Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

Big Turk

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He actually wasn't all that good in run blocking.... He's overrated by many here. I wouldn't pay him unless it's an extremely cap friendly deal. Let him walk, keep Morse and find an upgrade there. 

Rewatch the Pitt game. Thought he struggled a bit against SF too. 

Exactly this but then people want to cut Morse and not resign Daryl Williams for Feliciano..... absolutely no thanks.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What was your assessment of his pass blocking outside of the AFCCG?  Those games matter too.

I think that his best attribute is his ability to play guard and center.  Making 3 mill a year, he earns his pay.  Making 6-8 mill a year, he’s overpriced.  I feel that he’s easily knocked off balance in pass pro and is inconsistent.  Luckily for him the league isn’t stacked with great pass rushing DTs.  When he faces one, it’s ugly.  The chiefs have one of the best and we’re likely going to face him in the playoffs regularly. I don’t think it’s a matchup we can afford to see if we plan on beating the chiefs.  Jones had 0 tackles and completely dominated the game

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I just dont get why people want to cut Morse. 

He clearly makes us much much better. We want to cut these vets on the team but sign people like Peterson, Geno Atkins, etc... it makes no sense. Morse has been very good for us. 

I don't want to cut him.  I just think it's going to happen.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So it makes me think....he's a below average pass blocker and overall as a unit we were a terrible run blocking team.

What value does he have to the Bills then?

So I think he is our best run blocker and it isn't that close in my mind. If the Bills want to improve their run game they'd be advised to keep Feliciano. I just don't think his play merits a pay rise. If he wants to stay and make basically the same money he has made the last two years then sign me up. He is value at that price. If he wants $6m per year then no thanks let's move on. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't want to cut him.  I just think it's going to happen.  

Why would it happen? If it came down to it... I'm taking Morse at his current contract vs Feliciano at 8 mill. and its not even close. Next year, Morse dead cap is 2.7 mill... thats when they would likely cut him if they decide to do so.

Edited by warrior9

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So Feliciano wasn't good in run blocking and is a terrible pass blocker yet he's going to receive a nice contract somewhere....

Maybe Brian Winters will get about $6 million a year as well?  He's also a bad back blocker and run blocker.

This cap site claims his comparable market value is over $8M per season.  Seems high.  I don't see the Bills going anywhere near that figure.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/market-value/

• Like (+1) 2

Agree with bringing Jon Feliciano back, but to play center. Need more size and physicality up front, so Morse unfortanutely should get cut. So in theory that leaves:

LT - Dawkins

LG - 

C - Feliciano

RG - Cody Ford

RT - 

Big decision looming at RT with Daryl Williams. Depends on the price tag, but IMO one of the 2 openings needs to be a 1st/2d round draft pick and the other a FA signing. 

Boettger + Bates are perfect backups and should be viewed as that with their versatility. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see this Bills' offseason as very intriguing for a team that made it to the AFC Championship game. Usually teams that make it that far, stand pat for the most part, and add the so called one player to get them over the top.  I don't see the Bills standing pat. I'd like them to create some cap space and get a DE who is a difference maker.  They also have 14 UFAs which indicates some roster churn especially with the cap going down this year.

Feliciano wanting to come back is no real surprise.  He was a backup guard with the Raiders and is a starter here.  I see Feliciano as a backup IOL guy.  They need to get bigger and stronger at guard.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Acattack15 said:

Agree with bringing Jon Feliciano back, but to play center. Need more size and physicality up front, so Morse unfortanutely should get cut. So in theory that leaves:

LT - Dawkins

LG - 

C - Feliciano

RG - Cody Ford

RT - 

Big decision looming at RT with Daryl Williams. Depends on the price tag, but IMO one of the 2 openings needs to be a 1st/2d round draft pick and the other a FA signing. 

Boettger + Bates are perfect backups and should be viewed as that with their versatility. 

No, he shouldnt. 

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I just dont get why people want to cut Morse. 

He clearly makes us much much better. We want to cut these vets on the team but sign people like Peterson, Geno Atkins, etc... it makes no sense. Morse has been very good for us. 

He’s been very good in pass protection. He’s all finesse with zero power in the run game.  I feel that we should choose one of the other. I don’t like Morse and Feliciano playing side by side, especially if the other guard is Ford/boettger.  

I feel that Daryl Williams should be signed if we can lock him up for the “market value” of 7.8M aav.  I think we might benefit if we can switch up 2 of the interior OL starters. 

Just now, NewEra said:

He’s been very good in pass protection. He’s all finesse with zero power in the run game.  I feel that we should choose one of the other. I don’t like Morse and Feliciano playing side by side, especially if the other guard is Ford/boettger.  

I feel that Daryl Williams should be signed if we can lock him up for the “market value” of 7.8M aav.  I think we might benefit if we can switch up 2 of the interior OL starters. 

Your QB is Josh Allen.. I think the answer is fairly obvious. 

10 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Why would it happen? If it came down to it... I'm taking Morse at his current contract vs Feliciano at 8 mill. and its not even close. Next year, Morse dead cap is 2.7 mill... thats when they would likely cut him if they decide to do so.

I think they like Feliciano at center because he's more of a push guy.  Morse is your pin/pull time of blocker.

I think people underestimate the sign of Morse being benched against AZ.  He was cleared to play and healthy.

McDermott called it a football decision, Morse said himself that the coach's sent him a message with that move.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they like Feliciano at center because he's more of a push guy.  Morse is your pin/pull time of blocker.

I think people underestimate the sign of Morse being benched against AZ.  He was cleared to play and healthy.

McDermott called it a football decision, Morse said himself that the coach's sent him a message with that move.

Bills have been scouting centers also. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think he is our best run blocker and it isn't that close in my mind. If the Bills want to improve their run game they'd be advised to keep Feliciano. I just don't think his play merits a pay rise. If he wants to stay and make basically the same money he has made the last two years then sign me up. He is value at that price. If he wants $6m per year then no thanks let's move on. 

I think you've stated before that you like Feliciano at center more than guard.

I think do too....I think he starts at Center.

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center.

We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boettger/FA/Draft pick battle for two starting spots.

I see this too.   Lots of big oline talent in the 1st two rounds this year.  Could see Alex Leatherwood and Deonte Brown back to back for the Bills.

• Sad 1