NFL $10B a year over 11 years in TV deals

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’m surprised they didn’t push FA back for this, or the NFLPA didn’t at least try to work something out.  

Each team lost 20mil to spend because of what, a week?

Those deals don't kick in until after 2021 for MNF and 2022 for the others I believe

Cap projections:

Moving forward, this new television contract is going to be a boon for teams and their players. The cap will increase big time moving forward. Here’s a look at the projections.

2021: $182.5 million

2022: $203 million

2023: $225 million

2024: $256 million

6 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Don't like that Thursday Night Football is on Amazon Prime exclusively.

I didn't like it when it was part of a normal slate of games, but just for Thursdays it's fine. I think way more people have Amazon Prime than a cable package these days.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Cap projections:

Moving forward, this new television contract is going to be a boon for teams and their players. The cap will increase big time moving forward. Here’s a look at the projections.

2021: $182.5 million

2022: $203 million

2023: $225 million

2024: $256 million

Considering we were expecting prior to the pandemic it rising to $210 mil. in 2021, and given the last 8 years it’s been about a $10 mil. increase per year, it wasn’t as much of a windfall as some projected prior to this news.  I’m happy we can get back on track, and will really help with Josh and Edmunds contracts as well as a bunch of others coming in the next couple of years.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Considering we were expecting prior to the pandemic it rising to $210 mil. in 2021, and given the last 8 years it’s been about a $10 mil. increase per year, it wasn’t as much of a windfall as some projected prior to this news.  I’m happy we can get back on track, and will really help with Josh and Edmunds contracts as well as a bunch of others coming in the next couple of years.

TV contracts went from 4.4 billion to 10 billion. It's a major windfall. The cap will be going up 20-30 million a year or more rather than 10 million.

16 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And yet they can’t fix this cap issue this year.. 

Would it really matter.  Sure the Bills would have another $20 mil left to spent, but so would every other team too.  Plus likely all the deals already made were based on a compressed cap so deals were a little bit less.  Likely of the deals the Bills already made, under a normal cap may have cost them an extra 10 to 20% so maybe at this point they would have still had $15 mil left, but again so would every other team.  A team $100 mil under the cap could have just as easily out bid them. 

The only group really hurt by not adjusting the cap to take into account the new deal coming would be the players.  Other than ESPN, the deal doesn't take affect until the 2023 season, so not sure if the league will get the money up front and will raise next years cap or will only come into play for the 2023 season.  Likely a small impact next season because of the ESPN part.  If it is 2023 that's a two full seasons away so adjusting now would have been a stretch.  Add on top they still have no idea how many fan will be allowed into games this coming season, so there very likely could still be loses this coming season.  I'll be surprised if there will be 100% fans in Sept yet, maybe by November or so could see it.

One thing I did see that likely is good news, it stated more Flexing of games including Monday night.  That's not happened before as there have been many clunkers on Mondays as has Thursday night games.

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’m surprised they didn’t push FA back for this, or the NFLPA didn’t at least try to work something out.  

Each team lost 20mil to spend because of what, a week?

Depends on the year the contract kicks in. If it is 2022 then it makes sense the cap having a one year dip, otherwise completely agree.