Olympics Thread Part 2

Mike in Horseheads

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Kinda a tough spot.  You laid ground rules out in the original post.  Sometimes controversies show up at the door.  Original should have been left open and weathered the storm, IMO

It got out of hand, no saving.

... @flaz says he's never watching golf again if Rory Sabbatini wins the Olympic gold. He's in 3rd right now

I cannot believe the first thread had to be locked.

It's the bloody Olympics for crying out loud.  You know, world peace and all that stuff?

That said, Aotearoa - New Zealand has had a fun run at medals the last few nights.

Here is the medal per capita count.  (not seems to be updated frequently enough.)

https://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:2020

• Agree 1

I had wanted to highlight the ROC women’s volleyball player Nataliya Goncharova, who at 34 was the player of the match in beating our 🇺🇸 ladies 3 sets to 0.

Wow. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. 😍. Where is LABillsFan with his Russian mail-order brides site?

68F07189-1621-492D-8F50-D61BE57CEF6A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I cannot believe the first thread had to be locked.

It's the bloody Olympics for crying out loud.  You know, world peace and all that stuff?

That said, Aotearoa - New Zealand has had a fun run at medals the last few nights.

Here is the medal per capita count.  (not seems to be updated frequently enough.)

https://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:2020

As you indicated, it is outdated. San Marino now has two medals, increasing their lead. I don't think anybody will catch them. And they sent a total of only 5 athletes to Japan.

Edited by DrW

Rapinoe didn't want to give any credit to Canada in her interview immediately after the match. She said "Obviously, we don't want to lose to Canada. I've never lost to Canada." Clearly indicating how little she thought of them. All she talked about was the US mistakes.

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Rapinoe didn't want to give any credit to Canada in her interview immediately after the match. She said "Obviously, we don't want to lose to Canada. I've never lost to Canada." Clearly indicating how little she thought of them. All she talked about was the US mistakes.

Go Australia! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.