TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 51st pick in the 2021 TSW Mock the Carolina Panthers select, Jalen Mayfield, OT, MICH.  The Bears and @LEBills are on the clock.

This one there was alot of discussion in the draft room with Scouts.  Some advocated for Radunz and others Argued Mayfield.  Both close in grades, Mayfield a bit higher due to the level of competition facing the likes of, Gross Matos, Young in 2019 and Oweh and Jennings in 2020.  Our concern here is lake of Reps with only 15 starts.  However, our scouting department is clear that he projects as a starting LT, with ability to play inside.  He has gotten better each year and feel with a real year instead of the shortened Big 10 would have been a 1st round OT.  We are happy with getting the level of talent here.  Plays both OTs spots and also would be a top end OG if the OT side fails.  There is an athletic profile that fits a top on LT with more reps and that is what we decided on going for the higher ceiling and position flexibility taking a page out of the GM we should have books in Brandon Beane, we should have never let him leave the building, so will copy how he thinks going forward. 

First three picks fill major needs with talent.

Parsons, Melifonwu and now Mayfield, not to mention a pick to go and a 2022 1st.  Reminder to those lacking QBs (Bridgewater is on the block).  

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (LEBills) are on the clock
27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the 51st pick in the 2021 TSW Mock the Carolina Panthers select, Jalen Mayfield, OT, MICH.  The Bears and @LEBills are on the clock.

This one there was alot of discussion in the draft room with Scouts.  Some advocated for Radunz and others Argued Mayfield.  Both close in grades, Mayfield a bit higher due to the level of competition facing the likes of, Gross Matos, Young in 2019 and Oweh and Jennings in 2020.  Our concern here is lake of Reps with only 15 starts.  However, our scouting department is clear that he projects as a starting LT, with ability to play inside.  He has gotten better each year and feel with a real year instead of the shortened Big 10 would have been a 1st round OT.  We are happy with getting the level of talent here.  Plays both OTs spots and also would be a top end OG if the OT side fails.  There is an athletic profile that fits a top on LT with more reps and that is what we decided on going for the higher ceiling and position flexibility taking a page out of the GM we should have books in Brandon Beane, we should have never let him leave the building, so will copy how he thinks going forward. 

First three picks fill major needs with talent.

Parsons, Melifonwu and now Mayfield, not to mention a pick to go and a 2022 1st.  Reminder to those lacking QBs (Bridgewater is on the block).  

I had to look at the selections, as I was sure he was gone, or at least should've been.  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

With the 52nd pick in the 2021 TSW Mock the Chicago Bears select, Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas.  The Chargers and @glazeduckare on the clock.

Our interior OL is a strength but as of now our RT position is a question mark. We view Cosmi as our RT with the athleticism to eventually take over as a left tackle. And with our QB1, Andy Dalton, we are going to need a good OLine.

• Like (+1) 1

With attempts to move back a second time rendered futile, the pick is in!

With the 53rd pick in the 2nd, 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Los Angeles SuperChargers select Baron Browning, weapon, THE Ohio State University. The Colts @mannc are on the clock.

The Chargers are no strangers to moving players around on defense to exploit mismatches, and Browning is an ideal piece to do that with. Though he doesn't necessarily fit one specific needs perfectly, his versatility will add depth and talent across all 4 LB positions, making this too good of a value to pass up.

Edited by glazeduck

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

With attempts to move back a second time rendered futile, the pick is in!

With the 53rd pick in the 2nd, 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Los Angeles SuperChargers select Baron Browning, weapon, THE Ohio State University. The Bears @LEBills are on the clock.

The Chargers are no strangers to moving players around on defense to exploit mismatches, and Browning is an ideal piece to do that with. Though he doesn't necessarily fit one specific needs perfectly, his versatility will add depth and talent across all 4 LB positions, making this too good of a value to pass up.

Love the Murray/Browning pairing at LB

• Like (+1) 1

With the 54th pick in the TSW mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Dyami Brown, WR, University of North Carolina.  This is a run-to-the-podium selection for the Colts.  Brown would have been our pick at 21 if Caleb Farley had not somehow have been available.  Brown has size, speed and after the catch ability that will help Carson Wentz regain his confidence (we hope).  

The NY Football Giants and @Don't Stop Billeiving are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 54th pick in the TSW mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Dyami Brown, WR, University of North Carolina.  This is a run-to-the-podium selection for the Colts.  Brown would have been our pick at 21 if Caleb Farley had not somehow have been available.  Brown has size, speed and after the catch ability that will help Carson Wentz regain his confidence (we hope).  

The NY Football Giants and @Don't Stop Billeiving are on the clock.

was 2nd on my list had I traded down or if Browning wasn't there.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I wouldn't cry if the Bills took Brown at 30... 

I might.. not because it's a bad pick but would feel a little forced. If the draft falls like most are expecting it to I think we're a near lock to be moving up or back. In the event we move back, could certainly do a lot worse than Brown for sure.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (TPS) are on the clock

With the 55th pick in the 2021 TSW 2.0 Mock Draft, the New York Football Giants select Wyatt Davis, OG, The Ohio State University.

While the Giants had WR Brown on their radar, they are more than happy to add Davis who will immediately step in at G and help establish a dynamic running game with a healthy Saquon Barkley returning. 

@RyanC883 and the Seattle Seahawks are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I might.. not because it's a bad pick but would feel a little forced. If the draft falls like most are expecting it to I think we're a near lock to be moving up or back. In the event we move back, could certainly do a lot worse than Brown for sure.

Brown would hardly be a reach at 30.  Guy averaged over 20 YPC and 1050 yards the last two seasons and his measurables are very good...Why would the Bills trade back?  They don’t need more picks...and Beane has never traded back.

Just now, mannc said:

Brown would hardly be a reach at 30.  Guy averaged over 20 YPC and 1050 yards the last two seasons and his measurables are very good...Why would the Bills trade back?  They don’t need more picks...and Beane has never traded back.

Brown wouldn’t, arguably. WR would. 

College stats don’t matter even a little bit. Again, I like him.  

The bills would trade back for the same reason any team ever trades back? Adding more players and adding more draft picks are different things. If there’s not a standout *best* pick on the board, you can trade down to add to your ability to move around later and still get a player you like equally. 

Beane having never traded back does mean it can’t happen. (I also included trading up as a potentiality.)

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (RyanC883) are on the clock

Have to say during the draft I just got an amazing Birthday Present from my family. 

my Fav Bills player growing up ‘Dre just did a Cameo for me saying happy 43rd. So AWESOME. Love my wife. 

ok back to the regularly scheduled draft. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

He can be had with our 2nd pick. Trade back and get a 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1