Sunday Ticket/Directv future

15 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I thought I read, maybe even on this forum, not too long ago that DTV has ~16 million subscribers and only about two million of those subscribe to ST.  True, ST is DTV's one big hook, but it's also a loss-leader. I'm surprised DTV didn't jump the NFL ship this year when all the TV deals were getting done...DTV can only hold on to this albatross for so long. 

I would bet that if they lost the ticket, most of those 2 million would walk, meaning they lose 1/8 of their customers almost immediately.  

Plus they wouldn't get joy out of denying people the chance to give them hundreds of dollars for the ticket. I really think it makes their day when they turn a potential customer and $400 away. That's how dumb the company is. 

The biggest difference between up and coming companies and fading old dinosaurs like Direct TV is that Amazon never saw a dollar it didn't want. Direct TV LOVES telling you that they don't want your money. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had directv for the better part of 25 years. The only reason I have it is for football, I look forward to just subscribing to only what I would want to watch.

Customer service was good until ATT got involved, then it went to shitz

There seems to have been an annual “DTV is losing Sunday ticket” thread on here since at least 2000.    at this point, I don’t care. I have directv for ticket and when they are done with it, I