Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Oh, they're talking about the border 24/7.  Just because they report other news going on doesn't mean they're not still pushing for Joke's Admin to do something about it.  And the "stunt" is working since Joke's admin is being forced to publicly address it almost daily.  And most everyone realize that the "bad treatment" they're getting is 100X better than what they faced getting to America.

Who is they?   All I’m seeing is them talking about the MV stunt.  Show me who they are. Who’s pushing Joe?  How are they pushing Joe?  How is the Biden Administration addressing this “almost”

daily?   

13 hours ago, Doc said:

The best part is that it exposed the left's hypocrisy. 

True but that will change nothing. You know why?  They left have dug in their heels. You know why they’ve dug in their heels?  Because they think they are in the right side of this issue. So how do WE fix it?  By voting and getting people in place that can a) have the balls to fix it or even WANT to fix it and b) have great negotiation skills to get both sides ti agree on a fix.  Now having said that it appears it will NEVER get fixed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Sure there has.  Just like the past 6 years.  :rolleyes: 

Here is this civil complaint:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mad.248428/gov.uscourts.mad.248428.1.0.pdf

Here is the Fox News article telling you Texas has opened a criminal investigation:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-sheriff-opens-criminal-probe-desantis-operation-fly-migrants-marthas-vineyard

These are both real things going on. Whether you chose not to believe a court filing or a sherif saying he’s opened a criminal investigation, then that’s on you.

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still believe this was a brilliant stunt (or whatever Chef Jim or anyone else wants to call it). It’s been nearly two years of this nonsense from Biden and Harris and nothing has changed at the border. What’s the definition of insanity again? Come on Kamala….get to work! Or just like OJ looking for the killers, is she still in search of those ‘root causes’. 

YOU called it a stunt! 🤦🏻‍♂️  Two years??  Wake up dude. It’s been decades!  I’ve been in CA for 40 years and have seen it pretty much since I arrived. 

Brilliant??  You have a funny interpretation of brilliance.  Check back with me in 12 months and show my how brilliant this has been.  I predict a major backfire.  It already is backfiring. When you have the media against you stunts don’t work.  God these guys are ***** idiots. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Who is they?   All I’m seeing is them talking about the MV stunt.  Show me who they are. Who’s pushing Joe?  How are they pushing Joe?  How is the Biden Administration addressing this “almost”

daily?   

True but that will change nothing. You know why?  They left have dug in their heels. You know why they’ve dug in their heels?  Because they think they are in the right side of this issue. So how do WE fix it?  By voting and getting people in place that can a) have the balls to fix it or even WANT to fix it and b) have great negotiation skills to get both sides ti agree on a fix.  Now having said that it appears it will NEVER get fixed. 

I’m 100 percent with you. All the talk is on MV and DeSantis not anything else.

This makes me even think there probably isn’t that big of a border issue since FL had to find the people sent to MV from Texas. Even then the people were here legally in the US.

If the border is such an issue 1) why couldn’t DeSantis find people in his home state and 2) why did they use people here legally when there’s apparently soooo many here illegally?

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

daily?   

Most people.  This has exposed the hypocrisy of the left, who are content to ship illegals all over the country, but ship them where they don't want them and it's suddenly worse than shipping Jews to concentration camps.  :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Here is this civil complaint:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mad.248428/gov.uscourts.mad.248428.1.0.pdf

Here is the Fox News article telling you Texas has opened a criminal investigation:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-sheriff-opens-criminal-probe-desantis-operation-fly-migrants-marthas-vineyard

These are both real things going on. Whether you chose not to believe a court filing or a sherif saying he’s opened a criminal investigation, then that’s on you.

Yes I realize that they're playing their games as usual. :rolleyes: 

image.png.be365869a26415d949b9a018fd5e6508.png  BORDERING ON INCOHERENCE

Why has President Biden opened our southern border? That wasn’t quite the question that he took on his way out the door of his remarks on the DISCLOSE Act yesterday, but it was close.

He was asked: “On the border, why is the border more overwhelmed under your watch, Mr. President?”

Everyone knows that Biden has invited illegal aliens in. That is the answer. Biden, however, regurgitated what he had recently heard somewhere about last month’s numbers (cited in the AP story that I linked to here):

Because there are three countries that are — never have — there are fewer — fewer immigrants coming from Central America and from Mexico. This is a totally different circumstance.

What’s on my watch now is Venezuela, Cuba, and Nicaragua. And the ability to send them back to those states is not rational. You could send them back and have them — we’re working with Mexico and other countries to see if we can stop the flow. But that’s the difference.

I have no idea what this means other than that Biden’s mental capacity has gone south of the 40 percent at which I have had it pegged.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/09/bordering-on-incoherence.php

https://apnews.com/article/health-cuba-mexico-venezuela-immigration-3b99effa20c693515d2ef9047a9c5d95

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Most people.  This has exposed the hypocrisy of the left, who are content to ship illegals all over the country, but ship them where they don't want them and it's suddenly worse than shipping Jews to concentration camps.  :rolleyes: 

Most people??   Ha. You’re delusional. Who are these “most people” your talking to about the border?  I’m not seeing/hearing it other than here.  All I’m seeing is people talking about the stunts.  

