Critical Race Theory

Just now, BillStime said:

So we have to sugarcoat it? 

I will answer you again.

No.

That was not what I wrote, or what everyone else on the board has said.

Racism and America's failures in the past are already stressed in Social Studies / History. That has been shown repeatedly.

It is NOT needed in Math, Science, and Gym.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So - why do they dislike CRT?  Because their child may feel bad about their history?

The purpose of education is not to make children feel bad. You’re a fool. So if that’s the goal, as you repeatedly acknowledge....class dismissed! 

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Perhaps if you would listen to the videos of the parents  you might know.

or actually read the articles about it.....................oh who am I kidding.

Critical Race theory is the attempt to radically change how education is done here in the U.S., NOT just add to history.

That can be done without "assigning" blame to groups.

Exactly. Critical race theory has little to do with history or debating if these bad things happened. 

CRT says today in 2021, in America, all institutions, all social structures, all corporations, all laws, all regulations, healthcare, education, the entire democracy top to bottom are inherently and irreversibly racist and chastising select groups for having earned success as culprits. 

People who want their kids to not judge people by what they look like and achieve in life as opposed to make excuses and blame others for failure reject CRT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exactly. Critical race theory has little to do with history or debating if these bad things happened. 

CRT says today in 2021, in America, all institutions, all social structures, all corporations, all laws, all regulations, healthcare, education, the entire democracy top to bottom are inherently and irreversibly racist and chastising select groups for having earned success as culprits. 

People who want their kids to not judge people by what they look like and achieve in life as opposed to make excuses and blame others for failure reject CRT. 

And what’s the preferred underlying result? You guessed it. The same as always but this time with the voluntary redistribution of wealth. (But first they need to get everyone  to feel guilty for atrocities they never committed.) 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So maybe you can share with me the official CRT doctrine? CRT lesson plan?  CRT Bible?

Whatever you want to call it… I want to see the official teaching on it - not something laundered through REDSTATE dot com.

Maybe you can help since @B-Man, @Chef Jim and @SoCal Deek keep striking out.

Everyone here has different opinions and sharing others opinions as fact - I I just want to see the official thought leadership on the topic and how it is intended to make people feel bad.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So maybe you can share with me the official CRT doctrine? CRT lesson plan?  CRT Bible?

Whatever you want to call it… I want to see the official teaching on it - not something laundered through REDSTATE dot com.

Everyone here has different opinions and sharing others opinions as fact - I I just want to see the official thought leadership on the topic and how it is intended to make people feel bad.

Yawwwwwn

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yawwwwwn

“And we’re back to the precious feelings thing. You seem to think that  that comment makes some sort of an impact on people. They might have worked in junior high but not in the adult world....bro.”

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yawn is right.

Again the same old diversion

Your source is "biased"...........(if only he saw the irony when he keeps claiming that)

Where is the "CRT Bible" ...........(which , even he , knows does not exist, but he doesn't want to work for an answer)

He just won't even try to follow along with the news about CRT.

He falls back to the "feelings" silliness...............as I said Yawn indeed.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

“And we’re back to the precious feelings thing. You seem to think that  that comment makes some sort of an impact on people. They might have worked in junior high but not in the adult world....bro.”

It’s a simple word that signifies my boredom with you and your immature nonsense. I can’t think of a more fitting single word. It’s not driven by feelings but instead is a very logical response when dealing with someone of your limited capacity.

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

In hopes of making Billstime STFU:

The major theme of CRT is:

1. White supremacy exists and maintains power through the law.

So ... I’m guessing Billstime can tell us all what SPECIFIC laws he’s blathering on about? 

I’m waiting.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ANN ALTHOUSE RESPONDS TO CHARLES BLOW:

If “most people” lack “any real concept of what critical race theory is,” then why don’t Democrats and others communicate the information?

Instead, as Blow describes in his column, Republicans use the term to generate anxiety about what those terrible left-wingers want to do to us.

