The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

We learned from the BEST

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

LOL!  The lack of personal accountability goes back well before Trump.

He really *****-up your heads, didn't he? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  The lack of personal accountability goes back well before Trump.

He really *****-up your heads, didn't he? 

Just highlighting the fact that you have no foresight before you post garbage that exposes you like this doc.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Just highlighting the fact that you have no foresight before you post garbage that exposes you like this doc.

No, it only exposes you.  Nowhere did I mention Trump and the Dems have been the party of victimhood for decades.  But he's all you can think about

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, it only exposes you.  Nowhere did I mention Trump and the Dems have been the party of victimhood for decades.  But he's all you can think about

Trump *is* the leader of your party - so clearly the Trump obsession is beyond me… besides, you are here to champion everything that he espouses. 

There a lot of of holes in the insurrection narrative regarding the Capitol building on 1/6.  The biggest one is a simple yet important question.  I've scoured the media for anything that might provide an answer.  I can't find anything that meets such criteria.  In fact I haven't even seen the question asked.  I've thought this through for a while.  The question is this:

What stopped the insurrection from succeeding on 1/6?

To set the stage there was a crowed of approximately 500,000 protesters reported.  Of that crowd about 900 were said to enter the Capitol.  So a little less than .2% of the crowd participated in the lawful and unlawful entering of the Capitol.  I say lawful and unlawful because reports suggest about 1/2 of the protesters entering the Capitol were "invited in" by the Capitol Police.  So about .1% committed a crime of trespass. 

So the alleged idea was through any means necessary to:

1) stop the 2020 election results from being certified by Congress

2) stop the transition of power to the new administration

So who and what stopped this from happening? 

It wasn't the military.  There were no active units deployed or engaged.

It wasn't the national guard. Congressional leaders informed of potential trouble ignored those warnings and declined the offer of the guard.

It wasn't the DC police.  They didn't have jurisdiction.

It wasn't the Capitol Police  They had a regular contingent of officers on duty that day and were ill prepared for the crowd or any potential trouble despite warnings.

It wasn't members of Congress from either party.  Reports suggest they were all hiding and running from the building.

Given there was no organized resistance to this armed insurrection loaded up with AR-15s, hand guns, explosives, all kinds of weapons (that's the story being peddled, right?) what stopped them from locating, finding, chasing down, capturing, injuring, or killing any or all representative or senators that they were targeting?  As there was little or nothing to stop them. 

Magically, with nothing in the way of achieving their "planned" objectives" it appears they just decided to turn around, leave, and go home.  All without any reasonable explanation.  From anyone, anywhere.  That doesn't sound like the behavior of armed insurrectionists bent on "over-throwing" or disrupting the mechanisms of government. 

This is like the Greeks hiding in the Trojan Horse, stealing out of the horse in the dead of night, opening the gates of the city, then leaving and headed home.  But we know that didn't happen. 

Or like Antifa breaking through the perimeter of the Federal Court House in Portland and then turning around to head back to their mom's basements.  While we are all pretty confident they would have ransacked, destroyed, and burned the building to the ground given the chance.

But these "Trump" insurrectionist" with nothing in their way to stop them from achieving their objectives just decided to forget about it all and just leave and go home.  Simply excepting defeat after all the time and effort "planning" the attack and trudging all the way to DC just to leave empty handed.  Logic would conclude the insurrection narrative is complete BS.  But logic and Washington politics are mutually exclusive concepts.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
correct a few typos
  • Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There a lot of of holes in the insurrection narrative regarding the Capitol building on 1/6.  The biggest one is a simple yet important question.  I've scoured the media for anything that might provide an answer.  I can't find anything that meets such criteria.  In fact I haven't even seen the question asked.  I've thought this through for a while.  The question is this:

To set the stage there was a crowed of approximately 500,000 protesters reported.  Of that crowd about 900 were said to enter the Capitol.  So a little less than .2% of the crowd participated in the lawful and unlawful entering of the Capitol.  I say lawful and unlawful because reports suggest about 1/2 of the protesters entering the Capitol were "invited in" by the Capitol Police.  So about .1% committed a crime of trespass. 

It wasn't the national guard. Congressional leaders informed of potential trouble ignored those warnings and declined the offer of the guard.

