Around the League Training Camp Thread

1 hour ago, mannc said:

So they’re just going to hide Fields on the bench every time the Bears go up against a good defensive player? What’s Aaron Donald going to do to him?  Kill him?  Under the new rules, AD is barely allowed to breathe on him.  Anyway, Fields was the starting QB for Ohio State, ffs.  I think he can handle it.

AD has always struck me as a clean player, also. He's not like an Ndamukong Suh, or a Burfict.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

it gets better 

I'm sure that will give a boost of confidence for him. Even being joint practice it's still good numbers. I don't know how bad or good Giants D are doing, but I know they didn't just let him pick em apart like that

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/25/with-cam-newton-out-mac-jones-is-seizing-his-opportunity/

As I said elsewhere, Newton's decision to not get vaccinated may end up being a pretty poor business decision. Florio makes an excellent point about Belichick/McDaniel not wanting to deal ever again with a surprise quarantine of their starting QB in the middle of the season. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:20 AM, billsfan89 said:

I feel like Lawrence will have a Matt Ryan type career. A very good QB who flirts with being elite. Not saying they are the same kind of player but just that type of career trajectory. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily. 

Ryan won an MVP and should have won a SB MVP if not for terrible decision making by Kyle Shanahan late in the game.  He's been a pretty terrific player albeit with some ups and downs over the years. He was actually pretty good last year despite losing Julio Jones for half the season and the Falcons fielding a horrible defense and one of the worst rushing attacks in the league (31st in rushing yards per attempt). 

I know you're not ripping him or anything like that. I think he sits between very good and elite, with some elite seasons over the years.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sucks 

they had the 8th pick and passed on drafting a QB. Lets see how that works out. 

Broncos keep punting on drafting a young QB.

Just since 2018, they've passed on Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones. Imagine pairing that Broncos defense under Vic Fangio with a guy like Lamar Jackson? They'd be perennial playoff contenders. Instead they're in quarterback purgatory with Bridgewater, who looks more like a great backup, and Lock, who looks like discount Jay Cutler.