can it not be financed like a mortgage? Sell some bonds, rooms and meals taxes, the dreaded PSLs. Someone get creative.

most are as govt sells bonds.

Edited by cba fan