Cuomo sexual allegations

Unforgiven

53 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

In my opinion the allegations against both Biden and Trump are most likely true. I voted Biden because he could do more for the country than the other person facing allegations. There is nothing I wouldn’t like better for Biden to step down so we can have a more progressive President in Kamala.

You unfortunately spent 4 years worshipping a man with many sexual allegations which have more truth into them.

If your litmus test is does Kamala believe it, she also called Trump a Sex Predator and believes all his sexual harassment.

In spite of our differences, I appreciate your willingness to hash all this out. It’s one of the reasons I come here, though there seem to be more insults thrown them dialogue exchanged of late.  

I’m glad to hear how you really feel about Biden (I already got your Trump vibe from prior posts), I’m just not clear on why it had to be drawn out of you.  If I’m reading you correctly, your calculation to vote for Joe went like this:

1. The guy is a likely a sexual predator, but his politics make him electable so I can live with it; 

2.  Harris is progressive, but unelectable for any number of reasons, but I want her for VP;

3.  Harris thinks Biden is a predator, assaults women and told the world as much, and I believe her;

4.  Harris morphed from Joe’s a predator to Joe’s a predator who wants me as VP;

5.  Voting for a predator in hopes  he’ll tap out/expire is worth it because I get what I want— a progressive who understands that some victims must be sacrificed or used as political fodder;

6.  Anyone but Trump. 

That’s fascinating to me, but as I said a few posts ago, we just needed to establish your price point.  

I don’t think Trump is a sexual assaulter, but I do think he really, really enjoys having sex with women.  I think he’s a big target. He’s very wealthy, he’s a braggart and part of his brand involved the rich playboy image. Yet, for decades he was a friend to all until he ran for president as a Republican and suddenly the knives came out.  

I hadn’t planned on voting for him, but establishment politics rules the land and I think that’s a very bad thing.  Too many Biden’s, McConnells etc gaining power, holding power and splitting the profits.  

Finally, if I thought Trump a Russian puppet, serial abuser, and overall bad guy I would have abstained at the ballot box.  But, we make our choices.  

As for Harris, it wasn’t my litmus test— it’s yours— and hers, Biden’s, Cuomo et al.  She did her level best to destroy Kavanaugh for political gain, that was enough for me.  I think she’s a classic politician in the traditional vein— she’ll say or do anything to get elected and flip the script when it suits her. 

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There was a dem recently who was accused of inappropriate touching by 7 women, he took the Cuomo route and apologized for the woman misunderstanding his intent, and said he would do better moving forward.  That same dem was accused by a woman of a violent sexual assault while a United States senator.  Members of his own party, including other candidates running for president acknowledged on record that they believed the accusations against this very powerful and influential man from the old guard of American politics.  

The Dems punished him by  nominating him for the Presidency.  His opponent, the one who believed his accuser based on his pattern of misconduct over several decades, she took a line in the sand by joining his team and telling all the sexual abuse survivors out there that some stories mattered, some people were throwaways.  

In a perfect world, Cuomo gets an impartial review of the allegations made against him, not a trial by public flogging because some nitwit like you or me mumbles  that something “appears credible” which really means “I could see it happening.”.  

Alas, the world is imperfect and we get back to the dirty world of politics where people like Brett Kavanaugh are targeted for complete character assasination because “credible” means some person said something happened at some time somewhere somehow, and a guy like Andrew Cuomo apparently receives cover for being quite handsy and using the power of his office until he’s disposable. 

There are certainly allegations against Donald Trump.  Whether they are credible is in the eye of the beholder.  

As for Jim Jordan,  the allegation is that he was a coach during a time when a doctor  groped athletes.  The investigation is being run by the Perkins Coie law firm, a firm associated with the failed Trump/Russia investigation. Jordan has denied knowledge of any wrongdoing.  One would assume there would be records of athletes reporting the abuse, records kept on who said what to whom. At this point—par for the course, we have allegations and outrage.  People will see what they want to see.

One guy acknowledges wrongdoing and 80m people say “no bigs” and look the other way on an allegation of violent sexual assault.  He’s president. 

One guy says he knows nothing about an allegation of a doc groping someone 30 years ago when he was an assistant coach and someone is going to do Docudrama on the story.  

The main difference?  Political party. 

Btw—I can’t stand Cuomo and thinks he’s a dbag.  That said, he should resign if he’s guilty of the allegations and should demand a full public accounting of the story if he is not.  That’s on the sexual assault allegation.  I think the standard we should want applied should be the standard we would expect for our best friend, not a different standard because some guy is a dick. 

Why the nursing home scandal hasn’t lead to his ouster is beyond me, but that’s politics for you. 

Trump is likely a rapist.

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

10-4.  

It’s certainly possible.  

Which is odd you say that. It feels like your burden of proof between the Biden and Trump is much different.

As to my voting calculus:

1. they’re both accused of sex issues. Trumps seem much worse than Biden as Trump had bragged about sexual assault and has a current defamation case against where he’s accused of rape. Plus from a score board standpoint 26 accusers is much more than Biden. Nice to step 2.

2.who is better for the country? Biden by a landslide. 

6 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

In my opinion the allegations against both Biden and Trump are most likely true. I voted Biden because he could do more for the country than the other person facing allegations. There is nothing I wouldn’t like better for Biden to step down so we can have a more progressive President in Kamala.

You unfortunately spent 4 years worshipping a man with many sexual allegations which have more truth into them.

If your litmus test is does Kamala believe it, she also called Trump a Sex Predator and believes all his sexual harassment.