I challenge proponents of Critical Race Theory to speak to ordinary people in terms they can understand and explain the theory, why it’s a theory, and what is meant by “critical.” Don’t just tell us conclusions and demand that we accept them and don’t just introduce another confusing term.

That is, don’t just say that there is “systemic racism.” Explain the theory and what is critical about the theory.

Why can’t that be done clearly and straightforwardly? People are right to feel anxious and suspicious about something so big and powerful that can’t be talked about. To say “In fact, I don’t even believe that most people have any real concept of what critical race theory is” is to blame the people for failing to understand what isn’t being discussed clearly. That’s perverse and elitist.

Well, most “woke” stuff is perverse and elitist. And Critical Race Theory can’t be discussed clearly and straightforwardly because if it were, the vast majority of people would reject it.

Hence the smoke and mirrors and charges of bigotry aimed at critics in place of reasoned argument.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2021/06/in-fact-i-dont-even-believe-that-most.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/13/opinion/critical-race-theory.html?smid=url-share

Furthermore, why educate when you can indoctrinate? So much easier...

• Agree 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Furthermore, why educate when you can indoctrinate? So much easier...

For those who keep clamoring for "examples"

Parents Organize Nationally to Push Back Against ‘Woke’ Indoctrination in the Classroom

A national parents group is fighting back against the hard left’s endeavor to inject more of its woke theology into America’s schools. Elana Fishbein, a Philadelphia stay-at-home mother, started the group after becoming fed up with her childrens’ school continually shoving so-called progressive ideology into their learning material.

Less than a year ago, Elana Fishbein was a happy stay-at-home mother, raising her three boys in a well-off Philadelphia suburb. She’d noticed the school that two of her boys attended would push out some lessons and activities that she considered politically biased or inappropriate, but each time was able to resolve the situation by opting her children out. In June last year, however, she saw no other choice than to take action.

After the murder of George Floyd, the school began issuing “cultural proficiency” lessons.  “My husband and I looked at the lesson plan and opened the links to the books that they included for the lesson plan and we were thoroughly horrified because they were totally racist.”

It seems evident that the school was using Floyd’s death and the widespread debate over race relations that followed as an avenue through which to further inject far-leftist propaganda into the classroom. “The school materials Fishbein examined followed what she called ‘woke’ culture—a set of quasi-Marxist ideologies that divides society into ‘oppressors’ and the ‘oppressed’ based on characteristics such as race, sex, class, or sexual proclivities,”

The mother opted her sons out of these particular lessons and sent a letter to the district superintendent in which she took issue with the material.

“The material selected for this indoctrination pumps their brains with LIES that puts unbearable emotional burdens on them for years to come,” she wrote, “Why must our kids feel like villains and hate themselves for something they had no control over—the color/pigmentation of their skin?!?”

Fishbein came up with the idea to form a group of parents to push back on the leftist indoctrination in schools after she expressed her opinions on social media groups and was rebuked as a racist. “I was called racist and bigoted and homophobe and whatever,” she recounted.

“I was blown away,” she added. “They won’t even discuss it. They just call you a name.”

“They were tormented. And many of them said, ‘We would like to act, but we don’t know what to do,’” she said.

After an appearance on Fox News and an article written about her situation in conservative media, Fishbein began to receive messages from other parents of children whose schools are pushing woke theology and using critical race theory to promote the oppressor/oppressed trope. She used the momentum to organize groups of parents into different chapters. The group is called No Left Turn In Education. The network filed its first lawsuit after Fishbein helped a Nevada mother named Gabrielle Clark find a lawyer.

Clark is a black single mother of five, and her son is multiracial. He “inherited blond hair, green eyes, and light skin from his deceased father,” according to The Epoch Times. He was the only student perceived as white in his class, meaning that he was classified as “privileged” and “oppressive.”

