Hunter Biden "Art"

Irv

• 5 months later...

Hunter Biden knew most of his art buyers despite sham ‘ethics’ plan — contradicting the White House

by Steven Nelson & Josh Christanson

Hunter Biden’s Manhattan art dealer said Tuesday that he never worked with the White House on an ethics pact to ensure buyers would remain anonymous — and added that the top purchasers were known to the first son, contrary to prior claims from President Biden’s aides.

Georges Bergès also revealed that in addition to the lack of supposed anti-corruption safeguards he actually met and spoke on the phone with the president while repping his son, the House Oversight Committee said in a readout of a closed-door deposition.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/news/hunter-biden-knew-most-of-his-art-buyers-despite-ethics-plan-dealer-says/

• Shocked 1

Just now, Doc said:

Like they say, there's no accounting or taste.  Or ulterior motives.

I actually think some of it is kinda good. Like, nice paintings to hang on the walls of a trendy coffee place. I would buy one at an art fair for a few hundred bucks. Not a few hundred thousand though ….

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I actually think some of it is kinda good. Like, nice paintings to hang on the walls of a trendy coffee place. I would buy one at an art fair for a few hundred bucks. Not a few hundred thousand though ….

I remember a guy back in the 80s named Mark Kostabi.  He would pay artists something like $10/hour to paint, sign his name and then sell them for tens, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Then he was exposed and they were worthless.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I remember a guy back in the 80s named Mark Kostabi.  He would pay artists something like $10/hour to paint, sign his name and then sell them for tens, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Then he was exposed and they were worthless.

Yep. Art is a weird world. 

Hunter'd do better eating a Garbage Plate, fifty wings, and drinking a 30 brick of Genny Cream.  Then ***** on a canvass.  Art?  What a mess.