I'm fine with Biden for another eight years given nearly all his views align with mine (minus gun control).  Having said that, Kamala would pry disappoint progressives like Obama did as her views shift to best serve her interests.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm fine with Biden for another eight years given nearly all his views align with mine (minus gun control).  Having said that, Kamala would pry disappoint progressives like Obama did as her views shift to best serve her interests.

Give Biden 8 months.

16 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Which is odd you say that. It feels like your burden of proof between the Biden and Trump is much different.

1. they’re both accused of sex issues. Trumps seem much worse than Biden as Trump had bragged about sexual assault and has a current defamation case against where he’s accused of rape. Plus from a score board standpoint 26 accusers is much more than Biden. Nice to step 2.

I appreciate your candor in spite of your comfort with Biden’s checked past.  I don’t use the Scoreboard method because it oversimplifies complex issues, but if I did, it would be Biden acknowledged inappropriate touching/groping +1, Trump zed.  

As for Biden...don’t forget the immortal words of Stevie Nicks.., “the landslide brings you down...YEAH...the landslide brings you down...” 

Anyone surprised?

This is how the Left works.

Andrew Cuomo’s vaccine czar under fire for asking county officials about their loyalty to the governor

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/03/15/andrew-cuomos-vaccine-czar-under-fire-for-asking-county-officials-about-their-loyalty-to-the-governor/

That damn right wing NYT.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

it’s surreal that our National choice is between a lot of sexual assault or just a little bit of sexual assault. God bless this dumpster fire, my home sweet home. 

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I appreciate your candor in spite of your comfort with Biden’s checked past.  I don’t use the Scoreboard method because it oversimplifies complex issues, but if I did, it would be Biden acknowledged inappropriate touching/groping +1, Trump zed.  

As for Biden...don’t forget the immortal words of Stevie Nicks.., “the landslide brings you down...YEAH...the landslide brings you down...” 

Trump admitted and acknowledge inappropriate touching and groping, so +1 Trump. Gets you at a tie. Biden is better for the country so Biden gets the vote:

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them," Mr Trump said.

"It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.

"And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

"Grab them by the *****. You can do anything."

24 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Trump admitted and acknowledge inappropriate touching and groping, so +1 Trump. Gets you at a tie. Biden is better for the country so Biden gets the vote:

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them," Mr Trump said.

When women “let him”, by definition, it’s neither unwanted nor inappropriate.  Boorish to brag about, distasteful to discuss, sure, but it happens every day. 

But maybe you know best what women should allow or not.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When women “let him”, by definition, it’s neither unwanted nor inappropriate.  Boorish to brag about, distasteful to discuss, sure, but it happens every day. 

But maybe you know best what women should allow or not.  

Women “let him” so much he is face a defamation case revolving around him raping someone and has 26 allegations of sexual misconduct. Maybe women “let him” but 26 definitely didn’t want him to.

“It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.” maybe if he would have waited for consent those 26 allegations wouldn’t be there?

But we see your colors clearly after this conversation. I’d be surprised if your spine doesn’t need a chiropractor with all the twisting a turning you need to do to defend a guy who has 26 allegations of sexual misconduct and admitted he doesn’t wait for consent he just goes in and a guy who knew about kids being molested and didn’t do anything about it.

You have shown us your moral compass and it definitely points in the direction of R.

35 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Women “let him” so much he is face a defamation case revolving around him raping someone and has 26 allegations of sexual misconduct. Maybe women “let him” but 26 definitely didn’t want him to.

“It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.” maybe if he would have waited for consent those 26 allegations wouldn’t be there?

But we see your colors clearly after this conversation. I’d be surprised if your spine doesn’t need a chiropractor with all the twisting a turning you need to do to defend a guy who has 26 allegations of sexual misconduct and admitted he doesn’t wait for consent he just goes in and a guy who knew about kids being molested and didn’t do anything about it.

You have shown us your moral compass and it definitely points in the direction of R.

Your concerns about my moral compass notwithstanding, why did you feel the need to misrepresent Trump “admitting and acknowledging” inappropriate touching?   Why lie just to have to adjust your argument in the very next post?  

It would not have had the sizzle your fabricated claim that Trump himself acknowledged wrongdoing, but it would have been simple to suggest you believe the 26.  Was it for the point on my Scoreboard?  I was just joking about that, there’s not really an actual scoreboard.  Though, if there was, it’d still be Biden 1, Trump 0.  

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your concerns about my moral compass notwithstanding, why did you feel the need to misrepresent Trump “admitting and acknowledging” inappropriate touching?   Why lie just to have to adjust your argument in the very next post?  

It would not have had the sizzle your fabricated claim that Trump himself acknowledged wrongdoing, but it would have been simple to suggest you believe the 26.  Was it for the point on my Scoreboard?  I was just joking about that, there’s not really an actual scoreboard.  Though, if there was, it’d still be Biden 1, Trump 0.  

No ones taking anything out of context.

Add to that 26 sexual assaults claims, with several still being litigated.

If Biden said what Trump did or had 26 sexual assault complaints you’d be all over Biden.

However, as you have made clear, you definition of sexual assault is: 1. Unwanted touching and advancements 2. They don’t have an R next to their name.

Its ok that you’re a hypocrite. It’s just time for you to come to terms with it.

I actually applaud it. You put the Democrats on this much higher moral pedestal than Republican. I take that as you expect much more out Democrats than you do Republicans because Democrats have actual values and stick to them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, ALF said:

It's not admissible in Court , but let the FBI administer a lie detector test to Cuomo and the women who said he groped her.

The nursing home disaster is a separate very major issue to keep investigating.  I still blame the CDC for not having clear cut mandates from the start,  that is their major purpose. 

Did the other 49 states need the CDC to tell them to not pack nursing homes with COVID positive patients?