Funny how you are talking about the left shipping illegals all around the country. I’m seeing only one side doing that now. 

Guys….take off your partisan blinders.  

And horrible analogy regarding the concentration camps. 😡

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

image.png.be365869a26415d949b9a018fd5e6508.png  BORDERING ON INCOHERENCE

Why has President Biden opened our southern border? That wasn’t quite the question that he took on his way out the door of his remarks on the DISCLOSE Act yesterday, but it was close.

He was asked: “On the border, why is the border more overwhelmed under your watch, Mr. President?”

Everyone knows that Biden has invited illegal aliens in. That is the answer. Biden, however, regurgitated what he had recently heard somewhere about last month’s numbers (cited in the AP story that I linked to here):

Because there are three countries that are — never have — there are fewer — fewer immigrants coming from Central America and from Mexico. This is a totally different circumstance.

What’s on my watch now is Venezuela, Cuba, and Nicaragua. And the ability to send them back to those states is not rational. You could send them back and have them — we’re working with Mexico and other countries to see if we can stop the flow. But that’s the difference.

I have no idea what this means other than that Biden’s mental capacity has gone south of the 40 percent at which I have had it pegged.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/09/bordering-on-incoherence.php

https://apnews.com/article/health-cuba-mexico-venezuela-immigration-3b99effa20c693515d2ef9047a9c5d95

There is nothing “incoherent” about Biden’s response. He’s right about the change in country of origin of the latest wave. For decades we’ve been basically stuck with Cuban migrants, whether or not they have valid refugee claims. Cuba has taken back a tiny percentage of those ordered deported. And now the same thing is happening with Venezuelans and Nicaraguans. There’s no easy solution 

Now, there is some degree of bs there too, since there are many Colombians, Peruvians, Brazilians, Africans, etc. mixed in, and there’s no similar problem there. But the Biden response is coherent, albeit incomplete. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Most people??   Ha. You’re delusional. Who are these “most people” your talking to about the border?  I’m not seeing/hearing it other than here.  All I’m seeing is people talking about the stunts.  

Funny how you are talking about the left shipping illegals all around the country. I’m seeing only one side doing that now. 

Guys….take off your partisan blinders.  

And horrible analogy regarding the concentration camps. 😡

You haven't seen the other side doing it because they were/are hiding it.  Now it's out in the open and the more they press, the more DeSantis is going to reveal what they've been doing, along with their hypocrisy.  

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

You haven't seen the other side doing it because they were/are hiding it.  Now it's out in the open and the more they press, the more DeSantis is going to reveal what they've been doing, along with their hypocrisy.  

I think DeSantis needs to focus on the issues that affect his state such as his homeless population and drug overdose deaths.  If he wants to solve our immigration policy he should run for a federal position. I’d be pissed if I was a FL resident and he was spending my tax dollars on political stunts. 

BTW if you’ve learned one thing over the past several decades it should be quite clear that our federal government has no desire to fix our southern border. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I think DeSantis needs to focus on the issues that affect his state such as his homeless population and drug overdose deaths.  If he wants to solve our immigration policy he should run for a federal position. I’d be pissed if I was a FL resident and he was spending my tax dollars on political stunts. 

BTW if you’ve learned one thing over the past several decades it should be quite clear that our federal government has no desire to fix our southern border. 

The homeless population and drug overdoses issues relate to the border.  We can't feed and house the people we have so WTF are we allowing more in?  And drugs are pouring over the border. 

Again this shed light on what Joke's Admin has been doing since he took over.  The reason why no one called it "stunts" is because he was flying people in secret to different locations to a) prevent people seeing "kids in cages" and b) to turn red areas purple and hopefully blue.  That's politics.

And Trump did his best to try and fix the border by building the wall, giving border patrol resources and with the "remain in Mexico" policy.  Joke reversed it all once he took over.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

The homeless population and drug overdoses issues relate to the border.  We can't feed and house the people we have so WTF are we allowing more in?  And drugs are pouring over the border. 

Again this shed light on what Joke's Admin has been doing since he took over.  The reason why no one called it "stunts" is because he was flying people in secret to different locations to a) prevent people seeing "kids in cages" and b) to turn red areas purple and hopefully blue.  That's politics.

And Trump did his best to try and fix the border by building the wall, giving border patrol resources and with the "remain in Mexico" policy.  Joke reversed it all once he took over.

Wrong!  The homeless are almost all citizens.  Not a lot of Hispanics that are homeless.  They all work to support each other.  The immigrants we bring in supply cheap labor. I live in a very labor intensive area. And they are almost all Hispanic.  Please connect the dots of homelessness in this country to the issues at the border. 

The cartel needs a market for their drugs and we’ve created that market with the drug abuse in this country. 

