RIP Louie's Foot Long Hot Dogs

\GoBillsInDallas/

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Just another domino to fall.

Many more still to come.

Been to a mall lately?

I'm seeing a lot of local places (pizza joints, corner stores, delis) alter their open days/hours due to the lack of help.  It's sad.

I doubt there's much overhead for a hot dog place that's been around for a half century.  Shutting it down like this seems extreme. I'm sure some shorter hours and a 5 day/week open schedule would have still been profitable.  Either way.  Sad.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Saw a guy on the news this AM saying he can’t hire people because they make as much on unemployment as they would working for him. 

Captain obvious  says 

PAY THEM 💰 a decent wage 

C’mon, man. Everyone knows it’s better to make NO profit rather than LESS profit. 

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Saw a guy on the news this AM saying he can’t hire people because they make as much on unemployment as they would working for him. 

Captain obvious  says 

PAY THEM 💰 a decent wage 

This is a story about a hot dog joint, and I would love to respond, but can’t do that here, I’m afraid. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm seeing a lot of local places (pizza joints, corner stores, delis) alter their open days/hours due to the lack of help.  It's sad.

I doubt there's much overhead for a hot dog place that's been around for a half century.  Shutting it down like this seems extreme. I'm sure some shorter hours and a 5 day/week open schedule would have still been profitable.  Either way.  Sad.

They could not hire anyone. After Ma & Pa worked alone a couple of days - they said why?

Ted's is shortening hours at some locations and closed the one on Union Road "temporarily":

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Lamb said:

They could not hire anyone. After Ma & Pa worked alone a couple of days - they said why?

Ted's is shortening hours at some locations and closed the one on Union Road "temporarily":

Yeah, but all I'm saying is that they could have stayed open - for example - Friday, Saturdays and Sundays - for 6-8 hours/day until people actually need to work again.  Just as a bridge.  Just a shame that a place with that kind of history has to close altogether.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, but all I'm saying is that they could have stayed open - for example - Friday, Saturdays and Sundays - for 6-8 hours/day until people actually need to work again.  Just as a bridge.  Just a shame that a place with that kind of history has to close altogether.

Pat's hot dog and Henry Hamburgers closed too once upon a time. The market evolves

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

According to the story, it sounds like the owners were just done with it.

They closed because of the pandemic, and had no intention of reopening.

Somebody convinced them to reopen with the intent of taking over the business, but the owners decided not to sell the business to an outsider.

Closing was inevitable. The current situation just accelerated their decision.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cynical said:

According to the story, it sounds like the owners were just done with it.

They closed because of the pandemic, and had no intention of reopening.

Somebody convinced them to reopen with the intent of taking over the business, but the owners decided not to sell the business to an outsider.

Closing was inevitable. The current situation just accelerated their decision.

They had a story on Channel 7 and the owner might be looking to sell it and hopefully have it reopen under new management. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

They had a story on Channel 7 and the owner might be looking to sell it and hopefully have it reopen under new management. 

Sell the business or the building? Or both?

In the BN story, they said they were willing to lease out the building, but were not selling the business.

"He said he plans to lease out the building, but he's not interested in selling the business to someone else because he doesn't want to diminish the brand his family worked so hard to build over 70 years."

11 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Sell the business or the building? Or both?

In the BN story, they said they were willing to lease out the building, but were not selling the business.

"He said he plans to lease out the building, but he's not interested in selling the business to someone else because he doesn't want to diminish the brand his family worked so hard to build over 70 years."

I saw it two days ago but he seemed to want to pass on some of the stuff or play a part in it so I heard it as business. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Captain obvious  says 

PAY THEM 💰 a decent wage 

If you've ever owned a business you know how tough that is.

What are you going to give a fry cook? $20 an hour? What about the actual skilled laborers making $20 an hour

Then they deserve 30 or 40.. what about the nurses and people making $30 an hour? Then they deserve 40 or 50

That would make everybody's pay get out of whack. 12.50 minimum wage in New York state is high. You're not even getting that in most places

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.