The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why didn’t the GQP investigate those concerns?

Context? Your boy pissed all over the United States constitution - his oath of office - to throw out the votes of 81,000,000 people.

Trump is a crook and you are an anti American idiot going to bat for him traitor.

Get out of here with your bs

No, I won't do that at all.  I do forgive you for your harsh words as you struggle through your mental health crisis. 

It is clear that you support virtually everything you have accused Trump of doing so long as it suits your own political agenda.  You have no issues with allegations of an illegitimate election, weaponizing the intelligence community, talk of coup, allegations of treason and the attempted overthrow of the duly elected 45th president simply because it was politically expedient for you at the time.

Let me help you:

Zero.point.zero.zero was the outcome of the attempted coup of your people.  Not a sniff or a whiff of charges against DJT when they had the time, money, resources, House of Congress, Intelligence Community, the media pundits and Franz Mueller at the helm.  Not a traffic ticket, a jaywalking charge, not nothing, and not nothing forever.   

Let me help you further:

The 45th president gave way to the 46th president on the date and time he was required to do so.  All the Doody to Warm twitter feeds you're hyper-fixated on....hold on a second ::yawn::.......citing yet another obligatory source who for some reason requires anonymity while detailing the ::gasp:: potential overthrow of the county will lead to nothing and changes none of that.  

You were left with egg on your face (I assume it's egg, hard to say with you kneeling before your leaders), and simply revamped the argument thereafter.  They treated you like a boy because you allowed yourself to be treated as such. Grow up. Demand more. 

Your rage should be directed at the people who lead you around by the nose, but I'm happy to oblige in the interim.  

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

One would think that a terrorist event like 1/6 and ruthless attack on these heroes would unite us.

Nope - not with these Trumpholes. 

ETTD

Hahaha…..now they’re hero’s to you? You really are a lying sack of *****.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

One would think that a terrorist event like 1/6 and ruthless attack on these heroes would unite us.

Nope - not with these Trumpholes. 

ETTD

Still backing the teen touchers.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Still backing the teen touchers.

Yeah, he's committed to the L.P.  😎

DOJ WARNINGS TO PROTECT CAPITOL WERE IGNORED. WHY?

FYI:

Accordingly, I’m told that Justice Department officials advised the FBI and the Capitol police to set up a perimeter to protect the Capitol and to deploy a force sufficient to prevent an attack. But this didn’t happen. Indeed, it’s my understanding that the doors to the Capitol building weren’t even locked on January 6.

By contrast, the Department of Justice’s main building was on high alert that day. I understand that forces were deployed to protect main Justice. Ironically, those forces eventually were sent to the Capitol to help quell the rioting. I’m told that Richard Donoghue, then the Acting Deputy Attorney General and a veteran of the 82nd Airborne Division, led them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol.

Why, given all of the warning signs and actual warnings, wasn’t the Capitol protected? As I said, the FBI had been fretting for months about potential violence by Trump loyalists. FBI officials were part of the DOJ discussions about the possibility, if not probability, of violence on January 6, as well as about the need for the Capitol police to take serious protective measures.

Why didn’t the Capitol police follow the Justice Department’s advice and protect the Capitol? Why didn’t the FBI make sure the Capitol was protected?

I don’t know the answers to these questions. But I understand why some suspect that the FBI wanted a portion of the Trump supporters in D.C. on January 6 (a very small portion, as it turned out) to invade the Capitol. Just as the FBI apparently wanted extremist idiots to proceed along the path of a plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/doj-warnings-to-protect-capitol-were-ignored-why.php

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, ALF said:

Four officers who responded to U.S. Capitol attack have died by suicide

Aug 2 (Reuters) - The District of Columbia's police department on Monday said two more police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide, bringing to four the number of known suicides by officers who guarded the building that day.

A Capitol Police officer who had been attacked by protesters died the following day. More than 100 police officers were injured.

During emotional testimony last week, four police officers told a House of Representatives special committee that they were beaten, threatened, taunted with racial insults, and thought they might die as they struggled to defend the Capitol against the mob.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/officer-who-responded-us-capitol-attack-is-third-die-by-suicide-2021-08-02/

This is sad. Do we know why he committed suicide? Did he leave a note?

Unfortunately cops committing suicide is a thing.  They even have a name for it, eating your gun.

Maybe his wife left him or something.

I'm not making any assumptions until we get more facts, if we do.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is sad. Do we know why he committed suicide? Did he leave a note?

Unfortunately cops committing suicide is a thing.  They even have a name for it, eating your gun.

Maybe his wife left him or something.

I'm not making any assumptions until we get more facts, if we do.

January 6th was an embarrassment to be sure.  But the left wants to make that day look far worse than it was.  Hence claiming Sicknick was killed by the rioters, when in fact he died from a blood clot, which could never have been caused by anything they did.  Or claiming it was an attempt to overthrown the government when no one had any firearms or explosives and they all eventually left of their own accord.  Or blaming the suicides on that day, when it wasn't wasn't/should have been even close to what they've seen in their lives. 

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

January 6th was an embarrassment to be sure.  But the left wants to make that day look far worse than it was.  Hence claiming Sicknick was killed by the rioters, when in fact he died from a blood clot, which could never have been caused by anything they did.  Or claiming it was an attempt to overthrown the government when no one had any firearms or explosives and they all eventually left of their own accord.  Or blaming the suicides on that day, when it wasn't wasn't/should have been even close to what they've seen in their lives. 

Cool.  Whitewash this just like your HCQ hoax.  Those dudes with zip ties and the unruly mob were merely tourists, right?  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Cool.  Whitewash this just like your HCQ hoax.  Those dudes with zip ties and the unruly mob were merely tourists, right?  

Insisting on the truth is not "whitewash"

and the false tale of the zip ties has been explained multiple times here.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/08/05/lawyer_capitol_cop_who_shot_ashli_babbitt_ambushed_her_on_jan_6_without_warning_788569.html

Here’s some recent news:

Questions linger over the shooting, especially whether the officer who fired the fatal shot warned Babbitt to stop before he opened fire as she attempted to breach a barricaded door inside the Capitol Building.

The officer’s lawyer insists his client not only issued such a command, but did so loudly and clearly. However, in an interview with RealClearInvestigations, Babbitt family attorney Terry Roberts said he has gathered evidence indicating the officer, a plainclothes police lieutenant, remained silent. Far from warning Babbitt he would shoot, Roberts said the officer “ambushed” her from the side where she could not see he had taken up position in a hall doorway and had trained his weapon on her.

“It’s not debatable,” said Roberts. “There was no warning.”

It’s certainly debatable as far as the public is concerned, because we haven’t seen the many surveillance videos that undoubtedly exist.

More:

More than six months after the shooting, the U.S. Capitol Police still refuse to release the name of the officer. But several sources have identified him as Lt. Michael L. Byrd, a 53-year-old veteran of the force who was serving as commander of the House Chamber Section of the Capitol Police on Jan. 6. He has not returned to duty and remains on paid administrative leave. Attempts to reach Byrd were unsuccessful.

And this is interesting as well:

“I’m not sure how he was justified shooting her when there was a SWAT team right behind her,” added a veteran Capitol officer, referring to three heavily armed USCP officers who had positioned themselves between the doors and the mob. “They saw no immediate threat.” The officer spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. A Capitol Police spokeswoman would not say if the officer’s actions were consistent with use-of-force policies, which are not publicly available. In a statement released earlier this month, however, USCP noted that it is “increasing its use-of-force … training.”

I’m going to assume that we’ll learn more as this lawsuit progresses.