23 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yea! Kind of like the racist Reverse Freedom Ride:

“Fuming over the civil rights movement, Southern segregationists had concocted a way to retaliate against Northern liberals. In 1962, they tricked about 200 African Americans from the South into moving north. The idea was simple: When large numbers of African Americans showed up on Northern doorsteps, Northerners would not be able to accommodate them. They would not want them, and their hypocrisy would be exposed.”

They even sent them to Kennedys home: https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2020/02/29/809740346/the-cruel-story-behind-the-reverse-freedom-rides

This story is tragic on many levels.  Deception, promises made and broken…but ultimately it seems to tell the story that northern liberals ultimately didn’t care about the families.  Ted Kennedy, he of the fake neck brace and abandoned/drowned staffer fame, showed up for a photo op, hit the bricks and never looked back.  The family in the story ended up in the projects in Boston, living under very difficult conditions.   (Perhaps, if any of these people were vulnerable female, fair-skinned and blonde, they might have caught the attention of all the Kennedy boys, but that’s a topic for another thread)   

I completely understand the human suffering, duplicity and just plain ugliness of the southern segregationists, but I’m struggling to see where the liberal Yankees come out looking much better here.  Rather, it seems really, when you cut through the politics, it seems no one really gave a crap about these people. Or, perhaps, symbolically they cared, but in the practical sense, it is easier to care when the struggle is 2,000 miles away in the Deep South.  

Which brings me back to today, and my feeling that nobody in the political world really gives a crap about any of these people.  The border is a mess, the death and suffering is obvious and sustained, and both parties have blood on their hands. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This story is tragic on many levels.  Deception, promises made and broken…but ultimately it seems to tell the story that northern liberals ultimately didn’t care about the families.  Ted Kennedy, he of the fake neck brace and abandoned/drowned staffer fame, showed up for a photo op, hit the bricks and never looked back.  The family in the story ended up in the projects in Boston, living under very difficult conditions.   (Perhaps, if any of these people were vulnerable female, fair-skinned and blonde, they might have caught the attention of all the Kennedy boys, but that’s a topic for another thread)   

I completely understand the human suffering, duplicity and just plain ugliness of the southern segregationists, but I’m struggling to see where the liberal Yankees come out looking much better here.  Rather, it seems really, when you cut through the politics, it seems no one really gave a crap about these people. Or, perhaps, symbolically they cared, but in the practical sense, it is easier to care when the struggle is 2,000 miles away in the Deep South.  

Which brings me back to today, and my feeling that nobody in the political world really gives a crap about any of these people.  The border is a mess, the death and suffering is obvious and sustained, and both parties have blood on their hands. 

No one is going to come out looking good on this. And, as I mentioned earlier, because the left tends to control the media/message the GOP will get the worst of it in my opinion.  As usual, politicians didn’t think things through.  This type of behavior would never fly in the private sector.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Wrong!  The homeless are almost all citizens.  Not a lot of Hispanics that are homeless.  They all work to support each other.  The immigrants we bring in supply cheap labor. I live in a very labor intensive area. And they are almost all Hispanic.  Please connect the dots of homelessness in this country to the issues at the border. 

The cartel needs a market for their drugs and we’ve created that market with the drug abuse in this country. 

What I'm saying is we have enough people we can't take care of, why bring in more?  These people use resources. 

And your last sentence is neither here nor there.  They need a way for the drugs to get into the US.  They don't magically appear because there's a market.

The border seems to be an issue that neither party really cares enough about to solve. Both parties seem to think it is to their advantage to leave it as an unresolved issue. Both parties use it as a money maker for their campaigns. This is not a hard problem to fix. Neither party appears willing to compromise to fix this solvable problem. This issue is a classic example of our broken politics.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Doc said:

What I'm saying is we have enough people we can't take care of, why bring in more?  These people use resources. 

And your last sentence is neither here nor there.  They need a way for the drugs to get into the US.  They don't magically appear because there's a market.

I agree we have too many people here. That’s been my contention all along regarding the border.  But you have not tied that into homelessness.  Can you?  And if not why bring that up. 

And yes we have lots of illegal, and extremely harmfu,l drugs pouring across the border.  Drug addiction and overdosed is an epidemic here. Bur how does shipping migrants north shine a light on that?  It doesn’t. These politicians are really stupid. 

The population of Eagle Pass Texas is under 30,000 people. It’s a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere about an hour south of San Antonio. What are they supposed to do with these people? They definitely don’t have jobs for them? Answer: they get shipped out to somewhere else! 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I agree we have too many people here. That’s been my contention all along regarding the border.  But you have not tied that into homelessness.  Can you?  And if not why bring that up. 

And yes we have lots of illegal, and extremely harmfu,l drugs pouring across the border.  Drug addiction and overdosed is an epidemic here. Bur how does shipping migrants north shine a light on that?  It doesn’t. These politicians are really stupid.

I would figure that many illegals (will) end up on the streets.  But if not, why did you bring up homelessness? 

And shedding a light on the leaky border does the same for drugs.  This Admin is claiming "the border is secure!" and many people just believe it.