“All I could think of was, ‘How in the world is my son supposed to function in his life normally with his siblings and with his mother with this idea in the back of his head that he is somehow privileged and oppressing us?’ I couldn’t allow that to be the way my son felt about himself,” Clark said 

Clark’s son attended Democracy Prep at the Agassi Campus in Las Vegas when the school began a series of lessons requiring students to “label and identify” which groups they were a part of. These groups were categorized by race, sex, religion, and family income. In addition, the lawsuit claims the teachers attached the labels of “privileged” and “oppressive” and “oppressed” to each group.

Even worse, the lessons defined the term “privilege” as “the inherent belief in the inferiority of the oppressed group. “Oppression” was characterized as “malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power.”

More at the link: https://redstate.com/jeffc/2021/06/14/parents-organize-nationally-to-push-back-against-woke-indoctrination-in-the-classroom-n396637

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let get this straight. White kids must be taught about the Tulsa Massacre, an event from a hundred years ago that they’ve never even heard of, so therefore couldn’t possibly impact the way they view ANYTHING in their world ...because unless they do hear about it now they won’t know how racist they are today? Is that it? 😂😂😂😂

Nothing in a child’s history book happened in their lifetime. Should we just get rid of history? Start with Trump?

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Now we have to be careful about our history because CRT could (and very likely) will be used to shape our future. 

How? How so? If you're concerned about our future - how would you teach what happened in Tulsa to our students today?

I know it is a very challenging question for you, @B-Man and @SoCal Deek - but educate us... Explain to us how this theory has an impact on our future?  Shouldn't we teach our past so we learn from it - not make the same mistakes?

You guys are turning yourselves into pretzels over this - it's sad.

Nope no pretze here. We have been VERY clear regarding our concerns. It’s not being taught to make sure we don’t make the same mistakes.  It’s being taught to shame a group for the actions of their “ancestors”.  

Do you agree with reparations? 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why should we?  We’ve explained our position over and over and over and you don’t understand it. It’s not that you don’t agree with it. You don’t understand it because you’re either too closed minded or you’re being obtuse. Why do you think you’re the only one here that is fighting this?  No one else is in your corner here. It’s pretty sad actually. 

10 hours ago, Governor said:

Nothing in a child’s history book happened in their lifetime. Should we just get rid of history? Start with Trump?

Critical Race Theory may be your focus but critical thinking isn’t your strong suit. The point that keeps being made is that these racist events of the past are still impacting the way our children behave and feel TODAY. How is this possible if none of them even know that an event occurred? As others have stated...do you think children are being taught that slavery and racism are good things? I know I wasn’t. Were you? 

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Critical Race Theory may be your focus but critical thinking isn’t your strong suit. The point that keeps being made is that these racist events of the past are still impacting the way our children behave and feel TODAY. How is this possible if none of them even know that an event occurred? As others have stated...do you think children are being taught that slavery and racism are good things? I know I wasn’t. Were you? 

I haven’t read all of the material yet but I see it more as a “how did we get here” as far as economics and the power structures throughout our history.

I haven’t seen anything about feelings.

People are seeing that slavery is totally skipped over in kid’s history books altogether. It’s pretty blatant. You may not like CRT but there has to be a compromise because red states aren’t teaching about slavery at all.

Edited by Governor

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

No.

I will not "show" you.....................again.

This thread, and the racist thread is filled with examples of the CRT being taught in schools across the country, as well as all the parents concerned about their kids being filled with propaganda instead of knowledge.

You really need to open your self to other views Tibs.

So when are we getting the new Cabinet level position to enforce Critical Race Theory?? LOL

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Governor said:

I haven’t read all of the material yet but I see it more as a “how did we get here” as far as economics and the power structures throughout our history.

I haven’t seen anything about feelings.

People are seeing that slavery is totally skipped over in kid’s history books altogether. It’s pretty blatant. You may not like CRT but there has to be a compromise because red states aren’t teaching about slavery at all.

This is nonsense. Like pure nonsense.

I can’t even believe there is somebody who believes this.

• Like (+1) 1