DaQuan Jones a backup 1 technique addition

He’d be the perfect player to end FA with. Spotrac has him listed a 2 years for 14 million. Give him a one year 4.5 million contract. 3 guaranteed. That’s less than projected. But he  will get crazy exposure being on the Bills to go into the FA market next year. He is only 29 so he has a few good years left in theory. Or maybe the Bills keep him as Star’s replacement. This would wrap a nice bow over the team going into the draft. I worry that Harrison Phillips & Butler will hurt us badly again next year especially against the run. 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Paul Costa changed the title to DaQuan Jones a backup 1 technique addition
53 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

He’d be the perfect player to end FA with. Spotrac has him listed a 2 years for 14 million. Give him a one year 4.5 million contract. 3 guaranteed. That’s less than projected. But he  will get crazy exposure being on the Bills to go into the FA market next year. He is only 29 so he has a few good years left in theory. Or maybe the Bills keep him as Star’s replacement. This would wrap a nice bow over the team going into the draft. I worry that Harrison Phillips & Butler will hurt us badly again next year especially against the run. 

I dont know if the Bills even can afford the contract you propose

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

OTC has them with over 8 million in cap space. Spotrac with 4+ and is behind updating some restructures. They could restructure more if need be.  Our 1 technique position is shaky at best.

Bills need an honest one tech to rotate in.
key role player .Where they get one ? don't care. just get one  :)

31 minutes ago, Georgie said:

I dont know if the Bills even can afford the contract you propose

They can.  They just have to restructure dawkins or other players.  It’s not hard.  They restructured Tredavious last week and may have room left from that as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

We are relying an aweful lot on Star coming back and fixing some things.....honestly it makes me a little nervous.  Also Star might be a one year and move on player for us.

I am hoping for a mid round pick on a space eater.   To me our inside pass rush really revolves around our 3 tech Oliver......we NEED a space eating 1 tech

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

That position takes a little while to develop. Wouldn’t mind a veteran to come in and at least push Phillips for a backup role. No doubt we draft one too. Outside of CB 2 I think 1 tech is our weakest spot. It was glaring last year. 😲

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We are relying an aweful lot on Star coming back and fixing some things.....honestly it makes me a little nervous.  Also Star might be a one year and move on player for us.

I am hoping for a mid round pick on a space eater.   To me our inside pass rush really revolves around our 3 tech Oliver......we NEED a space eating 1 tech

T Shelvin from LSU in the 4th would be great but I think he’ll be gone in the 3rd 

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

T Shelvin from LSU in the 4th would be great but I think he’ll be gone in the 3rd 

As it stands right now we don’t have a fourth round pick anyway if we want shelves and I think we have to take him in the third. I know that a lot of people don’t put a lot of stock in the big fatty’s but this is a year we should invest

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As it stands right now we don’t have a fourth round pick anyway if we want shelves and I think we have to take him in the third. I know that a lot of people don’t put a lot of stock in the big fatty’s but this is a year we should invest

Yup, and I'm certain they will.  I'd go so far as to say they should target one at the end of the 2nd, if not trade down a few spots to take one at the top of the 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1