It wasn't the Capitol Police  They had a regular contingent of officers on duty that day and were ill prepared for the crowd or any potential trouble despite warnings.

It wasn't members of Congress from either party.  Reports suggest they were all hiding and running from the building.

Given there was no organized resistance to this armed insurrection loaded up with AR-15s, hand guns, explosives, all kinds of weapons (that's the story being peddled, right?) what stopped them from locating, finding, chasing down, capturing, injuring, or killing any or all representative or senators that they were targeting?  As there was little or nothing to stop them. 

Magically, with nothing in the way of achieving their "planned" objectives" it appears they just decided to turn around, leave, and go home.  All without any reasonable explanation.  From anyone, anywhere.  That doesn't sound like the behavior of armed insurrectionists bent on "over-throwing" or disrupting the mechanisms of government. 

This is like the Greeks hiding in the Trojan Horse, stealing out of the horse in the dead of night, opening the gates of the city, then leaving and headed home.  But we know that didn't happen. 

Or like Antifa breaking through the perimeter of the Federal Court House in Portland and then turning around to head back to their mom's basements.  While we are all pretty confident they would have ransacked, destroyed, and burned the building to the ground given the chance.

But these "Trump" insurrectionist" with nothing in their way to stop them from achieving their objectives just decided to forget about it all and just leave and go home.  Simply excepting defeat after all the time and effort "planning" the attack and trudging all the way to DC just to leave empty handed.  Logic would conclude the insurrection narrative is complete BS.  But logic and Washington politics are mutually exclusive concepts.

Logic is not the strongest suit for many. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Agreed. 500,000 people showed up on 1/6?

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

That’s all you took from his post?  

Why do you think they all just packed up and left?  If they were so intent on overthrowing the government they would have stuck around?  

What are your thoughts about that? 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s all you took from his post?  

Why do you think they all just packed up and left?  If they were so intent on overthrowing the government they would have stuck around?  

What are your thoughts about that? 

Chartered bus schedules?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Chartered bus schedules?

So if their whole purpose was to overthrow the government why did they have return trips or even care about leaving?  

“***** look at the time!  Ok guys. Gotta roll or the buses are leaving without us!” 

So you, in three words, just killed your whole accusation/argument.  Bravo!  

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So if their whole purpose was to overthrow the government why did they have return trips or even care about leaving?  

“***** look at the time!  Ok guys. Gotta roll or the buses are leaving without us!” 

LMAO - I didn’t kill anything - just funny watching you Trumpholes desperately trying to rewrite history as the world watched on live TV in horror.

Nice try Seditionist Jim  

58 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

good analysis and interesting question. 

thats not seen alot here.

the only thing that happened was the death of babbit. as shown by much of the video i think alot of people were swept up in mob mentality. the gunshot and her death is the only thing that might of snapped alot of the people into reality on how serious this was. as you pointed out, some police invited them in. id have to think that seeing someone shot would turn attention towards her recieving help and scare anyone off that was not intending on truly overthrowing  our government. 

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

lol ok guys the bus leaves at 7 o clock so make sure we insurrect by 6 30. i got work tommorrow morning.

i give you alot of credit jim. you are pretty relentless at actually trying to extract a discussion out of some of these members that are obviously not here for that.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - I didn’t kill anything - just funny watching you Trumpholes desperately trying to rewrite history as the world watched on live TV in horror.

Nice try Seditionist Jim  

So if they were going to overthrow the republic why did they leave when the bus drivers came around and said "time to go"?  No your whole "1/9 overthrow of the government" now holds exactly zero water.  

How are we rewriting history?  You're the one writing history to justify your narrative...which you, without even realizing it, killed.  Bravo Billy Boy!  Bravo!! 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes the whole deadly insurrection narrative is propaganda. It was a political rally/protest within which a bunch of occupy protesters attempted to impede the business of an institution and idiotically fell into mob violence. Why? Because they collectively believed their voice wasn’t heard. 

Same escalation we had seen for most of 2020. 

Those cowering in fear over the amped up supremacist insurrection narrative are kind of silly. 

My suspicion is liberals thought protesting was only their thing and did not like the trumpers taking a page from the BLM playbook. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood