Jessica Pegula currently playing 4th round match at Australian Open!

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Pegs falling apart here, just double-faulted to 0-40, and there it is, Brady gets the 2nd set 6-2, after breaking Pegs at love.  Not looking good for the local girl.  She owned Brady in the 1st set, Brady owned her in the 2nd.  Let's hope Pegs can get it back for the 3rd set.  If not, Brady 6-0 is right there.

I hear you but optimistically I wonder if Jess wanted to conserve energy for the third set. Pacing herself. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you could enjoy the win!!!  Did you try to hang yourself after the Bills made it to the AFC Championship Game?  

She rocked it tonight! Big time tennis. Aggression, control and power. Top ten tennis. She is playing at the very highest level. 

Her first ever top 10 win and on to the quarter finals in a major! That is AWESOME!!!   Where are the clowns with the “little rich girl and her hobby” takes? She is an elite, world class ath

3 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I hear you but optimistically I wonder if Jess wanted to conserve energy for the third set. Pacing herself. Fingers crossed.

Sampras used to do that. Then pull out that laser accurate serve in the next set. A break here early in the third could be HUGE in momentum! 

Momentum and confidence is enormous in a tight match. 

Edited by Augie
Just now, Augie said:

Sampras used to do that. Then pull out that laser accurate serve in the next set. A break here early in the third could be HUGE in momentum! 

Absolutely loved Sampy's game.

There's the break!!!

Chrissie Evert's comment about Kim and Terry not having any influence over Jess' tennis game was something I read in an article and that anyone could find online. I just expected that a tennis legend would have special insight but of course they can't know everything about everyone I guess.

1 minute ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Absolutely loved Sampy's game.

There's the break!!!

I played a client/acquaintance once in a friendly little match at our club. I knew he was a prominent judge and his wife was a teacher my wife was friendly with. That’s all I knew. 

I was up 5-2 in the first, and lost. I waS UP 4-1 in the second, and lost. I got tight, and he got better. Laser focus. Like Sampras, saved himself for the BIG points and never made a mistake.

I later learned he was the all-time single season scoring average player for University of Florida basketball. A rather large but agile man. He had also won 2 straight 4.0 club championships and I think he was in the finals at 4.5 playing against former college players.  He had a mental level I did not have available. 

There is another level,  but you just keeping plugging away. 

Jessica fading here, as I did.....

• Like (+1) 1
Just now, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Chrissie Evert's comment about Kim and Terry not having any influence over Jess' tennis game was something I read in an article and that anyone could find online. I just expected that a tennis legend would have special insight but of course they can't know everything about everyone I guess.

Network would be wise to take note of the Buffalo TV market's potential when there's a local connection (or of course just regular hockey or football on). Throw the new WNY (and probably SE Florida) viewers a bone by doing a little more homework. That's just diligent broadcast production and growing the product.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I played a client/acquaintance once in a friendly little match at our club. I knew he was a prominent judge and his wife was a teacher my wife was friendly with. That’s all I knew. 

I was up 5-2 in the first, and lost. I waS UP 4-1 in the second, and lost. I got tight, and he got better. Laser focus. Like Sampras, saved himself for the BIG points and never made a mistake.

I later learned he was the all-time single season scoring average player for University of Florida basketball. A rather large but agile man. He had also won 2 straight 4.0 club championships and I think he was in the finals at 4.5 playing against former college players.  He had a mental level I did not have available. 

There is another level,  but you just keeping plugging away. 

Jessica fading here, as I did.....

Yep. So much for my theory of saving her resources for the final set. However this match ends, what an incredible run by Jess.

• Like (+1) 3
3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wow, Pegs just wilted in the 3rd after breaking Brady in the 1st game of the third set.  Too many unforced errors.  Brady is clearly more fit.  Good result Jess, see you at the US Open.

Why not the French or Wimbledon ? Or are you planning on seeing her live?

• Haha (+1) 1