Jump to content

TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!


Recommended Posts

With the 46th pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Ifeatu Melifonwu, Cb, Syracuse.

 

We need a Cb desperately to start opposite Darius Slay, and Melifonwu has the potential to become a fantastic Cornerback, with measurables off the charts. While he’s raw now, we’re hoping he develops quickly. 

The chargers @glazeduck are on the clock.

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 46th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State

Cornerback was arguably our biggest need coming into the draft. After adding a receiver and stud interior o-lineman with our first two selections, we were thrilled to see that Asante Samuel Jr was still available at this point in the second round. We feel he's a starter right off the bus. 

@glazeduck and the San Diego Los Angeles SuperChargers are now on the clock


....and @Watkins101: You're in timeout. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Oh oops... well at least we were on the same page about need ^

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a wonderful WR to get 3 targets a game with 1 catch. I’m delighted. 

Trade Alert     Carolina gets: 2021 1st (19 overall) - 875 pts 2nd (51 overall) - 390 pts 3rd (82 overall) - 180 pts 2022 1st round pick - 390 pts Total Va

I also Love the fact is shuts NE out of an early QB. Keep them in QB hell for the next 2 decades. 

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 46th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State

Cornerback was arguably our biggest need coming into the draft. After adding a receiver and stud interior o-lineman with our first two selections, we were thrilled to see that Asante Samuel Jr was still available at this point in the second round. We feel he's a starter right off the bus. 

@glazeduck and the San Diego Los Angeles SuperChargers are now on the clock


....and @Watkins101: You're in timeout. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

So y'all are rolling with Jalen Hurts in 2021???

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (bkep32) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, mannc said:

So y'all are rolling with Jalen Hurts in 2021???

Do you think they’re going to draft a qB in round 1?  If they don’t draft a QB in rd 1, they’ll be going with hurts.  I’d be shocked if they draft a Qb in rd 1 after trading down.  Kyle Trask in rd 2 isn’t going to beat Hurts out imo

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Do you think they’re going to draft a qB in round 1?  If they don’t draft a QB in rd 1, they’ll be going with hurts.  I’d be shocked if they draft a Qb in rd 1 after trading down.  Kyle Trask in rd 2 isn’t going to beat Hurts out imo

Right. And they traded out of their top 10 pick to boot. They're rolling with Hurts.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you think they’re going to draft a qB in round 1?  If they don’t draft a QB in rd 1, they’ll be going with hurts.  I’d be shocked if they draft a Qb in rd 1 after trading down.  Kyle Trask in rd 2 isn’t going to beat Hurts out imo

The Eagles are in a tough position.  They probably don't want to roll with Hurts as the uncontested starter, but as you point out, they probably won't use their first round pick on a QB, especially after trading back.  I'm thinking maybe they take chance on Trask or Mond in round 2, to give Hurts some competition.  Some people think Mond is being seriously underrated.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 47th Pick in the 2021 TSW Mock draft, the Tennessee Titans Select - Kelvin Joseph - CB - Kentucky

 

 We are very excited to move up and grab this kid out of Kentucky.  We have him as the 5th best CB in the draft, and we saw the run on dbs starting around pick 41.  Everytime a DBs name was called in the last few picks that wasnt our guy we did a fist pump and kept on the phone to get a deal done.  We solidified are pass rush with Kwity now we need to sure up the backend.  We cant let Mahomes keep slinging the ball all over the place.  We lost adoree and malcolm this year.  We think adding Kelvin into the mix with 2nd yr guy Kristian Fulton and FA Janoris Jenkins, this could be the start of a great secondary.  As he doesnt show the great speed he as great ball skills for a nice sized DB.  He plays hard and agressive and is good in press man.  Can recognize plays quickly which makes up for the quick burst.  Cant wait to get this kid in OTAs

 

@MAJBobby and the Panthers are on the clock.

 

 

Edited by bkep32
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Eagles are in a tough position.  They probably don't want to roll with Hurts as the uncontested starter, but as you point out, they probably won't use their first round pick on a QB, especially after trading back.  I'm thinking maybe they take chance on Trask or Mond in round 2, to give Hurts some competition.  Some people think Mond is being seriously underrated.  

Good point. I forgot about Mond.  That a possibility I suppose.  Even if they draft Mond, Hurts is still likely to be the unquestioned starter (to open the season at least)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Good point. I forgot about Mond.  That a possibility I suppose.  Even if they draft Mond, Hurts is still likely to be the unquestioned starter (to open the season at least)

To me, a pick like Mond actually makes the situation worse -- it's throwing good money after bad. Unless somebody just absolutely believes in him (and for whatever reason ALSO is really out on Hurts), that's not really going to "fix" things. If anything, it's spending a 2nd round pick on a guy who's probably -- at best -- a similar player with less understanding of the offense, less chemistry with the OL/WRs/staff. While at the same time causing confidence issues with Hurts. And none of that even accounts for the opportunity cost of not being able to improve the roster elsewhere with that high 2nd rd pick. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

To me, a pick like Mond actually makes the situation worse -- it's throwing good money after bad. Unless somebody just absolutely believes in him (and for whatever reason ALSO is really out on Hurts), that's not really going to "fix" things. If anything, it's spending a 2nd round pick on a guy who's probably -- at best -- a similar player with less understanding of the offense, less chemistry with the OL/WRs/staff. While at the same time causing confidence issues with Hurts. And none of that even accounts for the opportunity cost of not being able to improve the roster elsewhere with that high 2nd rd pick. 

