Ro-ro for "Right Josh" Rosen

13 hours ago, Doc said:

One followed the other.  After proving not to be worth keeping, they draft Murray first overall and looked to trade Rosen.  They found someone dumb enough to do it.  Then the Dols see he doesn't have it either and let him go. 

And that second was basically the same pick we got for Tyrod. The dolphins actually agreed to trader an earlier pick, then were offered a deal to move back and trade the later 2nd round pick for Rosen. Obviously not at all concerned someone would offer a better deal

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open the dictionary to 'schadenfreude', and there's Rosen's picture...

Rosen would have sucked no matter where he went, and that's coming from someone who really wanted him in the 2018 draft and was pissed they took Elite Josh instead (and am thankful I was wrong).  I'm

I just think back to so many of these situations we have all endured, as Bills fans... As crappy and sad as it is, this was us for about 2 decades.. Aaaaand, on the bright side, it is no longer u

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Doc said:

As CBF said, Josh was put in a worse situation than Rosen.  The Bills' OL had just lost their 2 best players in Wood and Incognito (and couldn't do much to remedy it given the cap situation) and he had crap at receiver and TE.  Yet the Bills decided to build around him whereas the Cardinals were likely talked-out of sticking with Rosen by Kingsbury after watching film, despite spending a 1st rounder on him.  Likewise, the Dols had nothing else at QB and traded a 2nd rounder for him, and still moved on.  I'm not sure how many more chances you give a guy before you declare him a bust.

To that i reference Jim Plunkett considered a major bust and a high draft pick that in time given the right team, coach, scheme, and more than enough experience by watching & learning from a back up position when given the chance made it work .

I know this analogy is a once in a lifetime thing but it has & can happen we never know what lies ahead it just may not be his time and all the stars are not aligned just yet . 

2 hours ago, T master said:

To that i reference Jim Plunkett considered a major bust and a high draft pick that in time given the right team, coach, scheme, and more than enough experience by watching & learning from a back up position when given the chance made it work .

I know this analogy is a once in a lifetime thing but it has & can happen we never know what lies ahead it just may not be his time and all the stars are not aligned just yet . 

Not really once in a lifetime...Rich Gannon never excelled until his mid 30's, Patriots wanted to convert him to running back when drafting him. Not the high pick that Plunkett and Rosen were though but to your point, just takes some people longer for their stars to align. I'm sure there are other examples as well.

• Agree 1