TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 40th Pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select, Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky. 

We got a freak to run our offense, now we get a freak to run our defense. He’s big, long, and fast. I love this guy in the middle with what we have around him and with our re-vamped secondary. 

The Lions and @Reed83HOF are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 40th Pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select, Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky. 

We got a freak to run our offense, now we get a freak to run our defense. He’s big, long, and fast. I love this guy in the middle with what we have around him and with our re-vamped secondary. 

This guy went from being in the mid 300s on The Draft Network's Big Board in early 2021 to getting potential first round/early second round buzz now. Insane ascension. Has a lot of physical tools you can't teach and was really productive in his one year as a starter. Exciting second round pick!

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (Reed83HOF) are on the clock
25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you. But in the fictitious world that @Bill from NYC has created where my options for LT are Eich, Jackson or Leatherwood I'm choosing Eich. In reality I think the Dolphins go Pitts or Chase at #6 then edge at #18.

That's fair. Pitts would be a dream at #

6. Its either him, Sewell, or Chase. Everyone is infatuated with DeVonta Smith but I don't see a special receiver. #18 is confusing because they can go in different directions. I'm thinking its Zaven Collins, trade down, or EDGE. 

Edited by DolFAN93

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you. But in the fictitious world that @Bill from NYC has created where my options for LT are Eich, Jackson or Leatherwood I'm choosing Eich. In reality I think the Dolphins go Pitts or Chase at #6 then edge at #18.

It is not unheard of for teams to draft 2 OTs early and back to back. In 1997, the Colts drafted Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows in rounds 1 and 2. The following season, they drafted Peyton Manning. I think that Bill Polian was the GM. They seem to have fared pretty well.

The Dolphins have a QB that had a rough rookie season and needs help. I got him Pitts and two young, talented OTs and make no apologies. 

Wait..... looking back, maybe I should have stayed at 6 and took a cornerback!!! 😎😲👍

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is not unheard of for teams to draft 2 OTs early and back to back. In 1997, the Colts drafted Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows in rounds 1 and 2. The following season, they drafted Peyton Manning. I think that Bill Polian was the GM. They seem to have fared pretty well.

The Dolphins have a QB that had a rough rookie season and needs help. I got him Pitts and two young, talented OTs and make no apologies. 

Wait..... looking back, maybe I should have stayed at 6 and took a cornerback!!! 😎😲👍

They should’ve stayed at 3 and drafted themselves a QB 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Interesting that you have Davis higher than Baron Browning

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think the issue is that the Dolphins used two high draft picks on offensive tackles last year.  Two more first rounders this year would make three firsts and a second round pick invested in the position over only two drafts. 

19 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently on deck and are ready to run to the podium as long as the Lions don't screw this up for us!!!!

The post has been typed up already so 100% expecting this to go sideways lol

Welcome to Pittsburgh Sam Cosmi!

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting that you have Davis higher than Baron Browning

I initially thought of Browning, but I like Davis’ skill set in the middle of our 3-4 and I have a guy whose a slugger in Johnson. I want Davis to eliminate passing in the middle of the field. 

Also, Daniel Jeremiah is all over this guy, which is usually a good indicator. He said he reminded him of Darius Leonard in his ability to fly around and make plays. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I initially thought of Browning, but I like Davis’ skill set in the middle of our 3-4 and I have a guy whose a slugger in Johnson. I want Davis to eliminate passing in the middle of the field. 

Also, Daniel Jeremiah is all over this guy, which is usually a good indicator. He said he reminded him of Darius Leonard in his ability to fly around and make plays. 

Tracking and that makes sense based on why you went with the different skill set.  the value is there as well, depending how people look at skill sets.  I just have Browning a little bit higher of a grade, this pick isnt a value buster.  The lowest graded player I have on my board that has already been taken is Alex Leatherwood.  

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

This guy went from being in the mid 300s on The Draft Network's Big Board in early 2021 to getting potential first round/early second round buzz now. Insane ascension. Has a lot of physical tools you can't teach and was really productive in his one year as a starter. Exciting second round pick!

Welcome to the pandemic draft and the lack of a true combine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone want to make the pick for the Lions?

Trying to be as objective as possible... The Draft Network lists WR, CB, OT as the Lions' top needs. They took Chase in the 1st so OT or CB... Eric Stokes (CB, Georgia) and Dillon Radunz (OT, NDSU) are the best available on TDN's rankings, at those positions...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1