Well, that depends on how good Mond turns out to be.  If he’s better than Hurts and turns out to be their starter for the next 10 years than I can’t see how it would be bad.  It might make the 2021 situation worse, but in the scheme of building a franchise, who give a ****?  It’s one season.  A season in which they have little to no chance to win a SB.  Finding a qb = #1 priority. Give Hurts some competition and force him to step his game up.  If one 2nd rd pick is going to keep him from becoming the best he can be, than he’s already not the answer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well, that depends on how good Mond turns out to be.  If he’s better than Hurts and turns out to be their starter for the next 10 years than I can’t see how it would be bad.  It might make the 2021 situation worse, but in the scheme of building a franchise, who give a ****?  It’s one season.  A season in which they have little to no chance to win a SB.  Finding a qb = #1 priority. Give Hurts some competition and force him to step his game up.  If one 2nd rd pick is going to keep him from becoming the best he can be, than he’s already not the answer 

Agreed. I just see no sense in continually drafting middling QBs that might be something -- especially when you're trading out of a position to get one of the top guys that feel a lot more likely than "might"...

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 48th Pick in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft the Carolina Panther select, Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse.  The Bengals @Just Joshin' are on the Clock.

 

The Panthers changed up their plan at the last minute after failing to secure a tradeup.  Ifeatu's value is right here and am immediate starting outside CB in our Zone Heavy coverage schemes.  His length, ball skills, and backfield reading ability are ideal in our Zone.  Plays run support well, enough to help in that area.   And has the athletic profile to play Press  Coverage as well, though needs refinement in his man techniques.  There is alot of technique refinement for us to ensure he reaches his full potential, but an ascending talent in the draft with his very good pro-day matching his tape.  

 

Then there is the Bonus in 4 years when is Rookie deal is over, Brandon Beane will sign him (because we all know we are the Bills Farm team 😁). 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Agreed. I just see no sense in continually drafting middling QBs that might be something -- especially when you're trading out of a position to get one of the top guys that feel a lot more likely than "might"...

All depends on their evaluation of the “middling” QBs.  Basically every QB not drafted in the top 10 is deemed middling and there’s been a BUNCH of middling qbs that turned out to be franchise guys.  It’s a roll of the dice based on your evaluation of the qb

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Just Joshin) are on the clock
9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All depends on their evaluation of the “middling” QBs.  Basically every QB not drafted in the top 10 is deemed middling and there’s been a BUNCH of middling qbs that turned out to be franchise guys.  It’s a roll of the dice based on your evaluation of the qb

Exactly.  Some people have Mond rated higher than Fields or Lance...if the Eagles agree (no idea if they do) then the pick makes sense.  Obviously, they aren’t going to take him if they don’t think he can be an upgrade over Hurts...

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 49th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri. 

 

The Bengals need to get better on D.  With DTs coming back from injury, LB was a clear need.  Bolton is a 2 time all SEC LB who can grow into playing all 3 downs.  He plays with an attitude and he plays fast.  He is not afraid of contact but needs to shed blockers better.

 

With the first 2 rounds (3rd round pick traded to move back into 1st) the Bengals have added:

Christian Darrisaw, OT

Kadarius Toney, WR

Jayson Oweh, Edge

Nick Bolton, LB

 

While still a few years from contending in a tough division, these player will improve Cincinnati as a team overall. 

 

The Bucs @BigdaddyinOrlandoare on the clock. 

 

Thanks for organizing and executing @Virgil and @whatdrought.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

With the 49th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri. 

 

The Bengals need to get better on D.  With DTs coming back from injury, LB was a clear need.  Bolton is a 2 time all SEC LB who can grow into playing all 3 downs.  He plays with an attitude and he plays fast.  He is not afraid of contact but needs to shed blockers better.

 

With the first 2 rounds (3rd round pick traded to move back into 1st) the Bengals have added:

Christian Darrisaw, OT

Kadarius Toney, WR

Jayson Oweh, Edge

Nick Bolton, LB

 

While still a few years from contending in a tough division, these player will improve Cincinnati as a team overall. 

 

The Bucs @BigdaddyinOrlandoare on the clock. 

 

Thanks for organizing and executing @Virgil and @whatdrought.

Hell of a draft for the Bengals...

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bucs (BigDaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

With the 50th pick the defending super bowl champions select, Payton Turner, edge from the University of Houston

 

 Turner comes with an NFL ready size and strength. He wins with excellent pass rush moves and burst. With Suh and Gholston still there he won’t be pressed for heavy playing time and learn from these two who are both over the age of 30. He will transition to starter smoothly. 
 

The Panthers @majbobby and the 51st pick are now on the clock. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...